• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] Season 4: Signup Tournament

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday

Signup Tournament

Since we have three clan openings and four new signups who are new to PCL, we've decided to host a short signup tournament to test everyone's ability at scheduling and completing their battles. There will be three rounds of random match-ups, and each round will last a week. Once the signup tournament is over, we'll select signups who have successfully scheduled their battles, then choose which clan they should go in and whether to swap around any clan members from their original clan. Note that the fourth signup, Kevin Garrett, is not guaranteed a spot in any clan unless one of the earlier three signups are denied for inactivity, poor scheduling, etc.

If you want to sign up, please use this thread. The thread is old at this point, but we still check it.

Structure

The Pok?Community League is PC's largest SM OU battling tournament with a focus on both competition and collaboration. Containing similarities to draft leagues, PCL pits four clans against each other in a round-robin format (Weeks 1-3). After tallying all the clan wins from the weekly rounds, the clans in 2nd and 3rd place face off in the semifinals, deciding who will be the one to take on the 1st place clan in the finals. The entire tournament takes five weeks to complete.

Each clan has a clan head. In addition to participating, their responsibilities include picking members for their clan, picking subs to replace their clan's inactive members, and overseeing the direction of their clan (e.g. helping their clan members practice). The current clan heads are Aurora, Christos, Dragon, and myself.

Lastly, auxiliary members are members who were too late to sign up as regular members. Instead, they are allowed to be drafted in clans with a less involved role. Clan heads coordinate when auxiliary members can replace one of the regular members for one week of their choosing (two weeks is required if the clan makes it to semifinals). However, the same member cannot be replaced by an auxiliary member twice in a row.

Rules

?Use PC's battle server.
?OU, Ubers, UU, RU, NU, PU, and LC of any generation are allowed for your battle if both you and your opponent agree to it. Avoid formats that aren't on the battle server (e.g. RBY LC). SM OU is the default format to fall back on.
?Best of three (win two battles to win the match-up)
?Post the replays in this thread.
?Scheduling guidelines
?No extensions

Match-Ups

Aurora vs Nah
wolf vs Kostas (1 2 3)
punkysaur vs Rabinov
ViolantCharizard14 vs gimmepie
Decidueye vs Dragon (1 2)
Choice Specs vs 5qwerty (1 2 3)
Kevin Garrett vs FireSnow (1 2 3)
TheGrimReaper666 vs Noa
Christos gets a bye

Christos vs gimmepie (1 2 3)
Kostas vs Aurora (1 2 3)
5qwerty vs Noa (1 2)
Nah vs Rabinov (1 2)
Decidueye vs Kevin Garrett
wolf vs FireSnow (1 2 3)
Choice Specs vs ViolantCharizard14
TheGrimReaper666 vs Dragon

Decidueye vs ViolantCharizard14
Christos vs FireSnow
Nah vs wolf (1 2 3)
Noa vs Kostas (1 2 3)
Rabinov vs TheGrimReaper666 (1 2 3)
Choice Specs vs gimmepie (1 2)
5qwerty vs Kevin Garrett (1 2)
Dragon vs Aurora (1 2)

Member Directory

Key: PC username / PS username(s) (not listed if same as PC) / time zone

Brave Altaria
H8Tujd4.png

?Head: Dragon (Aerithhh, Captain Syrup, Esper Terra, Futabaa Sakura) (GMT -4)
?Decidueye (ddrox13) (GMT -4)
?Kostas (Kwstaspaokara) (GMT +2)
?Auxiliary: N/A

Ghosts of Perdition
xD9lrqP.png

?Head: wolf (GMT -4)
?5qwerty (GMT -4)
?FireSnow (vsich4) (GMT -6)
?Auxiliary: Kevin Garrett (GMT -4)

The Lopunnites
sdXlUrR.png

?Head: Choice Specs (GMT -5)
?Noa (Captain Noanoa, pureleine) (GMT -7)
?Rabinov (Arcaneum) (GMT +1)
?Auxiliary: TheGrimReaper666 (GMT +1)

Tenacious Toxapex
TGPQabc.png

?Head: Aurora (GMT +10)
?gimmepie (GMT +8)
?Nah (Zekrom52) (GMT -4)
?Auxiliary: N/A

Clan Member Replacements

?Ida13 (Ida) (GMT -6)

Substitutes

?Omicron (Carousels) (GMT -6)
?CUTIEFLY!!! (Mudkip) (GMT -4)
?Ras! (RasOriginal) (GMT +2)
?og (oh gee) (GMT -7)

Last edited:
Years
So, charizard and I missed each other and then he didn't show up at all when we rescheduled. I'll keep checking for him but yeah, battling him is turning out to be kind of problematic.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 25, 2018
I didnt realise i was involved until 2 days ago lol just waiting for me and noa to be online at the same time

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
First round is over! punkysaur will be disqualified from PCL for inactivity. I won't be making any activity decisions for match-ups since this is just the signup tournament. Anyhow, I've decided to post the last two rounds at once to see if we can get them done early.

Christos vs gimmepie
Kostas vs Aurora
5qwerty vs Noa
Nah vs Rabinov
Decidueye vs Kevin Garrett
wolf vs FireSnow
Choice Specs vs ViolantCharizard14
TheGrimReaper666 vs Dragon

Decidueye vs ViolantCharizard14
Christos vs FireSnow
Nah vs wolf
Noa vs Kostas
Rabinov vs TheGrimReaper666
Choice Specs vs gimmepie
5qwerty vs Kevin Garrett
Dragon vs Aurora

Deadline for getting one of these matches done is Tuesday, August 29th at 11:59 PM (GMT -4). Both need to be completed by Tuesday, September 5th at 11:59 PM (GMT -4), but hopefully we can all get our battles done before then. Let me know if there are any issues or if you have questions.
I didnt realise i was involved until 2 days ago lol just waiting for me and noa to be online at the same time
I sent you a tell message about it on the battle server, because you're active on there. Ah well, just do your best with scheduling the next two battles.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Last edited:

Sam1994

Sam
Years
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 25, 2018
won against futabaa sakura 2-0, gg

I messed up real bad, I am really sorry but i forgot to save the replays after the battles. :[

Last edited:

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 6, 2020
Confirming previous results.

Won against Decidueye (2-0). I don't think we saved replays.

Good games all.

Back