• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
1. They are both equal...it doesn't really matter

2. Try 2012, in black/white and 16 colour mode and 207 in black/white and 16 colour mode

He means in unLZ.gba. And if you edited it than import it, save it and try it out.

Years
on my new custom pokemon game (FR BASE) i am recreating johto but with a few minor adjustments. But when prof elm comes and warns you not to leave newbark without a pokemon he says here come with me. And leads me to the lab except the lab is in a different place. Can i make prof elm walk to the NEW LAB??

Last edited:

Shadow-Soul

Mapper/Hacker
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2011
you might need to edit the event? im not sure

and how can i insert new tiles in my new hack?

Twila27

Beginning Spriter/Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2016
I am trying to edit the two top houses in Littleroot Town to have the tileset of a secret base, how can I find the tileset of a secret base?

EDIT: Nevermind the above question, someone else solved it.

Last edited:

Ultima Super

Noob Hacker o.O
Years
I'm editing Emerald and I'm wondering how to change the discriptions of Pokemon. Also i started a SuprScan with UnLz and now my rom is still in superscan

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
A Few Question

I have a few questions that I need answered. Please feel free to answer any of them that you can.

1. Bewildered and BaseEdit say the message " Supported ROM, but wild pokemon base is unspecified". BaseEdit says that the monster name is unspecified.

2. Is there a program that changes the text in games, such as the intro with the professer?

3. With FireRed, the names of Pokemon in Patted are messed up.

4.How do I use Spread?

Thanks for any help you give me. The ROM I am using is Pokemon FireRed, as i am sure you figured out. If you need anymore info, let me know.

gag15

POkemon Master
Years
once agian since no one answered my question
how do u add a new region map to pokemon emerald(overwrite the old one)
and since i want to ad kanto to it how do i put that map in the game too!

plz and thx whom ever in advance!

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2007
once agian since no one answered my question
how do u add a new region map to pokemon emerald(overwrite the old one)
and since i want to ad kanto to it how do i put that map in the game too!

plz and thx whom ever in advance!

Hey dude I feel ur pain this whole thread is one CROWDED FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!!!! Half of our questions get answered around here and the majority of the time no one can help. Whenever I try to post my own thread they say the moderator has to let it launch but it never shows up on the message boards.

Anyway to answer your question, if u wanna change the region I would try using this program called Cyclone which will change the overworld map to your liking just make sure you saved the pallete of the region but I don't know the offset in Unlz. As far as adding a new region I'm trying to do the same so we're in the same position so, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US!!!!?????

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2007
new question how can i import scripts already made in all the pokemon games into scripted so i can edit them???

Years
ok, i make a script, im not a noob, i have both the ROM (fire red) and my script saved in the same folder. I go to open my Script with scriptEd and nothing appears. I have saved it right, i have put the .rbc at the end, but still nothing appears on ScriptEd, when i open it with Rubikon notepad it shows. This is a problem because when i compile the script, and i talk to the designated person in the game, no script appears, which means ScriptEd has compiled nothing.
Please help me.
(PS) dont tell me to download Irish Witch's pokescript whatever its called, because i dont want to download anything new.
(PSS) i also have redownloaded ScriptEd, and it has not fixed.

Giovanni

EDIT: Problem solved. and...
How do I edit scripts in Elite Map? When I ctrl+click, it's just blank...
do this:
Although some people don't need to, a reason ScriptED may not work for many is because it doesn't see the file extension. To make it see it, in a folder, go to Tools> Folder Options> View, and turn off the "hide filetype extensions" box.
Thanks Hedgehogger for that, although i found it myself, and didnt really ask him, it was just there :P

Last edited:

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
ugh help =X i cant script period cant add um to games cant write um, i tryd to copy/paste eg. scripts ive seen floating about but e
wen i get them i cant add them...
why!?
cuz idn x.x i need help writing and adding scripts btw i downloaded that commands thing by christos, no it did not help me >.<

P.S the word 'noob' is to commonly used do you even know what it means =/ a noob is someone who is new to something, so next time u want to cll someone a stoopid noob .. think -_-'

Years
ugh help =X i cant script period cant add um to games cant write um, i tryd to copy/paste eg. scripts ive seen floating about but e
wen i get them i cant add them...
why!?
cuz idn x.x i need help writing and adding scripts btw i downloaded that commands thing by christos, no it did not help me >.<

P.S the word 'noob' is to commonly used do you even know what it means =/ a noob is someone who is new to something, so next time u want to cll someone a stoopid noob .. think -_-'

ummm?
this? you mean?
Spoiler:

Giovanni

Years
wild SHINY pokemon battle script

Yo,
Some things to make all clear: first, I'm not new at romhacking, so yay. Second, I'm not so new at P.C., I just preffer to read than write. Checking all approx. 60 pages of help topic would take me too much time... If the answer was somewhere earlier, sorry. So, here goes whole problem.

WARNING! HEX!

I've seen the movie with red Gyarados in Shiny Gold (btw. good luck Zel at finising it!), and I would like to know - how looks the script of this battle, but... in hex. Yeah, not Rubikon, but hex.

Mine looks like this:

6A 5A B6 99 01 46 00 30 A1 99 01 02 00 28 28 00 C5 29 00 04 B7 53 02 00 6C 02

Result: youtube.com/watch?v=SX2fCo_Va0c (just copy it, I'm not able to put links into posts yet)

Now, analyzing my script...
6A 5A - stops all sprites on the map, turns the sprite of the wild pokemon to the player
B6 - wild pokemon battle command
99 01 - hex number of a pokemon
46 - level (in dec is 70)
00 - item, which the wild pokemon is holding (here - nothing)
next 99 01 - sound of a pokemon (the same hex number as pokemon)
00 04 - flag
02 00 - number of a sprite on the map - this sprite will disappear after the battle
6C 02 - end of the script.
Rest is unknown for me, but without it the script would not work.

So, any ideas? Thank you in advance for help.

[EDIT]

Hah, I knew I forgot something ^^" Hacked version: RUBY.

Last edited:
Years
With ScriptEd working i can finally make a script, which sadly doesnt work ;o;
overflow error, its late and i cant see any errors in it, can you guys? (it is saved as .rbc file and no spaces in name of Script and ROM, both in same folder)

Thanks,
Giovanni

EDIT: Thanks zel, how could i be so stupid to put a #raw instead of #org XD

Last edited:

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
Odds are this is a dumb question and has been answered more than once before, but looking through 47 pages for any help with this, isn't my idea of profitable time...

anyway... i can not for my life figure out how to get diamond cutter to work... I've tryed renaming scripted to rubikon and all other things, but no luck anywhere,

even redownloading it hasn't helped me...

if anyone can help me set it up so i can use it that would be great...

and one more question, what do raw commands in scripts do?

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2012
Hi I am hacking fire red but everytime I try to start it up and play it I get a white screen but not when I load a savestate. can anyone help me get rid of this problem?

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2012
i saved all my maps and scripts seperatly so i suppose restarting on a new rom won't take to long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back