• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024

Art & Design's Daily Chit Chat

tumblr_m941z8cvSD1rulirc.gif

Hello everyone and welcome to A&D's first ever Spring 2013 DCC!

Feel free to discuss anything and everything art related in here. Get to know your fellow artists, learn their methods, chat about the latest and greatest art-thing you learned about! Here's your opportunity to talk with the gallery and shop owners here!

However, before you get typing. We've got a few rules:

• Be mindful of the topic at hand. Always remember to respond accordingly to the prior conversation. Use your best judgement when changing current topics.

• Critiquing is allowed, just keep in mind that this DCC is for the general discussion of art. Any heavy, full-blown reviews must be posted in the artist's gallery. Feel free to ask the artists how/why they drew something, but keep detailed and in-depth judgements on the art where it belongs.

• Small traditional and digital requests can be made in this thread. Just remember that an artist may not always be available to complete your request. You're expected to respect that. Make sure your request doesn't derail any conversation; so keep the momentum going! I will reiterate : Do not request a signature here.

• Don't spam, troll, or flame. Be nice; and the DCC will be nice to you.

Above all, have fun and enjoy! :D

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
yay for the DCC finally being up. Hope all dem members enjoy it. :p

Since there's no topic being talked about, I'll start - What would you guys like to see in A&D? Is there anything about it that you aren't happy about? What do you think could make it better?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
No guys stop making things like the icontest and this when I can barely make any graphics, and when I can nothing good. :(

Joking aside, you and Alexial have both been doing a wonderful job bringing some life back to A&D. I'm not around here as much as I would like but I can definitely see the effort you both have put into it and I think activity has gone up since. Maybe if the icontest is successful you can eventually reboot the signature contest as well. Maybe even an occasional joint 'theme' contest, kind of like what one of the get-togethers had once.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I think that sounds like a wonderful idea! :3 I'd love to get some awesome new contests going around these parts.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Dr. Eggman: Get a load of this!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301419

Or if that topic gets moved or deleted, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIMLbSzTvV0

It reminds me of a Tumblr I wanted to do earlier in the year (which would now hypothetically make three) like December or January, whenever I joined here. Ideally, I'd set up various Pokemon drawing challenges like draw from memory, under 30 seconds, etc, and in retrospect... I probably should have. :\

On the other hand, my plate is 100% full, I can't take on anything else until I finish off some of the other things I'm working on. Still, the concept is cool. I might do this myself or set up a site for it later. :P I dunno, just battin' stuff around like a cat bats anything that moves.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Dr. Eggman: Get a load of this!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301419

Or if that topic gets moved or deleted, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIMLbSzTvV0

It reminds me of a Tumblr I wanted to do earlier in the year (which would now hypothetically make three) like December or January, whenever I joined here. Ideally, I'd set up various Pokemon drawing challenges like draw from memory, under 30 seconds, etc, and in retrospect... I probably should have. :\

On the other hand, my plate is 100% full, I can't take on anything else until I finish off some of the other things I'm working on. Still, the concept is cool. I might do this myself or set up a site for it later. :P I dunno, just battin' stuff around like a cat bats anything that moves.

That. Is. Awesome.

omg

Hey, if you ever launch that, I'm in. Definitely. <3

Love your new avatar, btw. Got the full piece?

derozio

Years
We'd definitely think about it, Tara. And thanks for the compliment, haha. ALSO THERES LIKE TWO DAYS LEFT YOU CAN STILL DO IT TARA ;________;

Haven't seen the entirety of the video myself but it's lookin' pretty sweet. <3; I honestly wouldn't be able to draw a single one of them without reference. XD; And dbp I'd honestly love to see your stuff, man. Bet it'd be even better than what we saw in the video, haha.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Last edited:

derozio

Years
ahahaha, holy crap, that's just hilarious. XD; We should definitely have some sort of a project like that going over here too. Had no idea just a bunch of goofy pokemon art along with a single-lined comment can make me laugh like it just did omg XD; Totally gonna browse through its entirety when I'm free. 8) If you know similar hilarious stuff feel free to post here - always up for a good laugh, haha. <3

oh and it's okay. :) We'll figure things out somehow, lol.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
omg this
015beedrill.PNG

absolutely killed me xDDDD

Also, AWsquared, no suggestions needed! n_n; Here we can just chat about arts'n'stuffs. For instance, give me a little background on your sig? Last time I checked, comics are still art <3

derozio

Years
Ahahaha, yeah, hilarious stuff. XD;

And yeah, AWsquared, that art style looks pretty good to me. I'm curious as well. :3

Treecko

Years
Yup, he hasn't posted one in months though. :( But that sounds like an excellent idea. People can volunteer to do 5-10 at a time and post them here. i'd love to do that.

omg this
015beedrill.PNG

absolutely killed me xDDDD

Also, AWsquared, no suggestions needed! n_n; Here we can just chat about arts'n'stuffs. For instance, give me a little background on your sig? Last time I checked, comics are still art <3

Ahahaha, yeah, hilarious stuff. XD;

And yeah, AWsquared, that art style looks pretty good to me. I'm curious as well. :3

It's from Owl City's new video for their song "Metropolis".

I'm in love with this song right now cause of the video. The artwork is amazing in it and it also has a really good message about standing up to bullying. Adam, mastermind behind Owl City,posted gifs from the video to his blog and I had to use that one as my signature cause it's so cool!
http://www.ayoungblog.com/post/48783791777

So I've been putting that video on repeat just for the art and it's just a wonderful video too imo.

And yeah I'd considered comics art cause someone spent time working on them and plan and draw out all the visuals and such. Some comics have such incredible art too as well.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Some comics have such incredible art too as well.

omnomnomnom yours words feed meeee :DDDD

Yes! They do! I love comics <3 Every Wednesdayyyy~~

I've heard of Owl City. Never listened to them though. But, if I remember correctly, you blogged about them and I looked them up once. Seemed pretty neat. n_n; Supposed to be like the Postal Service, right? Oh wait this is supposed to be about art :x

Anyway yeah, I love the style of your sig. Reminds me a lot of Adam Kubert's art.

Spoiler:

^^from Ultimate X-Men :D

derozio

Years
Okay, the gifs look pretty nice. I'm definitely gonna check out their video asap. Owl City's songs are always so bubbly that it'd be interesting to see how a video on bullying would turn out. And how the whole comic book visuals would come together in the video. :3

^ and that looks pretty darn good too. Too bad I'm not really great at distinguishing most western artists and their art. They have distinct styles, yeah, but I've seen such a large variety in the art style in eastern mangas that the western stuff look relatively more same-y to me. That said, I love both. The eastern manga styles do take a little lead but that's just me being biased since the mangas I've read far outnumber the no. of comics I've read and I generally prefer the former, haha.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Some of those are hilarious lol.

Also when are you guys thinking of putting up the next Icontest? I might have missed where you said it, buuuut DCC needs some lovin' anyway.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Honestly, I'm not totally sure when the next icontest will be held. Personally, I'd like to do it as soon as possible. But I think we might end up waiting until Dero is back from his LoA. Shouldn't be too long after this one, though! :D

derozio

Years
I'd love it if you start it asap, Jo and Gav. Perhaps on the 1st or 2nd of the coming month itself.

There are some beastly pieces of art in there, btw. This one was amazing:
ku-xlarge.png

And oh my god look at this thing; it's terrifying!

ku-xlarge.jpg

Really though, the artists have done an amazing job at these. Easily my favorites. <3;

Treecko

Years
Pokemon Fusion is one of the best things ever and some of the fanart is amazing. Some of them could work well as actual Pokemon.

ku-medium.jpg

ku-medium.png

Mansprout lol.

This one's really cute. :D
ku-medium.png

And almost anything with Cubone/Marowak or Beedrill is actually pretty cool. Out of the ones there these two are my favorites.
ku-medium.png
ku-medium.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back