• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most nostalgic experiences with pokemon

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
Years
I remember so many times when Pokemon was in my life, and how cheerful it was then. The nooby mistakes, the pride of beating the elite four for the first time, and then leveling up all my pokemon to 100? Man, those were some good times. What were some of the most nostalgic experiences in your life when you were playing pokemon?

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
i can remember when i started keeping my pokemon from game to game as opposed to erasing them every time i created a new save file; my entire team from my first run of SS (which would've been 2011) is still on my UM file today, and i have mons from one of my original platinum runs which would have been a little before that, too. so looking back on and using those pokemon in more modern games is extremely nostalgic for me since i've used them in every single main game since gen iv... :B they're like actual companions at this point, if i ever accidentally lost them somehow i think i'd cry aha

Years
Playing Pokemon with my friends and starting a new game every time in FireRed and LeafGreen. Both good and annoying times, haha.

Years
Why annoying though?

This is quite a long story!

I suppose to shorten it, my friends and I wouldn't make any substantial progress before one of us would get bored and then we would say to one another "hey... uh... do you want to start a new game?"

It's because we've started new games so many times in FireRed and LeafGreen that we never went significantly far because my friends and I always wanted to be near each other in progress and that never really happened with starting over so many times each time one of us was behind.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I couldn't beat the elite four the 2nd time in Leaf Green, so after enough tries, I gave up and just used Mewtwo.

Never something I would do anymore

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
-My old Pokemon Crystal game. IT WAS MAGICAL!
-My old Pokemon forum I had in 2004 which i sadly deleted cuz i was way too dramatic a teenager on there YEARS LATER....
-Honestly, Pokemon in 2004 was just a nostalgia binge for me IN GENERAL--not just relating to my forum :)
-The many daydreams i've had of my fake Pokemon series, named "Lolia" (man i love that name....;3)....around 2008-2009ish.
-Generally playing pokemon in 2011
-MY CRUSH ON KORRINA I'VE HAD BOTH THIS YEAR AND LAST YEAR and still have at the moment too~<3333 *sigh's happily*

These are the things from pokemon that make me squee the most memory wise :)

Oh, and, all the many many pokemon related DREAMS i've had countless nights. Those aren't coined down to any year in general---Pokemon has been a seriously common dream sign of mine since like age 10. Yep, the age people usually start being trainers in the games. Pokemon+Me=Meant to be. :D

Last edited:

TaviTurnip

Artist and Streamer | Also a turnip
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
May as well contribute to this minor necro, but, the most nostalgic thing for me was honestly just coming home with Pokémon Silver and opening it and sticking it in my Game Boy Pocket and just loving it. This was after having gotten Red a week after it released, and having Yellow when it released. The hype for Gen II was too real, and I remember everything about that first night I had Silver.

Years
The first pokemon game i played was yellow, but the most nostalgic to me is silver and crystal, gen 2 musics is the best for me. I still remember fascinated when the in game turn into nighttime when playing silver, and listening to the new bark town music.. playing hgss was a blast because of the nostalgia..

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I have a lot of memories playing GSC, like losing to Whitney and failing to catch a Heracross because my damn game was buggy. I also was in love with the animated crystal sprites.

Years
Getting Red as my first game, bought from a friend, it started it all off for me.
I'm really glad I skived school that day!

Last edited:

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
For me it was when I trained like over 20 pokemon to level 100 for my cousin (Leaf green), he showed me the game and I adored it. I asked If I could borrow it and give it a try. Ever since then ive been a huge pokemon fan. Aah il still never forget walking into a bush on his game and running into Entei, me having no idea it was a legendary, killing it. xD

Last edited:
Years
I have lots of good memories playing Pokemon Gold, especially once I got a link cable and could battle and trade with my cousins. The one that always sticks out to me is when my cousin and I got into a battle with our respective Lugia, and ended up getting into a loop of attacking and Recover, to the point that the battle never finished (either the link cable disconnected or one of our batteries died, can't remember which).

I also have some good memories about the TCG, and I even remember where I opened my first booster pack, and that the first card I pulled out of it was a Dewgong.

Years
I'm only 15, so I don't have as many memories as others. Still, l'll always remember the first time I played Pokemon X. I'm super scared of thunderstorms, and where I live, we have a lot of them. So one June day, a golf tournament I was supposed to play in was cancelled due to flooding. On the way home, my mom let me get a video game to calm me down from the thunder and lightning. I chose Pokemon X. When I got home, I literally played it for 6 hours straight, and made it all the way to Camphrier town. IDK why, but the calming music, small fountain, the (totally useless) castle all have a certain charm.

Oh, and bonus. It's weird what the Johto games' music can do.... I first played Silver when it was originally released on VC, yet the Azalea Town and Cianwood City themes made me feel like I was replaying the game for the first time in 15 years, even though I wasn't even that old at the time. It was a weird feeling of nostalgia that I shouldn't even have.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Leaf from FR/LG was the first Pokemon game protagonist I became a fan of. Seeing her character art made Leaf Green a must buy for me.

Of course, the game isn't half bad either - a fine combination of old and new that the remakes since have not been able to replicate. It's a game I've played over and over, and each time I'm reminded why it's one of my favorites.

Back