• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Crystal Clear 2016 [NOT THE OPEN WORLD HACK!]

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 22, 2023
Could you provide a list of some sort where i could see which pokemon now have different typings and what the typings are?

Edit: Also what do you do with the gs ball? Kurt doesnt say anything after you find it like one would think since thats what is supposed to happen. Did you mess up something or did you change what you must do with the GS Ball?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 2, 2021
Could you provide a list of some sort where i could see which pokemon now have different typings and what the typings are?

Edit: Also what do you do with the gs ball? Kurt doesnt say anything after you find it like one would think since thats what is supposed to happen. Did you mess up something or did you change what you must do with the GS Ball?

sorry for the late reply!

1) the pokedex should have that functionality.
2) looks like the gs ball only works on japanese versions of the game! i've updated the game so you can catch celebi.

a lot of changes have happened since i last updated the game (1.2 to 1.5). here's the patch note list:

V 1.2 Patch Notes
Changed some wild encounters on routes
Fixed Blade Flurry's description and animation
Your mom actually believes you when you say you know how to use the Pokegear
Fixed Charmander and Squirtle's Pokeballs not being removed when you choose them

V 1.3 Patch Notes
Fixed Dark searching for Ghost types in the Pokedex and vice versa
Fixed Bulbasaur's Pokeball not being removed when you chose it
Added moves to Magnemite's level up pool
Shuckle is restored to its previous glory

V 1.4 Patch Notes
Rebalanced several Pokemon
Changed several Pokemon wild locations to make them more accessible
Updated localization files

V 1.5 Patch Notes
Rebalanced several Pokemon
Changed several Pokemon wild locations to make them more accessible
Gave nearly all wild Pokemon held items
Added several new items
Fixed Graveler having the wrong type
Fixed a bug in the original Crystal game where Poisoned, Burned, and Paralyzed Pokemon weren't easier to catch
Fixed a bug where Celebi couldn't be caught - it's now located in a certain forest...
Fixed a bug where an encounter in Lavender Town would crash your game (Thanks, Xamad!)

the download link in the op is updated; you should be able to load your old save file onto the new ROM no problem, although i'd suggest exiting and entering the room your character is currently in just to avoid any unchanged pointers. thanks and have fun!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 2, 2021
sorry to patch it again so soon, but i was notified of a pretty big bug that's now been fixed.

V 1.6 Patch Notes
Fixed Ivysaur having Dragonair's cry (Thanks, Xamad!)
Fixed Ghost and Dark type moves behaving physically and specially, respectively, in some instances (Thanks, GastricTank!)
Fixed the rival having his original team in later battles (Thanks, Xamad!)
Rebalanced and retyped several moves

again - the download link in the op is updated; you should be able to load your old save file onto the new ROM no problem, although i'd suggest exiting and entering the room your character is currently in just to avoid any unchanged pointers. thanks and have fun!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 11, 2018
do the dvs of pokemon are fixed?
I got S.Charmander as my starter Pokemon but not that lucky cuz it has 0 hp on his dps,is there any posible like train/items/etc. just to make it up to max"15" ? 0hp, 6atk, 10def, 10spe, 10spc
thanks!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Just so everyone knows, this isn't the hack everyone is talking about. Google "shockslayer crystal clear". Not saying that this one is bad or anything though; might even be better.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Ok Im playing the game proper now after figuring out I was using the wrong emulator. But I wish there was more documentation on what moves are in the game and what pokemon can learn them. I would love a Feraligatr with Dragon Dance if at all possible. Also can Venusaur learn Earthquake and Sludge Bomb in this? Venusaur couldnt do either in vanilla crystal.

I had a wierd bugg occur. I tried breeding a bulbasaur for better IVs and it gave me a nidoran instead. Please fix this

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 7, 2023
Hey, i have a simple question, where can i find oddish? i have been looking for hours now.
thanks in advance.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
yeah found out that Venusaur cant learn sludgebomb in this, such a shame...I hoped Venusaur benefitted from a new movepool.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
How does Tyrouge evolve in this hack? I've been trying to complete my Pokedex, and I have no idea how to evolve Tyrouge. I hope I may get a response soon.

Years
This game is awesome, I really like the Openworld-Concept.

Could you please update and send me the link to the file, on which you can see the catch location for each Pokemon?

I also wonder how you obtain the HMs? Could you please tell me where to obtain them and after which badge you get which HM?

Thanks.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
This game is awesome, I really like the Openworld-Concept.

Could you please update and send me the link to the file, on which you can see the catch location for each Pokemon?

I also wonder how you obtain the HMs? Could you please tell me where to obtain them and after which badge you get which HM?

Thanks.
I think you're confusing this hack with BitBuild's open world version of Pokemon Crystal. They share the same name, which is a coincidence.

Either way, I liked this one too, and you should give it a shot as well.

Years
I think you're confusing this hack with BitBuild's open world version of Pokemon Crystal. They share the same name, which is a coincidence.

Either way, I liked this one too, and you should give it a shot as well.

No, I have the one from ShockSlayer at v1.3b, as this was already patched. The version from the Youtuber PikaSpray (from which I randomly got knowledge of the Romhack) is also from ShockSlayer, but maybe at a more recent version.

Eitherway, I want to know, where to catch certain Pokemon for my team and where exactly to obtain the HMs (can't wait to get Surf and Fly :) ).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
No, I have the one from ShockSlayer at v1.3b, as this was already patched. The version from the Youtuber PikaSpray (from which I randomly got knowledge of the Romhack) is also from ShockSlayer, but maybe at a more recent version.

Eitherway, I want to know, where to catch certain Pokemon for my team and where exactly to obtain the HMs (can't wait to get Surf and Fly :) ).
When I said the BitBuild version, I did mean the one from ShockSlayer. And this is not the ShockSlayer hack. As I said before, this is a different hack with the same name, created by a different person.

Years
When I said the BitBuild version, I did mean the one from ShockSlayer. And this is not the ShockSlayer hack. As I said before, this is a different hack with the same name, created by a different person.

Ok thanks, didn't knew that BitBuild and ShockSlayer are the same.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Wait i thought Pokemon crystal clear gets us to chose one of 4 trainers: Red, Gold, Blue (american Green) and Kris and it's open world, the hack you hosted doesn't have that, what gives?

Last edited:
Back