• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Is my Pokemon White team good?

Noctis

Finally back after some family problems
Years
This is the team I was thinking for pokemon white:
Emboar
Conkeldurr
Carracosta
Krookodile
Swoobat
Zebstrika
Any suggestions for movesets would be nice.

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
That's a pretty sweet team and you covered yourself pretty well!

I tend to go about my teams a bit different than most people, so someone else may be more suitable to answer this.

But when I apply level up or TM/HM moves on my teammates (thinking of them as a whole), usually also take into consideration if the worse thing was to arise... Like if ingame opponent's 1st poke is one that's completely strong against yours.

Emboar with level up heat crash does very well. I also like using Emboar with moves roar & arm thrust. Because your team does have good balance, you can focus on it being soley used for fire & fighting... not worrying so much about things like having TM wild charge or scald on it.

Conkeldurr with tm poison jab & hm strength is a personal favorite of mine. Also the best candidate for tm brick break. Low kick also does very well on it.

Carracosta i prefer with aqua jet (when a desperate situation demands for speed) & rollout. Because it's stats are more aimed towards physical attack, it's something you need to keep in mind when it comes to which water moves you primarily have on it.

Krookodile is a good & stealthy physical attacker. Eventually having level up crunch & earthquake will do wonders for it. As for other moves, that's really a toss up... Dig is always nice for caves, your best candidate for hm cut, or you could use this one to cover bases you missed using slots for tm moves like dragon claw or shadow claw.

Swoobat will obviously end up being your hm flyer. Beyond eventually having psychic, I would also put tm energy ball on it (in the case of dual water/ground type like seismitoad). Despite it primarily being a special attacker, i put u-turn on it also.

Zebstrika with level up flame charge is great, adding on top of it's already decent speed. I put tm volt switch on mine also.

Last edited:
Years
I like your team. I think it can work really well. Emboar, Zebstrika and Carracosta are weak against Ground-Types, so be aware of that. But you have Swoobat to take care of that. One of the problems could be Marshal of the Elite Four, because all of his Pokémon have Rock-Type move and are fast, so there is a possibility that Swoobat will get KO'd in it. Other that that, I think you should be okay.

Years
Overall, nice team. I woulda preferred a Flying Pokémon that could make a better use of HM Fly like Unfezant, Braviary or Mandibuzz.

Emboar: Brick Break / Hammer Arm - Flamethrower / Overheat - Head Smash (prevent Pignite from evolving to learn it earlier) - Heat Crash / Flare Blitz
Conkeldurr: Bulk Up - Drain Punch - Rock Slide / Stone Edge - Ice Punch
Carracosta: Curse / Shell Smash - Aqua Jet / Waterfall - Rock Slide / Stone Edge - Bite / Crunch
Krookodile: Bite / Crunch - Bulldoze / Earthquake - Stone Edge - Hone Claws / Dragon Claw / Outrage
Swoobat: Calm Mind / Charge Beam - Psychic - Air Slash - Roost / U-turn / Energy Ball
Zebstrika: Wild Charge - Discharge / Volt Switch - Flame Charge / Overheat - Return / Bounce

Last edited:
Back