• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
It's great!
but the Pokemon could use some work
Tell me which of them need work, I dont know if you saw, but the pokemon that need revamping are marked with a red cross on the pokedex

Wooow. This looks amazing. I cant wait to play it.Good luck.
Thanks ^^. Sry to say that, but you will have to wait a bit before playing it xD.

The textures in the new tilesets are amazing. Although I much prefer them over the boring 2-D styles of third gen, some of them look a bit out of place. The grass (both regular and tall), seem a bit unprofessional compared to the other tiles. The tall grass almost looks flat, but the idea and effort are definitely there. The color of the ocean, I think would actually look better in a dark blue rather than the dark blue, if only because it matches poorly with the froth of the rocks.
I must say, however, the shadowing on the new sprite is refreshing.

The most interesting and constructive post since the last update. Well, actually i like the tall grass, but I (and Zephyr :3) will see what i can do to make them look even better. Well about the rock dont matching the sea color, we will probably edit the rock tile soon or later.

Oh wow, this has come along leaps and bounds dude. It looks fantastic with custom tiles (Y) And the new Eletruxo looks really good.

Its nice to hear this from you ^^. Your tiles are just awesome as well.

FINALLY MAN! Looks like my favorite pokamanz will be Eletruxo...Great job, and the tiles look good to. Keep up the good work. hmmm I think you should also fix up its starting evo too, but thats just me. ;)

I was thinking on the same thing, he deserves a revamp too ^^.

Thanks for the good comments guys, but next time try to make more construtive ones, they really help us improving the game! ALSO, YAY post 100!

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2009
oh my God! I really love this game but there is one thing I do not understand all the games
where they are unloaded in order to make them.
Regarding the hack pallets and tiles that I love besides being a game I love most
lucky!
PS: I am Spanish and I feel I have a level pretty bad.
PS 2: I say by private message as we've been able to make game?​

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years

Bump, Nya~

~JV~, like I said, amazing work. I'm flabbergasted on how my thred has gotten more posts then yours. I feel guilty :[ I hope you make some progress over christmas break! But don't make game developing take away from the holidays~ Cheers!

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years

~micro UPDATE~​

Well since there has been some time since the last post, I decided to make a small update so you can know how is going the game development. I will reveal a new pokemon and also show one in game screenshots.

~Screenshots

The first 2 are from Nowtoch City and the last one is on Kevlar Town.

dooq9s.png

(The subway inauguration day!)

2wobntf.png

(This guy is annoying...)

i5rldx.png

(Oh no! The Uranium contamination is spreading.)

~New Pokemon

Everyone say hello to BRAILIP =0!!

brainfishup4.gif

(This pokemon is known for being really intelligent. He can't swim fast, but he also can hide in corals.)

Thats all =p.​

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
If I were you, I'd be careful about mixing FR/LG sprites with R/S/E sprites. The styles are quite different, and it sticks out quite a lot. The scratchs sprites also are fairly bad - this is, however, just my opinion.

On the upside, the plot is unique and actually somewhat interesting. Keep up the good work, but don't forget to make sure the grammar and dialogue within your game is of high quality; it's one of the easiest things to forget, but it really helps make a game look more professional.

Zorin

Pixies Dance
Years
RSE sprites are actually almost the same in style as FR/LG, unless you were talking about the tiles. As for the scratch sprites, please say which ones you think are bad and why. Many are being revamped already.

nice animation on Brailip . is it like a pokemon crystal style animation?
Yeah, it is. But I'm not sure if JV is inserting the animation too...

Good update JV! I like the tiles. Expect to see som new sprites from me soon.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
As Zorin said, please point out which sprites you think are bad also, I wont be using animations on the sprites, Zorin made it just for fun.

~micro UPDATE~ 12/19/08​

The main news here is that PEQUEDARK-VELVET allowed me to use all his design/fakemons in Pokemon Uranium, simply AMAZING =D. Also, we have a new spriter on the team, he is from TCoD and his name is PichuK!! His frist sprite was deisgned by PEQUEDARK and here it is...

DHOOSNOWN
xkuqg6.png

his sugimori:
Spoiler:

Also, a screenshot of him in game:
x5uxw5.png

GoldenBagon

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2017
@ all uraninum staff
well done looking great cant wait till its release
@ all complainers
its a game it doesnt need to make sense

@JV is it possible if i could be a beta tester?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
@ all uraninum staff
well done looking great cant wait till its release
@ all complainers
its a game it doesnt need to make sense

@JV is it possible if i could be a beta tester?

Thanks for the comments =D. Since there is nothing I want to show you guys right now, here is a screenshot of a route that I havent showed yet( I forgot to use the other resolution =/):
2qn1v1y.jpg

GoldenBagon

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2017
wow some of those fakemon are really good just looked @ newer shaded versions how do u come up with the designs cos i just enjoy mixing up all ready made pokmon like my wobberfet mamswine+ every 3rd evo of the starters which wasnt really that good but was fun to make:)
but yeah as i said all your stuffs really good cant wait till late january to play
thnx
GB
(big uraninum supporter)

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Can't say as I'm much of a fan of either of you're two new sprites. The first one (Brailip) doesn't benefit from the large brain protruding from it...
The other one, seems to not be sprited from the right angle. The drawing looks like a real pokemon, but the actual product disappoints, in my opinion.
Also, the animation for Brailip looks like something straight from Crystal. Mixing the styles of the different generations seems to be a theme in the game, but are you sure you're not taking it too far?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Can't say as I'm much of a fan of either of you're two new sprites. The first one (Brailip) doesn't benefit from the large brain protruding from it...
The other one, seems to not be sprited from the right angle. The drawing looks like a real pokemon, but the actual product disappoints, in my opinion.
Also, the animation for Brailip looks like something straight from Crystal. Mixing the styles of the different generations seems to be a theme in the game, but are you sure you're not taking it too far?

1- It isnt a brain protruding from brailip, its a Brain Coral (Wiki)
2- Please tell me which parts you think were drawn wrong so we can correct it.
3- How many times I will have to say that the animation was something that Zorin did just for fun, and it isnt supposed to appear in the game. I liked it and posted it here!
4- Its nearly impossible to have a fangame that has more than one spriter to has its fakemon looking like it was done from only one person.

Is that difference between fr/lg and r/s sprite styles too big for you?

2s8466h.png

(fr/lg---r/s)

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2008
great ider im gessing that the mum is the monster
what if you collectradoactive sones to evlove pokemon or somthing

GoldenBagon

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2017
great ider im gessing that the mum is the monster
what if you collectradoactive sones to evlove pokemon or somthing
sorry if this offends you seanster but your grammer is terrible what i think he was saying is

He has a great idea and hes guessing the mum in the monster and what if you collect radio active stones to evolve some of the pokemon???

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Funny that someone with horrid grammar gets corrected by someone who can't do much better. And sorry if I couldn't have responded to your response earlier JV, but I will now:
1- Just because I'm from Connecticut doesn't mean I don't know what Brain Coral looks like...
2-On Brailip, there's a very good bit of "flat" face effect on the front of its face. The eyes look flat against the head, and if you're going for a cartoonish look like I assume you are from the lips, I would suggest making the eyes look like they're bulging out of the head. The shadowing is all right (except for the stripe on the bottom left), but it looks like it has a beard on the bottom of its face.

For Dhoosnowl (how do you pronounce that?), the light source seems a bit too strong on the front of the face. The line on the beak likewise contrasts too much, meaning that it's basially the only thing you can see in that spot. The left ear also comes out a bit too far (just a few pixels).
And I don't need to respond to the other ones.

Zorin

Pixies Dance
Years
It might be just me... but I didn't understand most of what you said about Brailip... His eyes are actualy popping out, as you can see at his right eye.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Hmmm... I suppose. But do you mean his left (the one that's just barely off the edge)?
I was referring mainly to the right eye, where there seems to be almost a direct transition from the off-white to the green. This ties in to the shadowing, because with a few more shades of grey at the edge of the eye it could look better. (But I don't always know what I'm talking about...)
When I mentioned a stripe at the bottom left, I was talking about that bright, one-pixel wide line right before the outline below the mouth.
What I said about the "beard" was not anything to change, merely an observation on the way the colors were separated.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
RSE sprites are actually almost the same in style as FR/LG, unless you were talking about the tiles.

I'm talking about the tiles, which are noticably "flatter" and more 2D then their FR/LG counterparts. They also use a slightly diffrent colouring scheme.

As for the scratch sprites, please say which ones you think are bad and why. Many are being revamped already.

In my honest opinion, the majority of the scratch sprites just don't seem up to par. Both in design and in their actual sprite quality, they don't look for a minute like that could pass as real Pokémon. Mind you, I just have a thing against Fakemon, so don't let my words discourage you.

As for the Brailip subject, I think it'd look much better if the Brain coral extended down his body, or was a different color. At the moment it looks exactly like a brain and it doesn't look like a Pokemon at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back