• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Tell Tale Game

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 21, 2020
Hello, PC. I was playing the storytelling game with some friends a few nights ago and was struck with an idea. It seems like a common trend amongst us rom-hackers is that we can't write a complete story. I thought to myself, "We should just take a bunch of small stories and shove them together!" and, voilà, this idea was born. I'm a little skeptical about the community putting something good together, but it's worth a shot. Who knows, if we can create something, I may try to make a hack out of it.

The Game

The game begins with one person writing several sentences of a story. The next person will then have to pick up the story and add several sentences of their own. From there, you just continue until you've created some semblance of a story.

Rules

1. Your part of the story can only be one paragraph. That means you have about six sentences to work with, give or take. It's fine if you need a little more or less, but don't go overboard with it.

2. To avoid confusion, you can only continue the last story segment that was posted and you must quote the person's story that you are continuing. If more than one person quotes the same story by accident, I'll just add one after the other (if applicable).

3. Be creative but realistic! Fun is encouraged, but it also needs to make sense.

I'll start with some background.

It's been 10 years since the _______, an event that spurred the sudden growth of forests across the region. Dense forests, whose mysterious spores are causing strange behavior in Pokemon, now cover much of the region.

_______, a town protected from the spores by strong winds from the sea, is home to the region's professor who is researching the forests. The child of the professor, [player], assists in their parent's research.

One day, as they are collecting samples from the edge of the nearby forest, [player] hears a strange sound from deeper within it. You go to explore when suddenly...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
It's been 10 years since the _______, an event that spurred the sudden growth of forests across the region. Dense forests, whose mysterious spores are causing strange behavior in Pokemon, now cover much of the region.

_______, a town protected from the spores by strong winds from the sea, is home to the region's professor who is researching the forests. The child of the professor, [player], assists in their parent's research.

One day, as they are collecting samples from the edge of the nearby forest, [player] hears a strange sound from deeper within it. You go to explore when suddenly...

...you see a mysterious person being chased by a pack of wild of bug Pokemon. As they try to escape, they run deeper into the forest and so you follow to help. They're eventually cornered by the Pokemon and you jump in to help when suddenly...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 26, 2021
You wrote "a mysterious person" (singular) but later said "they" (plural) try to escape. Are there now multiple mysterious persons or one?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
You wrote "a mysterious person" (singular) but later said "they" (plural) try to escape. Are there now multiple mysterious persons or one?

The "they" is used to show that we don't know if they're male or female yet.

Last edited:
Back