• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Spinoff for Young Kids?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay so nephew was playing Pokemon Rumble World yesterday aaaannnddd it was easy for him but he got bored and didn't entirely understand the concept, oops. Now just genuinely curious! With so many options available... which spin-off do you think is the easiest for young kids under well... eight?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Pokemon Shuffle is free to download, and I knew a few kids who liked it.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I think "Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire" is absolutely fantastic for kids who are eight and under! At least it was for me at that age, haha—you wouldn't believe how hooked I was! :D

The mechanics are simple enough for anyone to pick up with ease, and there is soooo much to do which can hold your attention. Catching/evolving Pokémon is always fun, and all of the power-ups and bonus levels feel very organic to the Pokémon franchise. To top things off, the graphics were visually appealing (at least for a GBA game), and the music was pleasant to listen to!

I'm not sure how easy it is to obtain this game anymore, though... It's beyond me why they would re-release this game for the Wii U's Virtual Console, but not for the 3DS. But still! If you are somehow able to access this game, I think it could be an enjoyable experience for your nephew to try it! =)

Years
Snap and Stadium (2) come to mind. I think the minigames in Stadium don't need to be unlocked at all, and those were my favorite part of the game. Are those games available on the Wii U virtual console eshop though? I doubt many kids today have an N64...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmmmm. I feel like Shuffle is a BIT complicated, like there's puzzles. I dunno are kids these days able to do puzzles? BECAUSE I... unfortunately couldn't really.

Actually you guys know what'd be perfect? Pokemon Channel! It was SO easy. Actually probably the easiest spinoff, anyone else agree?

semi

the magnificent steiner
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
pokemon channel takes me way back to good old simple times :^ alas, i gave it another try in middle school and ultimately realised that it was not exactly as good as i had remembered. but for kids? simple premise, entertaining and interactive. i recommend.

as for being easy, that can be a pro or a con, it depends. but easy it was :')

Back