• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Thanks Brane, that's really kind of you.
Update December 2nd 2011

First of all check out the new first post here. But that's not all, we have a website for the time being, it needs some polishing but it's a start! Check it out here.

Next up, I'd like to welcome WesleyFG, the creator of the hack Pokemon: Light Platinum, to the team! He is now one of our top pixel artists and I couldn't be happier to bring him onto the team.

Tomorrow I should be posting new screens, and showing you more of the graphical update, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Wow Gav, this has really progressed :D !

Everything seems to have a professional standard, and you are progressing steadily!
Keep at it :D !

Years
Wow... This game has really got my hyped :D
But you don't need another post from someone saying it's amazing because reading through the posts it's pretty obvious :P

Seriously though, This game is like the Skyrim for Pokémon <3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Update December 5th 2011

Sorry I'm late with the update, but I've been working on some new stuff. Got some screens for you guys. I revisited the start of the game and revamped the starter town as well as the second town.

Nocturne Town

Meet one of your rivals, Gavin.

Nocturne%201.png
Nocture2.gif
Nocturne%203.png
Nocturne2.png
Nocturne%204.png

Tranquillo Town
Tranquillo3.png
Tranquillo2.png

Tempostone Pass
Look who it is...
Tempostone%20Cave.png

Enjoy.

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I think it's set up well and has good graffics but I wish it had more story options. I think it would be more interesting if somewhere during the begging a grunt battles you and when you defeat it it says "Wow. You pretty good skills. Would you like to join our team?" and then it gives you a yes or no option and it changes the story if you join. You could even work up to become the leader! I saw a game with something like this but it was never finished and the creator left. I hope you use this idea because not everyone wants to use the same perspective!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I have choice determined gameplay. Nothing silly like working your way up to being a gym leader, that doesn't work in the real world of Pokemon games.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I have nothing "constructive" to add. Those latest screenshots confirm for me that this game is in my handful of "must play" fan games.
I just have well wishes rather then comments.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Update December 5th 2011

Sorry I'm late with the update, but I've been working on some new stuff. Got some screens for you guys. I revisited the start of the game and revamped the starter town as well as the second town.

Nocturne Town

Meet one of your rivals, Gavin.

Nocturne%201.png
Nocture2.gif
Nocturne%203.png
Nocturne2.png
Nocturne%204.png

Tranquillo Town
Tranquillo3.png
Tranquillo2.png

Tempostone Pass
Look who it is...
Tempostone%20Cave.png

Enjoy.

Very nice screens who makes your tiles?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Thanks Neo.
@KC - You could have checked the first post, but me and the pixel artists on my team.

Atomic Reactor

"Field" is misspelled in the second to last picture.

Field? No... that's how you spell it, lol. He got it right.

Beautiful screenshots man. The water in that fountain doesn't really look like it's flowing though... is it just because it's a gif?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Yeah, the .gif isn't perfect. It's a slightly inaccurate representation of how it looks in game. Since the water has more frames than the fountain it just ended up being uneven.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Hey the game looks great! The best feature is the animated tiling of the map. It makes it more realistic and lively, rather than still and stagnant. I love the color, it has some nice saturation levels so it not too colorful, nor bland - it appears to be smooth and natural. The buildings and shadows are also excellent.

I only have one concern. As you may have read from other posts, the starters are a bit off. First off, it may just be me, but I think that it is more engaging to have a starter that evolves twice, rather than once. Also, the pokemon selected are not that popular, I for one am not fond of any of them. Lastly, other people have voiced their concerns about the starters, and I think it is smartest to heed those concerns rather than defend the choice of the starters selected; I don't think one person has posted that they liked them. I think that the game would have a much more success if the starters were changed. Again, I am not trying to sound negative, I just want you to have the best reviews for your hard work once you guys are finished.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I only have one concern. As you may have read from other posts, the starters are a bit off. First off, it may just be me, but I think that it is more engaging to have a starter that evolves twice, rather than once. Also, the pokemon selected are not that popular, I for one am not fond of any of them. Lastly, other people have voiced their concerns about the starters, and I think it is smartest to heed those concerns rather than defend the choice of the starters selected; I don't think one person has posted that they liked them. I think that the game would have a much more success if the starters were changed. Again, I am not trying to sound negative, I just want you to have the best reviews for your hard work once you guys are finished.
Every review on the starters so far has been completely irrelevant due to the fact that the type triangle does not come into play in the game. No one other than yourself has actually complained about the choices, that they dislike them.

I really don't see a decent alternative, because everyone likes different Pokemon, so it's subjective to taste. I personally like all of them. I didn't like any of the starters in DPP, or B&W. So I cannot please everyone. I don't think changing the starters is going to change the popularity of the game.

In saying this, I'm open to discussion on new starter choices. If anything props up that might be a better decision I'm happy to consider it strongly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back