The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #7826    
Old January 15th, 2009 (12:26 AM).
Ark_Silvanos's Avatar
Ark_Silvanos Ark_Silvanos is offline
     
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Texas
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 150
    aight....so i decided i wanted to hack....then decided to start with hacking ruby.....so then i started reading some tutorials on changing the region map.....only problem is.......the only tutorial i found for Ruby was only editing the existing map....not creating a new 1....

    Then i found another tutorial for hacking the region in fr/lg(by haefele i think.....).....so anyway.......i was gonna follow a similar approach for ruby.....but then i reached the end part where u gotta change the pointer in a hex editor.....thing is......i dunno what the hex code for the region map pointer is.....i mean.....the author gave the pointers for the region maps in FR/LG......so after searching very hard.....i decided to ask here.......does any1 know what i'm supposed to be changing??????

    [TUT]Hacking the worldmap in Fr/Lg(this is the tutorial i'm talking bout.....)(i would put a link....but apparently i'm 13 posts short..........)

    Relevant Advertising!

      #7827    
    Old January 15th, 2009 (1:52 AM).
    12345's Avatar
    12345 12345 is offline
    Sky
       
      Join Date: Aug 2007
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 410
      I change world map ruby with A-Map but it doesn't work in Fly Map.
      Help me.
        #7828    
      Old January 15th, 2009 (4:47 AM).
      TB Pro's Avatar
      TB Pro TB Pro is offline
      Old-timer
         
        Join Date: Nov 2004
        Location: Midwestern USA
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 2,739
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
        I'm not a junkie. :( I just need to script every day, otherwise I have withdrawal. :\

        Anyway...

        0x47 = Jump Facing Down (Up)

        That's what you want, I think.

        EDIT: This is for FireRed by the way.
        I actually wanted the opposite of that. I want him to face up, then jump back. Thanks though.
        __________________
        --I'm a creepin'..
          #7829    
        Old January 15th, 2009 (5:15 AM).
        Ark_Silvanos's Avatar
        Ark_Silvanos Ark_Silvanos is offline
           
          Join Date: Jan 2009
          Location: Texas
          Age: 26
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 150
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
          I change world map ruby with A-Map but it doesn't work in Fly Map.
          Help me.

          huh? I thought A-Map couldn't change how the world map looked....just the data?
            #7830    
          Old January 15th, 2009 (5:31 AM).
          TB Pro's Avatar
          TB Pro TB Pro is offline
          Old-timer
             
            Join Date: Nov 2004
            Location: Midwestern USA
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 2,739
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ark_Silvanos View Post
            huh? I thought A-Map couldn't change how the world map looked....just the data?
            That's right, you have to edit the World map appearance in a program like Cyclone, a tilemap editor.
            __________________
            --I'm a creepin'..
              #7831    
            Old January 15th, 2009 (5:36 AM).
            Andryandrew Andryandrew is offline
            Italian Asm Hacker
               
              Join Date: Mar 2007
              Age: 24
              Gender:
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 117
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ark_Silvanos View Post
              aight....so i decided i wanted to hack....then decided to start with hacking ruby.....so then i started reading some tutorials on changing the region map.....only problem is.......the only tutorial i found for Ruby was only editing the existing map....not creating a new 1....

              Then i found another tutorial for hacking the region in fr/lg(by haefele i think.....).....so anyway.......i was gonna follow a similar approach for ruby.....but then i reached the end part where u gotta change the pointer in a hex editor.....thing is......i dunno what the hex code for the region map pointer is.....i mean.....the author gave the pointers for the region maps in FR/LG......so after searching very hard.....i decided to ask here.......does any1 know what i'm supposed to be changing??????

              [TUT]Hacking the worldmap in Fr/Lg(this is the tutorial i'm talking bout.....)(i would put a link....but apparently i'm 13 posts short..........)
              Ruby is completely different from Fire Red... and it's impossible to create a new map in ruby with traditionals method (I think with ASM it is "possible", but very very difficult). So you have to follow tutorials for Ruby.
              __________________

              Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian :embarrass
              Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
              I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

              Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE
                #7832    
              Old January 15th, 2009 (5:44 AM).
              0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
              0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
              Im comin' home...
               
              Join Date: Jan 2008
              Location: Superjail Penitentiary
              Age: 25
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Gentle
              Posts: 1,816
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Andryandrew View Post
              Ruby is completely different from Fire Red... and it's impossible to create a new map in ruby with traditionals method (I think with ASM it is "possible", but very very difficult). So you have to follow tutorials for Ruby.
              Actually, creating a worldmap in ruby is much easier than Fire Red, and simpler too.

              Simply Draw out your new map. (Being sure the map is of the same width and height as the origonal)
              Then make a tileset out of it conforming to the standard 4bpp format
              then load them into NTME, Cyclone, or PTC and put the map together like a puzzle.

              Then load the ROM into unLZgba and find the worldmap tles, and replace them with your own.
              Then find the World Map TileMap and do the same.

              That is to edit the appearance.
              Then load your game into Advance Map and open the World Map Data Editor, and change your map data according to your map's image, and Vioal! Magnifico! You are done!
              (Well, Aside from editing the pallet of colors that appear on your map... hehe.
              __________________
              >Boot Jailbot
              >Pass *****
              .
              .
              Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
              Greetings Warden
              of Superjail Penitentiary
              Awaiting user input...

              >Display User_Info
              ╠══User Info══╣
              Username:
              0m3GA ARS3NAL
              Age: 18
              Sex: Male ♂
              Race: Caucasian
              Quote:
              "What is this
              I don't even..."

              M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
              ╠══End of File══╣
              Awaiting user input...

              >
                #7833    
              Old January 15th, 2009 (6:01 AM).
              Andryandrew Andryandrew is offline
              Italian Asm Hacker
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2007
                Age: 24
                Gender:
                Nature: Timid
                Posts: 117
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
                Actually, creating a worldmap in ruby is much easier than Fire Red, and simpler too.

                Simply Draw out your new map. (Being sure the map is of the same width and height as the origonal)
                Then make a tileset out of it conforming to the standard 4bpp format
                then load them into NTME, Cyclone, or PTC and put the map together like a puzzle.

                Then load the ROM into unLZgba and find the worldmap tles, and replace them with your own.
                Then find the World Map TileMap and do the same.

                That is to edit the appearance.
                Then load your game into Advance Map and open the World Map Data Editor, and change your map data according to your map's image, and Vioal! Magnifico! You are done!
                (Well, Aside from editing the pallet of colors that appear on your map... hehe.
                Yes, you can MODIFY the worldMap, but you cannot create a NEW ONE (like Ark_Silvanos wanted to do)
                Quote:
                the only tutorial i found for Ruby was only editing the existing map....not creating a new 1....
                __________________

                Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian :embarrass
                Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
                I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

                Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE
                  #7834    
                Old January 15th, 2009 (8:06 AM).
                12345's Avatar
                12345 12345 is offline
                Sky
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2007
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 410
                  If i edit the world map of Ruby with A-Map, the world map when i fly (or in Pokenav) will have many glitches.
                    #7835    
                  Old January 15th, 2009 (8:07 AM).
                  amassenburg's Avatar
                  amassenburg amassenburg is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2008
                    Gender:
                    Posts: 34
                    oh where can i find the A-Battle tool?
                      #7836    
                    Old January 15th, 2009 (8:34 AM).
                    Andryandrew Andryandrew is offline
                    Italian Asm Hacker
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2007
                      Age: 24
                      Gender:
                      Nature: Timid
                      Posts: 117
                      HERE you can find the beta of A-Trainer
                      __________________

                      Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian :embarrass
                      Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
                      I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

                      Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE
                        #7837    
                      Old January 15th, 2009 (8:53 AM).
                      amassenburg's Avatar
                      amassenburg amassenburg is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2008
                        Gender:
                        Posts: 34
                        no i was wanting A-battle i heard it on another website but couldnt find it....is there such thing?
                          #7838    
                        Old January 15th, 2009 (9:38 AM).
                        Andryandrew Andryandrew is offline
                        Italian Asm Hacker
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2007
                          Age: 24
                          Gender:
                          Nature: Timid
                          Posts: 117
                          sorry, i didn't read well the post... xd
                          __________________

                          Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian :embarrass
                          Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
                          I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

                          Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE
                            #7839    
                          Old January 15th, 2009 (11:02 AM).
                          Ark_Silvanos's Avatar
                          Ark_Silvanos Ark_Silvanos is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2009
                            Location: Texas
                            Age: 26
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 150
                            @0m3GA ARS3NAL:- will it work with 4bpp format thing? in the other tutorials they say work with 8bpp format thing......oh well....i'll try it out both ways......(its gonna take a long time......)

                            If worst comes to worst.....i'll just use the defaut tile set thing and make a map....(it'll look kinda sloppy tho.....)
                              #7840    
                            Old January 15th, 2009 (11:19 AM). Edited January 15th, 2009 by Lukeyjohnno.
                            Lukeyjohnno's Avatar
                            Lukeyjohnno Lukeyjohnno is offline
                            Hacker-In-Training ;)
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2007
                              Gender:
                              Nature: Modest
                              Posts: 76
                              Okay, after previously asking for help with my ROM. I finally fixed the Riolu sprite. But there is no shiny paletee. Oh well.
                              But, now, does anyone have an Indexed Lucario and Backsprite sprite?
                              If so could you PM me?
                              Thanks.

                              EDIT: Also, how do you change the cries of pokemon?
                              __________________
                              Banner Created By Me :)

                              Hacks I Support
                              Spoiler:
                              My Hack

                                #7841    
                              Old January 15th, 2009 (12:08 PM).
                              DemonParia's Avatar
                              DemonParia DemonParia is offline
                              Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2008
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Quirky
                                Posts: 104
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by NeoNemesis View Post
                                I think you have to edit the tiles. I don't know exactly how, I have to find the offsets and stuff. Look at thethethethe's tutorial on grass animation it might explain a little bit more on editing animations like flowers, doors, etc.

                                Sorry if I upped your hopes up again lol.

                                Guess what? I already read the Grass Animation Tutorial. You know what it's about? Grass animation.
                                __________________
                                  #7842    
                                Old January 15th, 2009 (12:32 PM).
                                mushtool mushtool is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2009
                                  Gender:
                                  Posts: 3
                                  In the gba games, how do you edit the little sprites on the Pokemon menu?
                                  Please PM the answer if you can, thx
                                    #7843    
                                  Old January 15th, 2009 (12:36 PM).
                                  Andryandrew Andryandrew is offline
                                  Italian Asm Hacker
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2007
                                    Age: 24
                                    Gender:
                                    Nature: Timid
                                    Posts: 117
                                    you have to use Icon Editor
                                    __________________

                                    Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian :embarrass
                                    Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
                                    I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

                                    Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE
                                      #7844    
                                    Old January 15th, 2009 (12:43 PM).
                                    mushtool mushtool is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jan 2009
                                      Gender:
                                      Posts: 3
                                      Where can you find one of these?
                                        #7845    
                                      Old January 15th, 2009 (1:58 PM).
                                      Andryandrew Andryandrew is offline
                                      Italian Asm Hacker
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2007
                                        Age: 24
                                        Gender:
                                        Nature: Timid
                                        Posts: 117
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by mushtool View Post
                                        Where can you find one of these?
                                        HERE you can find Icon Editor... it's very simply to use
                                        __________________

                                        Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian :embarrass
                                        Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
                                        I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

                                        Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE
                                          #7846    
                                        Old January 15th, 2009 (9:22 PM).
                                        Darthatron's Avatar
                                        Darthatron Darthatron is offline
                                        巨大なトロール。
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jan 2006
                                        Location: Melbourne, Australia
                                        Age: 26
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Modest
                                        Posts: 1,152
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by iPro. View Post
                                        I actually wanted the opposite of that. I want him to face up, then jump back. Thanks though.
                                        As far as I know, that movement doesn't exist. :\
                                        __________________
                                        あなた は しきしゃ です
                                        わたし は ばか です
                                          #7847    
                                        Old January 15th, 2009 (10:42 PM).
                                        0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                                        0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                                        Im comin' home...
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jan 2008
                                        Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                                        Age: 25
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Gentle
                                        Posts: 1,816
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Ark_Silvanos View Post
                                        @0m3GA ARS3NAL:- will it work with 4bpp format thing? in the other tutorials they say work with 8bpp format thing......oh well....i'll try it out both ways......(its gonna take a long time......)

                                        If worst comes to worst.....i'll just use the defaut tile set thing and make a map....(it'll look kinda sloppy tho.....)
                                        Fire Red and Leaf Green use 8bpp Format, Ruby/Saphire (I think Emerald too) use 4bpp.
                                        __________________
                                        >Boot Jailbot
                                        >Pass *****
                                        .
                                        .
                                        Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                                        Greetings Warden
                                        of Superjail Penitentiary
                                        Awaiting user input...

                                        >Display User_Info
                                        ╠══User Info══╣
                                        Username:
                                        0m3GA ARS3NAL
                                        Age: 18
                                        Sex: Male ♂
                                        Race: Caucasian
                                        Quote:
                                        "What is this
                                        I don't even..."

                                        M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                                        ╠══End of File══╣
                                        Awaiting user input...

                                        >
                                          #7848    
                                        Old January 16th, 2009 (2:44 AM).
                                        Mortar's Avatar
                                        Mortar Mortar is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: May 2007
                                          Location: Europe
                                          Age: 25
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Adamant
                                          Posts: 136
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by demonparia View Post
                                          Guess what? I already read the Grass Animation Tutorial. You know what it's about? Grass animation.
                                          I think he meant that you should do the same but instead of doing it with grass, do it with the flowers.
                                            #7849    
                                          Old January 16th, 2009 (3:58 AM). Edited January 16th, 2009 by Ark_Silvanos.
                                          Ark_Silvanos's Avatar
                                          Ark_Silvanos Ark_Silvanos is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jan 2009
                                            Location: Texas
                                            Age: 26
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 150
                                            @0m3GA ARS3NAL (or @any1 really....):- do you know what the unlz-gba number for the tileset is? i know that ZodiacTheGreat said 136(1 lower than the tile map) but it doesn't work for me........(:( and i wanted to use the D&N thing in my rom so i don't wanna switch over to fire red.....(although i might....))


                                            edit:-......oh wait.....it is 136......still not working for me tho.........(1 more day then i'm switching over to fire red......)
                                              #7850    
                                            Old January 16th, 2009 (5:28 AM).
                                            JPAN JPAN is offline
                                            pokemon rom researcher
                                               
                                              Join Date: Dec 2008
                                              Posts: 104
                                              I have some questions

                                              first, does anyone know where the variables are stored in the game ROM/RAM? If not, does anyone know a command to access those variables in ASM?

                                              Second, do you know where the "Save" routine is started?

                                              Thanks in advance.
                                              Closed Thread

                                              Quick Reply

                                              Join the conversation!

                                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                              Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                              Sponsored Links
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:19 PM.