• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
No problem. If I can (I mean 'If I know answer' ;)), I help.

Anyway I also have question. I used hfd (Idk what is full name this tool, I got it in tool pack...) to look for pokemon moves list but it show me some strange things - some pokemons don't have moves, some pokemon have strange moveset (like Nidoran[M]: Defense Curl, Slash, Swift, Sandstorm - it looks like Sandslash moveset).
Did you change place when moveset is located?
I haven't re-located the pointer table that tells where the movesets of the pokemon are located, so it's most likely the tool that is doing stuff wrong. A good editor would be able to locate the moves pokemon learn through that pointer table.

But anyways, I have re-located lots of stuff and for example, no trainer editor made for Gold/Silver can read the pokemon data of any trainer in the game. Hex editors and assemblers (hex editors are more newbie-friendly to use than these) are your best bet for checking what is edited and where...

And, I have an idea for event - I'll send it using PM (but I must write it correctly [I still have problem with English ^.^']).
Alrighty! If it sounds good, I'll think about building it in the game. I do have most stuff planned out already though.

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
so it's most likely the tool that is doing stuff wrong.
Well... I hadn't any idea, in original Gold/Silver rom this tool show it correctly.

(hex editors are more newbie-friendly to use than these) are your best bet for checking what is edited and where...
Hex editing make me insane xD.

Alrighty! If it sounds good, I'll think about building it in the game. I do have most stuff planned out already though.
Well, I wanted to do similar in my hack but now I'm fighting with map connection. I don't understand it now (well, I must watch your tutorials on YT, I think that it'll help me ;)). Or I'll just make my hack using Fire Red...

miksy91

Years
Well... I hadn't any idea, in original Gold/Silver rom this tool show it correctly.
I actually guessed that. The programmer of the tool didn't know much about hacking though if he didn't program the functionality to read the moveset learning datas through pointer tables. Most hackers edit parts of the pointer table anyhow.

Hex editing make me insane xD.

Well, I wanted to do similar in my hack but now I'm fighting with map connection. I don't understand it now (well, I must watch your tutorials on YT, I think that it'll help me ;)). Or I'll just make my hack using Fire Red...
Those tutorials I've uploaded aren't that newbie-friendly and if you want to understand what I talk about in them, you're going to have to experiment on your own as well. But if you do, you're definitely going to get the hang of hex editing, pointers, different memories and why those exist, scripting, assembly ("ASM"), and even more.
(And what comes to scripting, I don't get the point in even trying to learn to script before understanding how hex editing works. It's just so unnatural way to go for it even though people seem to do this a lot. That's also why I talk about scripting much later in the video series when the viewer has gotten hang of the "basics" first.)

I'd totally recommend watching them, but don't get discouraged if you can't keep up. The answers may lie (="are", not "bluff") just ahead.

Well, I got a little off-topic here. If you've questions, you can for example send me Visitor Message :)

crazy.devil

^^ just kidding
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
can anyone upload it for java mobile phone on mobile9.com or any other site????

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
Crazy.devil, you only need MeBoyBuilder to make it for java mobile phone. It's easy ;) (to do).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2013
I must say, this is a great hack - just about the only thing I disliked was the code in the warehouse bit. The whole thing seems... forced (why not just put it automatically in if we have it written down? or at least open the thing permanently).

Also, can anyone give me some hints on
Spoiler:

where is lost key which you need in greenwood ?
In the same place the person who needs it was.

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
Spoiler:
Welcome Lord Nerevar, Moon-and-Star... ;)

Anyway, here's hints
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I talked to the scientist about the code for the warehouse and he just says half of it and talks about forgetting a pattern or something

I looked in this thread and the code Miksy told someone here doesn't work for me. It just says wrong. Any help?

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
Tifaluv - the full code is in other place.
Spoiler:

miksy91

Years
finally found the mobile version.this hack rocks miksy.
Thanks!

I must say, this is a great hack - just about the only thing I disliked was the code in the warehouse bit. The whole thing seems... forced (why not just put it automatically in if we have it written down? or at least open the thing permanently).

Spoiler:

Anyway, here's hints
Spoiler:
What aka4794 said here is part true, and if I got what you meant, you've already managed to get inside the research center in Argent Warehouse. So Zapdos will be there once you've first "lead" it flying there.

Spoiler:

Also, I guess it could modify entering the password a little bit. For example, change Cancel option to "Auto" which would automatically input the password if you've "Code Paper" in your key item pocket. That wouldn't be cool though! But it would make several people happy :)

I'll see what to do about it, but I'll take your suggestion in notice.
By the way, cool to hear you liked it otherwise :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Thanks ;)

What aka4794 said here is part true, and if I got what you meant, you've already managed to get inside the research center in Argent Warehouse. So Zapdos will be there once you've first "lead" it flying there.
Yes, I should probably have mentioned I knew (from a video earlier in the thread) where I could catch him.

Spoiler:
D'oh! Now I feel stupid
Spoiler:

Also, I guess it could modify entering the password a little bit. For example, change Cancel option to "Auto" which would automatically input the password if you've "Code Paper" in your key item pocket. That wouldn't be cool though! But it would make several people happy :)
Well, putting it in once, isn't that bad - I guess I was more annoyed than a normal player since I came there looking for a certain pokemon a few times, thus entering it again and again became annoying.

Though probably less annoying than the amount of grinding required to do the King of the Sea quest (I don't think I'm going to do it this time around ;) )

By the way, cool to hear you liked it otherwise :)
Definately - the additions You've made to the gen II formula make it one of the most interesting things I've played.

One thing I forgot - is there anything we can do with the man in the Trading House? He certainly doesn't seem to accept the thing I bring him ;)

Years
Wow, Beta 4 of this master piece! This makes me want to finish my exams ASAP to start my summer holidays and play this. Congratulations on your progress and your scripting skills Misky, you're a truly amazing hacker.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Tifaluv - the full code is in other place.
Spoiler:
oh! ok then, glad to see I still didn't find the full code then. I thought I was just missing some obvious riddle

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
After doing the game over event in Granaldo Cave, I can no longer fly to anywhere except Granaldo City

Edit: Nevermind, that was because I was in East Suden. Silly me ignore this

How do you remove party members? I just did the "time limit" sidequest and now I need an empty party slot

Last edited:
Back