• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen I, VEGETA

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Name: VEGETA
Game: SILVER
Style: NUZLOCKE

I, VEGETA, was told by Birth Woman that it was time to go on my journey. The woman was right, but redundant. Of course I knew what day it was - I did adjust the clock. The female did not need to remind me of my destiny. I looked at my trainer card and smiled. I was finally going to get what was mine.

I sauntered my way into the weak man's lab and was met with horror. Oh yes, I was getting my Pokemon - but I had to run an errand? How could he deem me worthy of doing the grunt work? This man, untouched by any remote sense of glory or power, had two workers more than capable of such things!
"I shall do no such thing, 'Elm'. You have chosen the wrong day to delay my progress. Your inability to do even the most ineffectual task is of no concern to me. Let me grasp my desired Pokemon and go."
"Thanks, VEGETA! You're a great help! When I announce my findings, I'm sure we'll delve a bit deeper int-"

I grabbed the CYNDAQUIL off the table and left. I will do your task, UnderwhElm, but mark my words. When I am Champion, a mere formality, you will not be given credit. Only the birth woman will get any note. The rest of the glory goes to VEGETA.

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I immediately christened CYNDAQUIL with his new name - ST. HELENS. He was going to be the cornerstone of my ascent, the fire inside matched the power given to me by birth.

We walked, not ran, through the rugged terrain ahead of me. These shoes were not made to go any faster than a slight strolling pace. All these years and I had never entered this forest before. Birth Woman would not let it happen. I took in the surroundings and decided that once this errand was complete, I would never come here again.

I entered Cherrygrove Town and was immediately approached by an old man.
"What is it, withered one?"
"You're new to town! Let me show you around!"

The one ravaged by time did have a point. In spite of my sheer capability, I had never left New Bark Town.

"Go on, old man."
"Great! I'll even give you something at the end of the tour, something that will help you get around easier!"
"Ah, the RUNNING SHOES. Show me the worth of this town."

He did not show me anything of worth.

"Well, that's about it. Now, I don't know these 'RUNNING SHOES' you were talking about, but here's a nice Map Card for your time! Have fun!"
I was going to accost the old man.
"You mean that I have to traverse this whole province with... nothing but these?"
"Well, there is one guy with a bicycle... somewhere..."

I would not be coming back to this town either.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Great writing lol

If you're doing an actual Nuzlocke, you should probably post it in Challenge Logs instead c: Want me to move it?

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Great writing lol

If you're doing an actual Nuzlocke, you should probably post it in Challenge Logs instead c: Want me to move it?

no i want all my GSC journals in one space for ease of access

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Great writing lol

eh I'm more focused on the journal aspect - this is mainly writing and not a challenge
I always play nuzlocke so that is a mere formality on my part

so I'd much prefer it here

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
In my rage, I do not recall the trek to see Mr. Pokemon. There was much slow walking. Old men. I have the egg now. That is all that matters to VEGETA.

I was closing in on the final stretch of this disgraceful beginning when I encountered a dull looking child heading my way. It was aimless - there was no light behind its eyes. Looking back, I do not believe there ever was.

"Hi there! I'm Goku! Let's fight! Right now!"
"Wha-"

The child started humming a theme of some kind. Doo doo.. do do doo...
Was this thing... making its own music? I could not believe this. What was this child? Did his Birth Woman lose him? It was not even LOOKING AT VEGETA! IT CHALLENGED ME AND IT WAS NOT LOOKING MY WAY? WHAT HAPPENED? VEGETA WOULD NOT STAND FOR THIS!

"ST. HELENS!"
BIG tackle ATTACK!

The Cyndaquil managed to critically wound Goku's Totodile. It was mine for the taking.
"Haha, that's enough, Squirtle! You did good!"
I felt my knee buckle slightly. It said.. nevermind. It was talking again.

"Well, it was nice to meet you, Vegeta! You did real good! You raised a good fighter. But I'm hungry now. Bye!"
The... thing obliviously walked away while still singing its own battle music. But it left something shiny in its wake. I picked up the rather faded card it had left on the ground. Trainer card: KAKAROT. Made by Hasbro.
Of course it was.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Elm was whimpering. "The child! He just took my Totodile! IT SAID SQUIRTLE!" The officer stood there taking a couple of notes while Elm sat down and hyperventilated. "He walked up to me and said that Pokemon looked like fun... then he just took it! Mine!" Elm was clearly in a rather fragile state. His assistant went to a shelf and brought Elm something to calm his nerves.
"Ah... thank you... klonopin..."

The cop leaned over. "Yeah, so uh.. son. If you could just, uh, point me in the direction of that kid and give me a name... uh, yeah, wait. He went down the only path in this town. Kinda makes me wonder why I didn't just follow him and... catch him. Just give me a name, son."

"His name's KAKAROT. He calls himself Goku, but his Hasbro Trainer Card says KAKAROT."

I did not have time for this. I, VEGETA, was more than over the pitiful waste of my time. So I'm going to skip ahead because VEGETA had places to go. VEGETA caught many new Pokemon and had a far better next two days. Great. Wonderful.

I added SQUARK the Pidgey, SHARON the Rattata, ARCHIMEDES the Hoothoot, ROSETTA the Geodude and PAMELA the Bellsprout to his team. Cool. Fantastic.

I entered Violet City and the lazy montage was over.

Years
"Go on, old man."
"Great! I'll even give you something at the end of the tour, something that will help you get around easier!"
"Ah, the RUNNING SHOES. Show me the worth of this town."

laughed irl, i must've come back to this part four times over by now lol

11/10 writing, looking forward to more

Back