• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
Years
To date, what has been your favourite Roleplay(s) you've participated in and why?

^ yours is the only one I've been in that hasn't died, and I played through to the end, so I liked your the best XD

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
To date, what has been your favourite Roleplay(s) you've participated in and why?

I can't say mine right? LOL jk. I've been in quite a few, many that didn't finish, but my favorite three were/are:

1. Darkness Reigns-Unfortunately, it died. :( But while it lasted, it was FUN!

2. War Between Pokemon and Humans- Unfortunately, it's finishing!

3. Years of Lies- Unfortunately- there's nothing unfortunate about it! It kicks a$$

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Well, I am presenting an idea. I have not made much progress, if any at all. The base is a Community RP for well, the RP community. If you like the idea or want to add on to it, you can feel free to do so. I think that having a Community RP amongst the community would strengthen the bonds between RPers, which could only benefit the future of the RP Corner. Tell me what you think.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Edit: I just came up with this crazy idea that might just stay crazy.

You know how a lot of the events/contests in the Get-Togethers have something to do with one of the sections in the forum? Well, I was thinking that Roleplay Corner should have a contest as well, where entrants are to come up with the Story and Plot of a Roleplay based on a certain theme, and the judges or members can vote on the best one!

Idk though, it just suddenly popped into my head as I was thinking of ways to bring more potential RPers here :B I mean, we do have a decent amount of active RPers here already, but the more the merrier, right? :D

And Sewaddle's Get-Together idea made me think it would be super cute if we did a roleplay for all of PC, where we roleplayed ourselves. I have no idea how that would work, and how it would be any different from just talking to each other, but I felt like I needed to throw that out there. =v=d

I'm all for the idea, I think it's great when our little community gets together as a whole! :D

I always thought it would be cool to have like one community wide roleplay that was widely advertised that most of us were in. Then I realised how much WORK that would be and stuff so I kinda shoved that idea off.

this idea was actually brought up a little while ago O:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

Definitely War. :) It was my first RP, and it was through this that I improved my skills as a RPer. :)

Second would have to be... PokeZombies, I guess. It was a blast RPing in that, and Zeph was an awesome GM. Unfortunately it died very soon...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Regarding a RP where we "roleplay ourselves", it's been tried and really it's... not much different from chatting. Unless a real setting is created and a story is made up where we can somehow play ourselves without feeling too weird... but nah. If you want to roleplay as yourself, then fill in a character sheet in a RP with your own history and appearance and all? ^^'

Also, my favorite RP... well, the one I had most fun with was probably that old one I can't really remember now. A journey RP where we didn't post in chapters but rather together. The GM disappeared and we were talking about continuing without them but we sort of didn't in the end. Pity, I had really fun. Also, Rockets Rising was fun :3 While it lasted... I wonder where that thread is now, hm, it can't be too old yet.

Years
My favorite would have to be the Pokemon War RP. Unfortunately, I quit because no one interacted with my character in a meaningful way. It seemed kinda pointless.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

I'd honestly say the first one I joined: The Second Coming was my favorite. It's where I met my first pair and some other awesome people, even though since said people either became inactive and/or became distant from me. I still really enjoyed it to the very end~

The Uprising was pretty fun, too, even though I wasn't the most active and played a character who was rather difficult to play (I think in her Personality I described her as "emotionless" or something?).

As for newer RPs I'm honestly liking Broken and Kanto Rewinded. Broken's sort of what got me back into RPing (I'm not kidding, I literally disappeared from the LJ RP community in March or April or so) and I've been enjoying how it's turning out so far, and Kanto Rewinded's a fun Journey RP in general~ Not to mention it's probably the first time where I've been in an RP where plotting between players is necessary?

Oh, oh, and there was that PokeSupe RP the late PokeSupe FC put on some time back (there was another one long before that, but meh). Even if it didn't get really far I still liked it XD;

---

Oh, and I might as well ask here since a lot of people do look here: Does anyone object to me switching over from Sewaddle to here in the RPs I'm currently in, or would you rather I stay Sewaddle for said RPs to avoid confusion? /once things are set in stone I swear I will become active again

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I was wondering if you were going to use your main account here again at some point ;)

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012

I've only really participated in two RPs, one of which had a lot of potential to be fun but unfortunately died because the GM seemed to disappear without a trace. I spent ages writing that SU. The other is Broken, which is really fun to write for, not to mention a really nice, original* plot.

One that sticks out in my mind was a couple of years back when I was in my later stages of noob-ish writing. Though my spelling and grammar were mostly fine, my ideas were still fairly clichéd and I made some poor character choices. Still, I wouldn't mind revisiting that character at some point.

*I'm like Death the Kid when it comes to reading: MUST. HAVE. ORIGINALITY. -hyperventilates-

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Probably Rocket's Rising; its the only RP on where I get to be evil. <3

I really wished that my RP's would stick, but I dunno anymore. </3 I was thinking of a Pokemon RP that has a few megaman NT warrior references mix in, buuut again, I'm just not sure~

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I've only really participated in two RPs, one of which had a lot of potential to be fun but unfortunately died because the GM seemed to disappear without a trace. I spent ages writing that SU.
The digimon one, right? I miss that one too, that had a great storyline going and then it just DIED.

But I'm glad you guys like Broken's storyline. :>

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Hey, if you go through with that Pokemon/Rockman.EXE idea (for some reason I like its Japanese title more o3o), I bet we can at least get Netto to join! /Idk

It sounds interesting though. And sorry that I haven't been more active in your Journeye Continued ;;

Years
The first was Begin, Again! That was when I loved Chapter RPs. X3 Then, Darkrai's Balloon wasn't so bad, pity it died. I'll be looking out if another one like it drifts by. :>

Eternal Nightmare was good hearty RP, I absolutely cherished the time playing my character there. ALL SHALL BOW DOWN TO LUKE VAN EYLA'S PREDECESSOR!!!! XD

Recently, Odyssey 2 and Broken proved to be much creative ones! I feel reluctant and sad to go, but. *sigh* Ah, quit the negativity /slaps self

Oh, and I might as well ask here since a lot of people do look here: Does anyone object to me switching over from Sewaddle to here in the RPs I'm currently in, or would you rather I stay Sewaddle for said RPs to avoid confusion? /once things are set in stone I swear I will become active again
Sewaddle. Naw, I don't think anyone will be confused, if you told them beforehand. It's fine to RP on any account, I guess so long as you don't be rude and don't let anyone know about it.:3

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
The digimon one, right? I miss that one too, that had a great storyline going and then it just DIED.

But I'm glad you guys like Broken's storyline. :>

That's the one. We didn't even get a chance to interact each other, but then there's not much point in whining about it.

Onto other things, GO NEXT! (the Tiger & Bunny themed RP that I was thinking about doing) is up in the RP Lounge, if people are interested.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
I'd join your upcoming new TWEWY RP Skymin... it's just... well...

I'm not very good at making OC's.

Plus I have some new things planned for the unknown future that may prevent me from being very active in RP's anyway.

However... good luck with the new one.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I used to hate making OCs as well and thus ended up recycling characters from previous RPs, but I think I've gotten better since LJ RPing, where I've had to play canon characters. I know it sounds irrelevant, but my inability to accurately play them as increased my ability to make OCs who I can play accurately XD So now I try and make new characters whenever I join a new RP!

Also, this is related to the Magical Kid RP I keep talking about, but what do you all think of a Sign Up sheet that's different from the normal one? As in, rather than it be a sheet, it's done interview-style where the character answers ICly. Another unique thing is quantity is looked down upon in an interview-style SU because if it were like a real interview, you'd want to keep answers simple and sweet, right? So quality really counts in this case.

I was thinking of doing something like that just to have something out of the ordinary, you know? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back