• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What part annoyed you the most in R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truddler

Enjoy.
Years
I think everyone can agree with me when I say that Rock tunnel was a pain to get through.

1. I didn't know how to get Flash, or what purpose it had.

2. I didn't know the way out, so if any of my teammates fainted, I would have to wait until I got out.

There you go, Rock Tunnel drove me crazy.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2012
Silph Co. isn't hard at all. You just need patience. I beat LeafGreen when I was 8 years old.
I'm 12 now. The thing that annoyed me is everything with Zubats and Tentacools. I hate them. I just use repels when entering caves and surfing the sea. In yellow... Pikachu is weak against rock.... always training caterpie...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
The Part in the game that annoyed me the most in Pokemon RBYG was the fact that I really wanted to go into Saffron City but I couldn't because the guards was thirsty and I felt that wasn't my problem to give them water

:t354:TG

Years
I learned soo much form my first journey of Kanto on Blue

- I hate Zubats and tentacools that relentlessly jump out at you
- If a tunnels pitch black then it means you should find and use flash, Took me forever to get through it not knowing Flash even existed.. o_O
- Lt Surges Switches ¬_¬
- Wasting a master ball on Articuno thinking it was the dogs danglys
- The strain of trying to catch a Mewtwo without said Master ball
- Lorelei's Lapras on the first ever playthrough seemed invincible!

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
Years
Missingno Glitch when somebody told me to do it. Screw me up...

Also the Rocket Hideout and Cycling Road as previously stated.

SonGohan

ドラゴンボール
Years
For me it was either getting owned by Brock like 40 times in yellow or the excessive amount of Zubat and Tentacool you run into throughout the games.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2017
Silph Co. without a doubt. Back when I didn't know how to get through the place, I'd just try every single warp panel hoping to get lucky.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
i
Rocket Hideout. :( Spinning torture gave me headaches. And you spin SO SLOWLY.
THIS EXACTLY OMG I FORGOT ABOUT THIS O.O
It was so infuriating and I couldn't believe how slowly you moved around. -.- Other than that, I remember discovering that cheat about Missingno and exploiting it to the fullest. It was fun for a while, then I realised that cheating wasn't the way to go and it got boring. XD

Aurora01

Goodbye
Years
I hated the Rocket Hideout...
The spinning, the music, EVERYTHING.
Also, trying to go through Mt. Moon/Rock Tunnel without repels...
That was a pain in the butt.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Either the Safari Zone or Victory Road... it took me forever to figure out how to get out of Victory Road and the Safari Zone method of catching Pokemon is just infuriating.

Meinfoo

Spelling error? Spelling win!
Years
For me it was the Missingno. glitch. When I found it the purpose to play the game instantly evaporated because training your Pokemon was pointless when you have infinite Rare Candies.

Years
Surge and his fake difficulty nonsense trashcans. The battle is by far the easiest gym leader battle in the game, maybe even in the entire series, and how do they try to make up for that in "difficulty"? By putting him behind a door and making opening said door almost as tedious as playing Desert Bus.

giles863

Geodude Expert
Years
The Caves...I, still to this day, hate caves in any kind of Pokemon game. It seems like every two steps you take, some wild Pokemon attacks...:pokeball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back