• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

moves pokemon can't learn,but should

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Originally, Lickitung was unable to learn Lick.

That's still funny to me.

Yanmega still can't learn Fly which doesn't make any sense to me considering it's a dragonfly Pokemon. If Doduo can learn fly when it doesn't have any goddamn wings AT ALL, then Yanmega WHO WAS FOUR WINGS should be able to. Considering it's not field move anymore, many Pokemon who couldn't learn Fly who arguably should have back in the day really should now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
oh, and to the person who said "Or Golbat... Any of that line until Crobat. Like you said, if PIDGEY can learn it, literally anything else with wings should be able to. " um,while it is true hat zubat couldn't learn it at first,the entire line learns it since generation 4.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Yanmega still can't learn Fly which doesn't make any sense to me considering it's a dragonfly Pokemon.

And then there's the Pokedex entry, which specifically mentions that it's physically capable of carrying an adult in flight. Yet you can fly on a Pidgey, which is most likely too small to even carry a human's weight, but you can actually do that because screw logic.
Also, Carracosta can't even learn Razor Shell or Waterfall.

Last edited:

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
Personally, I think Entei ought be capable of using fire pledge, but mostly for the sake
of a subtle reference :
in the original Ranger as well as Guardian Signs, Entei would use it before it even existed!
...well, looks like fire pledge to me anyway...(skip to 9:19 and 1:03 respectively)

Oh, and the Ecruteak city trio as whole ought also be capable of learning glare...
again, Guardian Signs poké-assist...
Well, I guess we could consider it for a fan-game!

Years
It's still so utterly baffling to me that Gorebyss is completely incapable of learning any out of Leech Life, Absorb, Mega Drain, and Giga Drain. You'd think those would be some of the first moves GameFreak would think to give it access to, since its whole thing, lore-wise, is that it eats by siphoning bodily fluids out of its prey.

But nope, it can learn exactly none of those four moves.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 15, 2019
Magnezone and Fly. Also, I always thought that Tangrowth should be able to learn Surf (it's big enough and some of Tangela's Pokedex entries say its vines are similar to seaweed).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 15, 2019
Espeon can't get Extrasensory. It would be an okay move for it, but ESP (ExtraSensory Perception) is literally in Espeon's name.

Zoura/Zoroark with transform would fit. Actually Metal Claw for Zoroark could totally work since it has big claws and has other slashing moves. While weak, it would give Zoroark more type coverage.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
It's still so utterly baffling to me that Gorebyss is completely incapable of learning any out of Leech Life, Absorb, Mega Drain, and Giga Drain. You'd think those would be some of the first moves GameFreak would think to give it access to, since its whole thing, lore-wise, is that it eats by siphoning bodily fluids out of its prey.

But nope, it can learn exactly none of those four moves.

Okay, i'm with this person 100%. Nintendo NEEDS to change this! Or, at the very least, make some water type move for it as a signature move that is of a similar nature :/

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
What's pokemon prism?

A hack of pokemon crystal with pokemon from generations 3, 4 and 6

Like darkmaster said, it was so famed that it was removed by Nintendo, maybe they plan to make a GBC game on VC based on this concept? Who knows?

If you think that's weird my Sylveon from pokemon adventures: Red chapter can learn surf but not my other rom hacks Sylveons x|

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
A hack of pokemon crystal with pokemon from generations 3, 4 and 6

Like darkmaster said, it was so famed that it was removed by Nintendo, maybe they plan to make a GBC game on VC based on this concept? Who knows?

If you think that's weird my Sylveon from pokemon adventures: Red chapter can learn surf but not my other rom hacks Sylveons x|

cool

Years
Charizard can't learn fly in Red/Blue.

Seriously, what the heck. Thankfully that was fixed in Yellow.

Also, Donphan can't learn Dig.
Yanmega can't learn Fly.

"Oh, but Rick, Yanmega's a dragonfly. You can't ride a dragonfly!"
If you can ride a Pidgey, you can ride a dragonfly.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
Charizard can't learn fly in Red/Blue.

Seriously, what the heck. Thankfully that was fixed in Yellow.

Also, Donphan can't learn Dig.
Yanmega can't learn Fly.

"Oh, but Rick, Yanmega's a dragonfly. You can't ride a dragonfly!"
If you can ride a Pidgey, you can ride a dragonfly.

but rick,elephants don't dig. oh, and as for Yanmega, it definitely should be able to learn Fly. Just look at its heartgold, Y, and Alpha Sapphire dex entry: "This six-legged Pokémon is easily capable of transporting an adult in flight. The wings on its tail help it stay balanced." you can definitely ride a Yanmega. Even if you couldn't ride Pidgey, you could still ride Yanmega. speaking of Fly, Garchomp can't learn Fly. Look at its dex entries. Also, Carracosta can learn Waterfall via HM05 in generations 5 and 6 and TM98 in generation 7.

Last edited:
Back