• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how to make tilesets work or make them Transparent in Pokemon Essentials.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
I've been using Pokemon Essentials for a while now and I wanted to import custom tilesets into my game when doing so I encountered a white space at the corner of a single tileset or just the whole sheet I don't know what I did wrong or why is it doing that?

Years
Color the background to a color that the tileset doesn't use (for example purple). Then in RPG Maker XP go to Materials > Tilesets > Import

Select your tileset then chose your color with left and right click to make it transparent.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
Color the background to a color that the tileset doesn't use (for example purple). Then in RPG Maker XP go to Materials > Tilesets > Import

Select your tileset then chose your color with left and right click to make it transparent.

Color the background that the tileset doesn't use you mean like this?

Years
Color the background that the tileset doesn't use you mean like this?

The "Transparent color" there is the one it's going to find everything of that color on your tileset and make that part show up transparent. If you changed it to the white color of your background there, it would solve your current problem, but you very likely have some things that are white on your tileset that you don't want to be transparent. So your best bet is to change all the background parts(using an image editor like Photoshop or Paint) to a single color you know you won't use, like that hot pink.

Black Eternity

Lord of Eternity
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 30, 2016
Here lets clear this up, your background should be a color that (you will not use in your tiles) example, bright mofo teal, dark doodoo brown or whatever you desire.

then left click on THAT SAME COLOR YOU HAVE CHOSEN, and it will be transparent.

To use your attachment image, it says your transparent color is BLACK, when it should actually be white (just looking at the screenshot).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
Here lets clear this up, your background should be a color that (you will not use in your tiles) example, bright mofo teal, dark doodoo brown or whatever you desire.

then left click on THAT SAME COLOR YOU HAVE CHOSEN, and it will be transparent.

To use your attachment image, it says your transparent color is BLACK, when it should actually be white (just looking at the screenshot).

I kinda did that at the start it didn't work too

Black Eternity

Lord of Eternity
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 30, 2016
Well then the only other solution I can come up with is, are you using your layers correctly?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
Well then the only other solution I can come up with is, are you using your layers correctly?

Well no one didn't tell me there where suppose to be layers. But I kinda use gimp for this so I'd say I only use 1 layer idk what that would do

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
I think he's talking about RMXP layers. If you use transparent tiles on the first layer, you'll have the white background visible.
Use F5, F6 and F7 to switch between layers, and F4 to highlight the current layer. If you want tu use transparent tiles (like trees, houses...), you must use layer 2 or 3.
That are basics though. I think you should know that :p

The other problem could be the tileset format, it should be in .png for transparency. You can even have partial transparency (shadows for example). My tilesets have a "void" background so I don't need to bother with the transparency color background (it shouldn't affect performances).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
YAY! I was able to use my tilesets on other layers and there all transparent no more white spaces thank you all for bearing your time to help me. I'll let you know if I have other problems.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Okay this is very definitely a dead thread, but everyone says left click the transparent color, where do we left click it? In what window when?

PunkPhantom

"midna's a cat" -vinny, vinesauce
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Go to Tools > Material Base > Import, select the tileset you want, then hopefully you can follow the directions from there.

Back