• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

That's just a problem of priority of superposition...
Go into tools=> Data basis => chipsets (dont know if the names are exactly the same since I use the french version), select your chipset and look for your bridge in it. Look if there is a superposition priority on it (*1, *2, ...), if yes, delete it.

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
That's just a problem of priority of superposition...
Go into tools=> Data basis => chipsets (dont know if the names are exactly the same since I use the french version), select your chipset and look for your bridge in it. Look if there is a superposition priority on it (*1, *2, ...), if yes, delete it.

if u look at the first post on this page (which is mine i had a didfferent problem) partyghoul suggested to change priority so i did now i have this problem but the old problem is fixed.

Years
if u look at the first post on this page (which is mine i had a didfferent problem) partyghoul suggested to change priority so i did now i have this problem but the old problem is fixed.

Yes I've looked and that's exactly what I'm saying. This problem can only come from a superposition problem. Show us a screenshot of your chipset with the superpositions.

crzyone9584

Years
Yes I've looked and that's exactly what I'm saying. This problem can only come from a superposition problem. Show us a screenshot of your chipset with the superpositions.

its the default tileset with the bridge going from no superposition nothing to *2 thats all i changed.

Years
its the default tileset with the bridge going from no superposition nothing to *2 thats all i changed.

Uh, sorry, but you have just been saying that you've changed it to *2 and it must have no superposition... If it's 2, the player is then under the bridge like here...

crzyone9584

Years
Uh, sorry, but you have just been saying that you've changed it to *2 and it must have no superposition... If it's 2, the player is then under the bridge like here...

exactly. i did what partyghoul said to change. i changed the priority to be higher than the ledge of the rocks.

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2022
When i was changing characters so there were 4 and changed the bgm and window i got this error while saving:

Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonEditor:1594:in `serializeConnectionData'
PokemonEditor:1592:in `each'
PokemonEditor:1592:in `serializeConnectionData'
PokemonEditor:1591:in `open'
PokemonEditor:1591:in `serializeConnectionData'
PokemonEditor:1974:in `pbMapScreenLoop'
PokemonEditor:1968:in `loop'
PokemonEditor:1983:in `pbMapScreenLoop'
PokemonEditor:1993:in `pbEditorScreen'
PokemonEditor:1990:in `pbCriticalCode'

Can someone help please?

Years
exactly. i did what partyghoul said to change. i changed the priority to be higher than the ledge of the rocks.

If you want it to be higher than the edge of the rocks, put this edge on the 2d layer of the map and the bridge on the 3rd, but don't change the superposition priorities to do it or you will have problems like you have now.

If you do like I've just said, it should solve your problem.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
When i was changing characters so there were 4 and changed the bgm and window i got this error while saving:

Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonEditor:1594:in `serializeConnectionData'
PokemonEditor:1592:in `each'
PokemonEditor:1592:in `serializeConnectionData'
PokemonEditor:1591:in `open'
PokemonEditor:1591:in `serializeConnectionData'
PokemonEditor:1974:in `pbMapScreenLoop'
PokemonEditor:1968:in `loop'
PokemonEditor:1983:in `pbMapScreenLoop'
PokemonEditor:1993:in `pbEditorScreen'
PokemonEditor:1990:in `pbCriticalCode'

Can someone help please?

From what I can see the connection data doesn't work any more..
Did you change the Connection.txt file?
And if not what maps did you delete?

PoKéMaKeR

crzyone9584

Years
If you want it to be higher than the edge of the rocks, put this edge on the 2d layer of the map and the bridge on the 3rd, but don't change the superposition priorities to do it or you will have problems like you have now.

If you do like I've just said, it should solve your problem.

as stated a few posts after my first the cliff is on the second and the bridge is on the thrid. thats where party ghoul said to try the priority.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
as stated a few posts after my first the cliff is on the second and the bridge is on the thrid. thats where party ghoul said to try the priority.
so the bridge is on the third layer, the cliff is on the second and both their priorities are zero? is so then you shouldn't be having a problem

crzyone9584

Years
so the bridge is on the third layer, the cliff is on the second and both their priorities are zero? is so then you shouldn't be having a problem

no the default for the cliff that is on the bottom is *1 which is like the back of the house or a building do u go behind it. then the bridge orginally didnt have any priority. so i got the issue i had on the page before this one.

EDIT- i finally got it to work. So no worries. thanks for all the thoughts to get it to work.

Last edited:

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
Years
Well delyemerald2, I think I know what your problem is. You should not have deleted the map named "intro". add that back to your project and edit the event to your likings. You could also try deleting all the code in your connections.txt File.

Also I believe changing Party Members is an Event Command that has no effect with this starterkit.

I also wanna give a Shoutout to Poccil and Flamguru, AUESOME STARTER KIT. I've been working on a project and it's coming along great ! I might make thread about it later.

PEACE OUT

crzyone9584

Years
could someone go into detail or even post their code for the side way up the cliffs. i tried what the notes say but it just hits the cliff wall and does nothing other than the beeping sound of being blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back