• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Help: Need help teaching surf

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 28, 2022
Hi, I'm new to these fourms and I'm currently still playing Pokémon Omega Ruby. In the middle of the story, I have to swim accross an ocean using surf. Since Azumaril is the only water type Pokemon I use, I wanted to teach it surf. I'm not sure what move to replace it with though, does anyone have any suggestions? The current moves are Aqua Tail, Play Rough, Aqua Ring, and Bubble Beam.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
bubblebeam tbh. does the same thing as surf but worse, you don't need both. aqau ring at least has a different and useful effect.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
bubblebeam tbh. does the same thing as surf but worse, you don't need both. aqau ring at least has a different and useful effect.

After thinking about it I guess getting rid of Bubblebeam would be be better since Aqua rings effect works no matter what while Bubblebeam lowering speed is low and does less.

Yeah nvm...

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Depends on whether you prefer complete and total offense (like myself xD ) or a more balanced set.

Surf is essentially a more powerful Bubblebeam in azumarill's case and since Azumarill is a physical attacker anyway, you aren't losing anything, only gaining by switching the two. Otherwise, you can replace Aqua Ring if you prefer to have more attacking moves (though three of them would be water type then).

Aqua Ring is nice, especially in azumarill's case. If you're able to pair it up with Belly Drum in-game, i highly recommend it. The recovery of health paired with decent bulk and ultra attack will be quite beneficial in certain matchups.

Back