• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which gen 2 pokemon do you like and dislike the most?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2018
Obviously Crobat! I really, really like the concept behind it, it was one of the first pokemon to evolve via friendship, it's blazing fast, has a cool design and powerful utility moves.

My least liked are probably Umbreon and Igglybuff.

Years
Umbreon and Espeon are amazing. So is Skarmory.
I will also defend Ho-Oh Against Lugia forever

I really don?t like Snubble and although the starters are cute I think the monotype starter idea is boring.

Edit: I forgot Octilery which I love

Last edited:

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
I like all of the legendaries, Espeon and Umbreon.
Least favourite probably Unown. It's disappointing. Delibird, Qwilfish and Shuckle weren't useful either.

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2018
Like: Typhlosion - Just off the fact itsthe first Fire-Starter that can learn "Thunder Punch" ... Think about that for a second

Dislike: Don't know since I've never completed Gen 2 due to the fact NEITHER My Silver or Crystal SAVE :'(

Years
Favourite is probably Skarmory. The typing is great and I love Steel and come on people it?s a metal bird how can you not love this.

Milltank is the worst. It looks ridiculous, I think it?s meant to be good in battle but I don?t care I still hate it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Donphan is #1; seriously, I was obsessed with that Pokemon the moment I saw him in the first movie.

Shuckle is pretty neat to use, but he sucked big time in Gen 2.

Years
My favourite Johto pokemon are Espeon and Meganium. Espeon is one all of all time favourite pokemon. it's design is so simplistic, yet elegant and I love it, not to mention the fact that Psychic types absolutely enamor me. I also have a fondness for Grass types, especially grass type starters and Meganium is no exception. It's an unmistakably adorable pokemon, and come on, the fact that it has the ability to revive wilted vegetation is astounding, and only deepens my infatuation with it.

My least favourites, however, are Qwilfish, Octillery, and Unkown. I generally dislike the designs of Octillery and Qwilfish. Octillery looks laughable to me, and seems unpleasantly eerie. Qwilfish is just overall unsightly, it is questionably my all-time least favourite pokemon. Unkown on the other hand, is rather irritating, which is the only reason for my disdain towards it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 19, 2018
Come to think about it, there are very good Gen 2 Pokemon.
I'll say Espeon is the choice, which is my favorite Psychic type, followed by Crobat, my flying type favorite. Also love Heracross, Noctowl and Houndoom, also Delibird.

Least favorites are Sunkern line and Snubbull.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 19, 2018
Well I believe Crobat is my favorite Gen II Pokemon. I love its design, it has decent stats and it is so cool.
The one I like the least is Unown. It was a gimmicky idea to make the alphabet its different forms but it is almost useless.

Years
I really love Sneasel, it was my favourite Pokemon ever for quite a while and is still one of them to this day - even if it isn't the best to use in a playthrough. There's a lot of good Pokemon in Gen 2 but I'd probably say Noctowl is my least favourite, I just find it a bit boring to be honest!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
I really like Quagsire. Used it for Silver VC and it wrecked havoc. Nice cute design too.

I really hate Ledian. Used it once and regretted it. Awful stats, garbage movepool, it gets iron fist in later games as an ability but it only learns a couple of punching moves and it's attack stat is 35. What were they thinking?!

Years
I've always had a nostalgic attachment to Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr. I also tend to raise Mareep/Flaafy/Ampharos and Wooper/Quagsire; sadly, the former is unobtainable in Crystal.

I would use Houndour/Houndoom more often, if it weren't obtained so late in the game... >_<

I should also give Skarmory consideration.

I can't think of any I dislike for now.

Back