• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
@Maruno: Well, I can't figure out which part of the script control the sprite to slide out of the window. If possible, please, point it out for me. Thanks a lot!

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
Hey guys, i´m spanish so sorry for my English.
I´m developing a Pokémon project but when better i had, it going and I get this error:

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NameError

PokemonMap:574:in `mapInRangeById?'

PokemonMap:847:in `setMapsInRange'

PokemonMap:842:in `each'

PokemonMap:842:in `setMapsInRange'

Resolution_:13:in `display_x='

Game_Map_:50:in `setup'

PokemonMap:643:in `setup'

Scene_Map:214:in `transfer_player'

Scene_Map:107:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
Aceptar

I don´t know cause of this error, I tried to modify some scripts, but as I don´t know much about scripting it worse more.
This error appears only when I go from one map to another.
If I put this message here because I think in this community are serious and professional people who are familiar with the maker.
Please if anyone knows the origin of this problem to help me I don´t know what to do.
Thanks

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2009
I've learned you can add and edit existing pokemon, but how do you remove a pokemon from the game? I think I should delete all the files involving that pokemon, but I may mess it up.​

I think the wrong thing are the red arrows, you know, the ones that moves... the "AnimatedBitmap"
I think this is because you have no items in your bag. This happens to me all the time. get at least one item, save it, and it should fix ur problem.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
@Maruno: Well, I can't figure out which part of the script control the sprite to slide out of the window. If possible, please, point it out for me. Thanks a lot!
PokeBattle_ActualScene, class TrainerFadeAnimation, lines 980-981 (for opponent).

PokeBattle_ActualScene, class PlayerFadeAnimation, lines 1040/1042 (for player).

Note that these also dictate what happens during a double battle. You'll want to edit several things in these classes significantly so that the trainers in double battles stand at the sides the way you want them to (presumably closer together than when they first appear in the battle, because they're being squashed off by the pokémon).

Note also that the trainer sprites are erased when they go off screen (as I thought they might be). I imagine quoting out the "if" statement beginning at line 1820 (see below) would go some way to fixing that.

Code:
  if @showingplayer
   @showingplayer=false
   pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"player")
   pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"partybase2")
   for i in 0...6
    pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"player#{i}")
   end
  end

I've learned you can add and edit existing pokemon, but how do you remove a pokemon from the game? I think I should delete all the files involving that pokemon, but I may mess it up.​

The PBS file pokemon.txt contains all the pokémon in the game. Delete whichever ones you want, then renumber the remaining ones so that there aren't any missing numbers, and rename/delete the corresponding sprites/icons/cries files to match. That should do it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2019
NetServer

Can anybody tell me if there is a way to get the game working online without having to run the NetServer.exe?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
Hello everyone, I am Ziebart, and I am making a Pokemon Game. I have downloaded this starter kit, but it is in 3rd Gen style. I was wondering when and if you were going to upgrade to 4th Gen, and/or the dual-screen system?

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2009
um i need help with this i hav some errors and im a beginer :P...

when i test play i get to the title screne but when i try to new game all these errors come up :

Exception:NoMethodError
Audio:136:in 'Audio_bgm_play'
Audio:303:in 'bgm_pay'
Game_Sytem:37:in 'aduioBgmPlay'
Game_Sytem:58:in 'bgm_play_ex'
Game_Sytem:71:in 'bgm_play'
intrpreter:1486:in 'comand_241'
intrpreter:in 'execute_command'
intrpreter:190"in 'update'
intrpreter:104:in 'loop'
intrpreter:195:in 'update'

-----------------------------------------------------

can some one help mme pz.. i didn't do anything to the game...)';

all help is a priceated :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2023
Okay, I guess cancel my request for a hint in the coding area. I finally was able make Castform change forms in battle after adding and/or changing code in PokeBattle_Battler, PokeBattle_ActualScene and PokemonUttilities. However, I am pretty sure someone else could have done better at coding. All it does is a update the sprite no fancy transition.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Ok guys, i didn't want to ask any more questions here but i have one more. You'll see, I'm making my own move effects and I got this error:

Code:
Pokémon Topaz Gem
Exception: NameError
Message: (eval):1:in `pbFromPBMove'uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Move::PokeBattle_Move_115

PokeBattle_Move:888:in `pbFromPBMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:204:in `eval'
PokeBattle_Move:888:in `pbFromPBMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:204:in `pbInitPokemon'
PokeBattle_Battler:396:in `pbInitialize'
PokeBattle_Battle:707:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:563:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:485:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:484:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:486:in `pbWildBattle'

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
Ok  

So, this thing is telling me that I didn't initialize the constant PokeBattle_Move::PokeBattle_Move_115.
I added it to the move effects sript and also on the AI, but it still tells me that this is wrong, so how can I initialize that constant?

This move is suposed to call a Fog weather... yes ALL the Fog weather lines are already on the scripts, I have also an ability named "Foggy Sky" that allows you to call it, like Drizzle calls Rain, but I wanna call it from a move named "Fog Rise" too, and the index 115 is suposed to be the next after the 114(Charge Beam's effect).

Buffalo

Ruler Of All
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2009
i need help with rpg maker xp

When i tried to start my pokemon game it comes up with this
Exception: NoMethodError
Audio:136:in `Audio_bgm_play'
Audio:303:in `bgm_play'
Game_System:37:in `audioBgmPlay'
Game_System:58:in `bgm_play_ex'
Game_System:71:in `bgm_play'
Interpreter:1486:in `command_241'
Interpreter:414:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'

Please Helpppppp

Years
To Buffalo and Kuubara23: You can get the latest Pokémon Essentials starter kit working by removing the "Audio.dll" file from inside the main folder. I don't know why... And unfortunately, that doesn't get the "Editor.exe" working (At least, it's not working for me - I don't know about you guys).

Here's a little question from me, just for balance: Anybody know how to make the "Exit" option in the PokemonMenu (The menu that pops up when you press "X" when in the main game) close the game and return to the desktop? Usually I'd use $scene=nil but that doesn't seem to want to work here...

Anyhoo, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
To Buffalo and Kuubara23: You can get the latest Pokémon Essentials starter kit working by removing the "Audio.dll" file from inside the main folder. I don't know why... And unfortunately, that doesn't get the "Editor.exe" working (At least, it's not working for me - I don't know about you guys).

Here's a little question from me, just for balance: Anybody know how to make the "Exit" option in the PokemonMenu (The menu that pops up when you press "X" when in the main game) close the game and return to the desktop? Usually I'd use $scene=nil but that doesn't seem to want to work here...

Anyhoo, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Usually having "exit" or "exit!" in your script closes Game.exe

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
I have a problem, whenever I lose a battle, the game sends me to the map Test map 2 because of the switch "starting over", how can I change the location in which I appear?

I have a problem, whenever I lose a battle when testing the game, the game sends me to the map Test map 2 because of the switch "Starting Over", my question is, how to change the place in which the game teleports you when losing a battle?

(I repeat the question because I realize it was easier to understand the second one than the first one)

Last edited:
Years
Alexandre: Ah, works like a charm! I'm both highly grateful to you and slightly embarrassed at the ease of the solution. Thanks!

DarkDragonn:
From the notes.html that Poccil provides with the game, I find this:
The point where the player goes after losing a battle depends on the last Pokémon Center visited. If no such Pokémon Center was visited, the player goes to the point defined in the metadata setting called "Home" (set it in the editor, under "Set Metadata", then "Global").

Though this approach is rarely necessary, you can also change the position within an event, by putting a Script event command consisting of the text "Kernel.pbSetPokemonCenter" within that event, which sets it to the player's current position. If you use this approach, there must be another event page on that event with an Autorun trigger and the condition "Switch '0005: Starting Over' is ON". That event page must heal all Pokémon (use the event command "Recover All: Entire Party") and set the switch '0005: Starting Over' to OFF. For an example, see the event for any Pokémon Center receptionist.
I would guess that you're being sent to Test Map 2 because you haven't yet visited a Pokémon Center. Not sure if that's true or not, but it seems to answer your difficulties.

Hope that solves your problem.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
Alexandre: Ah, works like a charm! I'm both highly grateful to you and slightly embarrassed at the ease of the solution. Thanks!

DarkDragonn: From the notes.html that Poccil provides with the game, I find this:
I would guess that you're being sent to Test Map 2 because you haven't yet visited a Pokémon Center. Not sure if that's true or not, but it seems to answer your difficulties.

Hope that solves your problem.

Thanks for the advice, it really helped

Buffalo

Ruler Of All
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2009
To Buffalo and Kuubara23: You can get the latest Pokémon Essentials starter kit working by removing the "Audio.dll" file from inside the main folder. I don't know why... And unfortunately, that doesn't get the "Editor.exe" working (At least, it's not working for me - I don't know about you guys).]

thanks man yeah my editor doesnt work dont know why

does anyone know how to get the editor to work for pokemon essentials it comes up with this

script ' RTPAndRegistry' line 423: syntaxerror occured

Last edited:

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
Years
I've got the editor working!!

What you need to do is:

Copy Scripts.rxdata in the Data folder

Delete the original Scripts.rxdata

Rename EditorScripts.rxdata to Scripts.rxdata

Open up your project in RMXP

Press F11 to open the script editor

Go to RTPAndRegistry

Press CTRL+G and type in 423

At line 423 type in end

Save and exit RMXP

Rename Scripts.rxdata back to Editor.rxdata

Rename Copy of Scripts.rxdata back to Script.rxdata

And load up your Editor XD

Years
DarkDragonn: You're welcome - good luck in your project!

OblivionMew: Outstanding! Just tried your method myself, and it works perfectly! To beat the rush, I think I'll start building a shrine to you now - before everyone starts doing it and it becomes "cool" ;)

Seriously, thanks a lot. I never would have figured that out myself.

Makes you wonder if Poccil ever actually tests his stuff before releasing it, though, doesn't it? How does the fact that neither your game nor your editor actually work pass you by?

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
Years
Poccil is a great coder and i really wouldn't doubt his methods...

Im sure it was just typo on his part, no one is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back