• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you looking forward to Detective Pikachu?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The game will launch later this month! The question is though: Will you be buying it and are you actually looking forward to it? What are your thoughts so far from the trailers?

Years
I actually am! Will be buying this game when it's out. Pikachu is deathly cute and I've always found the game idea awesome. Besides, my 3DS could get some more use .....

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Yes!!!

My 3DS in JP so I picked up the first episode of Detective Pikachu when it came out two years ago. And then it ended on a cliffhanger. And I've been waiting two whole years to find out what happens next. T_T I'm so excited.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oooooh, I do have credit at my local game store... I might just get Detective Pikachu. Hmm!

Aside from his voice sounding like a 30-year-old man, it looks fun.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
At first I haven't been paying too much attention to Detective Pikachu, but after watching the trailers just now, it looks super interesting!! *o* Also helps that it gives me slight Ace Attorney vibes, which I am a pretty big fan of, haha. I'll definitely consider picking this game up in the future! :D

blue

gucci
Years
Not really, it just doesn't seem like my type of game. The trailer looks decent but I don't think I'd end up playing it much if I did buy it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I have seen the trailer yet but they already had me when they decided to make Pikachu a Detective hahah. I'm definitely looking forward to it and I hope that it's worth it.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Looking foward the game? No. I won't buy it, I don't play any Pokemon spin-off games actually. But I love that Pikachu. Detective Pikachu and his coffee is my spirit Pokemon.

Meadow

Years
Whoa, I can't believe there's only a day left until this gets released! Time sure flies, huh? :o

I'm hoping to check out a playthrough just to get a feel of things first, since I won't be able to buy the game just yet. Still hyped, though! ^^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh woah! Time has flown. Defo can't afford it this month so maybe after 15th next month we will see!

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Just beat it! I have to say this we the most charming and witty spin-off I've ever played in the Pokemon series. If you like games with puzzles, and are a fan of intricate storylines, you will enjoy it. Now I'm trying to wrap my head around the ending.

Meadow

Years
Just beat it! I have to say this we the most charming and witty spin-off I've ever played in the Pokemon series. If you like games with puzzles, and are a fan of intricate storylines, you will enjoy it. Now I'm trying to wrap my head around the ending.

Oh nice, I'm impressed at how quickly you pulled it off! Glad to hear there's some depth to the story—I really need to check it out sometime! :D

Digital Waffle

57 61 66 66 6C 65
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 18, 2018
I must admit that I hadn't even heard about this game until I saw this thread but as a huge fan of Ace Attorney I'm very intrigued about this game. I don't know when I'll have the chance to play but it's definitely earned a spot in my wishlist.

Back