• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
I'm planning to do a hack for Pokemon Gold, but the mechanics I'm asking about hacking are in all pokemon games. I'm wondering if it would be a possible to;

A) Make the game reset on Blacking/Whiting Out (preferably after the message).

B) Make the Daycare Centre be able to take many unneeded pokemon from the player, but not store them in memory, so they can't retrieved later.
First of all, can you program in Assembly (z80)?
A) you need to find the routine that runs when you white out and make it jump to the starting routine (sorry, I don't know where it is located). You could also simulate a "Select+Start+A+B" button pressing.

B)if a scripting command for it doesn't exist (you can read the scripting compendium here), you can recycle the "release pokemon" routine, used in the pokecenter's computer menu. Is that what you originally meant?

Hello!
How do I change Sprites character of Pokémon Red/Blue?

Please answer the question.
Already asked and answered before (click me! or click me!).

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
Download COMCTL32.OCX through Google. Put it on the same folder where your tools are, or put it in the system32/system folder.

Ok, Ive tried but it still isint working. Would someone mind PMing me to give me personal help. i really need this to show what I can really do, otherwise all i'll be able to do is maps, and i'm pretty sure thats not much, as good as I may be at it.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
Ok, Ive tried but it still isint working. Would someone mind PMing me to give me personal help. i really need this to show what I can really do, otherwise all i'll be able to do is maps, and i'm pretty sure thats not much, as good as I may be at it.

Try putting the file mentioned in the same folder as the program that's causing the issue. :)

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
What do I do if when I try out entering a cave i edited, the screen goes to black nothingness after displaying the name and picture of the entrance in LG. (You know, like if you entered Diglett's Cave)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
(wow, it's really been a while since I last posted...)

Anyway. I've been wanting for a little while now to replace some songs in a Black/White ROM with songs from HG/SS, or Platinum... I'm not so naïve as to think that it's as simple as copy-pasting SDATs (the songs won't have the same internal names or any of that, so it's no good), so does anyone know how I'd go about bringing those songs over into B/W?

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
Okay, another, "I'm missing something basic," question, albeit not as much as the item image thing!

So, the offset for items in Ruby is 0x083C5564 according to Bulbapedia. The problem is, according to HxD, the last offset in the game is 0x01001000...

(No, I'm not looking to do something as big as adding item images in Ruby... I'm just doing something different regarding items...)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Okay, another, "I'm missing something basic," question, albeit not as much as the item image thing!

So, the offset for items in Ruby is 0x083C5564 according to Bulbapedia. The problem is, according to HxD, the last offset in the game is 0x01001000...
Yes, that offset is right ;) But if you write offsets that way you just add 08 at the start so if you're searching for clear offset, then it's 3C5564

FloatingClouds

Champion CSSer
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2011

First of all, can you program in Assembly (z80)?
A) you need to find the routine that runs when you white out and make it jump to the starting routine (sorry, I don't know where it is located). You could also simulate a "Select+Start+A+B" button pressing.

B)if a scripting command for it doesn't exist (you can read the scripting compendium here), you can recycle the "release pokemon" routine, used in the pokecenter's computer menu. Is that what you originally meant?

Already asked and answered before (click me! or click me!).
Hey, do you have a scripting compendium for Pokemon Fire Red?
Also I need help with PKSV, I have never used a scripting program before and want to learn, this has a script generator built in so it's perfect for starters. Anyway, I'm really confused, when I write a script it's what I want, but then I am consfused and may need to learn this to ever script for pokemon hacks but when where and how does the script take place after I compile/ add to the rom? Because I want to script some things at the start like getting your pokemon a different way like having to achieve something before I can get it.. Anyway, if you could whip up a tiny tutorial, that would be great, or even just giving me linkies :)
Thanks, FloatingClouds

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Hey, do you have a scripting compendium for Pokemon Fire Red?
Also I need help with PKSV, I have never used a scripting program before and want to learn, this has a script generator built in so it's perfect for starters. Anyway, I'm really confused, when I write a script it's what I want, but then I am consfused and may need to learn this to ever script for pokemon hacks but when where and how does the script take place after I compile/ add to the rom? Because I want to script some things at the start like getting your pokemon a different way like having to achieve something before I can get it.. Anyway, if you could whip up a tiny tutorial, that would be great, or even just giving me linkies :)
Thanks, FloatingClouds
I've frequently read around that XSE is more handy than Pokescipt. Anyway, regardless of which program you're going to use, you should check XSE: if you open it and press F1, it will list (all?) the scripting commands (actual hex value and given label) along with a short description of what they do. The .zip file also contains a comprehensive guide for beginners. You could also read here (although I think it's a little bit incomplete).

Years
So the starter pokemon editor only allows to change 3 pokemon, but I was wondering if there was a way to make it more then 3 available? Like 5, or 10 w/e. I saw a script that made an NPC give you the pokemon instead of picking them from a pokeball, this would be fine if you could allow for multiple pokemon. I'm just starting off and I googled and looked around quite a bit, most was about just changing the three starter's, not adding more.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So the starter pokemon editor only allows to change 3 pokemon, but I was wondering if there was a way to make it more then 3 available? Like 5, or 10 w/e. I saw a script that made an NPC give you the pokemon instead of picking them from a pokeball, this would be fine if you could allow for multiple pokemon. I'm just starting off and I googled and looked around quite a bit, most was about just changing the three starter's, not adding more.
Of course it is possible =)
You can do it through scripting =)
You just remove the giving starter script and make a new one =)

MayanMan2012

Pokemon Dawn/Dusk: Coming Soon
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2014
How do you edit the little pikachu icon in the top-right corner of the intro in firered? Or is it just a series of numbers found in UNLZ-GBA?

Thanks in advanced
~MayanMan

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Does anyone know where the offset to edit what Pokémon Wally uses when catching Ralts (Emerald)? I wanna change the Zigzagoon Norman gives him to a Pidgey or something like that. I'm using the event as a base point, but it's being used for something entirely different.

Years
Does Fire Red have an over-the-land type bridges instead of just over water? Which Tileset is it in? I tried 5 for Route 12, but those bridges we're over water and look awkward. I can't seem to find over the land bridges and since I can't figure out how to add new tile set's It would be my only way. I could create a "land bridge" but It would and does look awkward on my map.

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2014
Newcomer Questions

Hello PC!

I just started hacking a few days ago, and I've run into a few things that I don't know how to take care of. Thanks to the many different topics on this board, I was able to find answers, however, there are a few things I need a bit of help with.

I'm hacking Gold right now, and I noticed something with the ROM file: It's shot up to 128 MB! How can I re-compress this back to the original 2 MB?

And for a technical question:

The Maps of Cherrygrove City and Route 30 become offset somehow when I enter Route 30. I haven't messed with the Map Connections at all; just a bit on text in Cherrygrove Mart and some events in Route 30. I've made sure that the player cannot see any of the map border they couldn't see in the original, so whats going on? I'll provide additional details if needed.

Is it alright for me to break up the link to the screen shot of the offset?

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
alright, easy question. is there a limit to how many different kinds of blocks with animations you can place within one particular map in fire red? i have several different blocks with a river animation (similar to the river on route 10 in BW) but the waterfalls i had placed disappear when i go there in-game. theyre still there in advancemap, so this is the only thing i can think of why it would happen, but id like if someone could confirm it for me

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
alright, easy question. is there a limit to how many different kinds of blocks with animations you can place within one particular map in fire red? i have several different blocks with a river animation (similar to the river on route 10 in BW) but the waterfalls i had placed disappear when i go there in-game. theyre still there in advancemap, so this is the only thing i can think of why it would happen, but id like if someone could confirm it for me

Sounds interesting, can you provide a screenshot of both the map in Advance Map and actually in the game please? Not because you provided inadequate info, but to see what you mean by "disappear"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back