• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I also want to know what new Eevee evolution we are going to get, seeing all the speculations online I hope it is either flying, fighting, or dragon. That would be so BA to see a dragon Eevee
Like I said earlier: people seem focused on an Eeveelution being a certainty in this game. It isn't (yet). To end up not disappointed in the end, wait for confirmation that there will be an Eeveelution before speculating on what it is. Otherwise, you have all these great Eeveelution ideas but one doesn't get released.

I'm not getting involved in these other than discussing artwork ideas (which are a good discussion point for "it would be nice to see this"). As nothing is confirmed, I am not assuming there is an Eeveelution coming. If there is announced that there is, I'll discuss that then.

To the original remark to me that this thread is for speculation: yes. But too much speculation and saying the game needs this will make people believe it's coming, then there will be disappointment in the end for someone (not intended perhaps). Let's be honest: Gamefreak isn't following this thread. I'd be shocked if they were. Let's keep it more to discussion, less to speculation. Someone will be upset about a missing feature they think is coming otherwise.

Cyclone

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
@Cyclone: the thread's literally called X&Y General Chat and Speculation. There's nothing to discuss aside from our own speculations and what very little information we have available to us right now..

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
@Cyclone: the thread's literally called X&Y General Chat and Speculation. There's nothing to discuss aside from our own speculations and what very little information we have available to us right now..
Agreed. But I've seen numerous comments about "what will the Eeveelution in this game be" or such. An Eeveelution is not confirmed. Speculation is fine, but comments like this may cause others to think an Eeveelution is coming. That's my point here.

Cyclone

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Agreed. But I've seen numerous comments about "what will the Eeveelution in this game be" or such. An Eeveelution is not confirmed. Speculation is fine, but comments like this may cause others to think an Eeveelution is coming. That's my point here.

Cyclone

In that aspect, it's up to the reader to decide what to believe and what not to believe. As I pointed out it's a speculation thread so as it stands I'm pretty sure most people are aware that an eeveelution isn't confirmed. A simple Google search can clear up any doubts or rumors if somebody actually believes some of the speculation here. To limit the way people speak or word their sentences in a speculation thread is borderline ridiculous man (excluding forum rules).

blue

gucci
Years
We can't base it off a pattern since there's been a couple of occasions where we've had eeveelutons and then none. We could get an eeveelution with all this promotion of Eevee but then that could be irrelevant to Gen VI, we just don't know. It also could be any of the remaining types since they all have potential to be an eeveelution. IMO I think we could well get a flying type Eeveelution.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
We can't base it off a pattern since there's been a couple of occasions where we've had eeveelutons and then none. We could get an eeveelution with all this promotion of Eevee but then that could be irrelevant to Gen VI, we just don't know. It also could be any of the remaining types since they all have potential to be an eeveelution. IMO I think we could well get a flying type Eeveelution.

Flying type huh? I wonder what that would look like...I know I've seen some fanart of the remaining types not being used

blue

gucci
Years
I'm hoping something like this:
Spoiler:

It's like a combination of Altaria and Espeon which are two great looking Pokemon.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Oh that is cool-looking! I know I've seen some fan-art with actual wings that was executed rather well.

Might have seen the same for dragon-type speculation art.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
If they do give us Eeveelutions, I wouldn't mind if they give us 3 instead of 2 again. Something like a thematic trio of steel ground rock, or dragon bug ghost. The first is obvious, but the second is leaning towards types that represent species then elements. Alternatively, give us Flying Fighting, and call it a day.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Considering Eevee evolves to adapt to its environment, should we get a Flying-type eeveelution, wouldn't it be pretty neat if they introduced a floating island type area? I couldn't picture a better location for Eevee to adapt itself for flying than that.

It would also be a great chance to use an airplane, should there be any, at least until we can fly there ourselves.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Considering Eevee evolves to adapt to its environment, should we get a Flying-type eeveelution, wouldn't it be pretty neat if they introduced a floating island type area? I couldn't picture a better location for Eevee to adapt itself for flying than that.

It would also be a great chance to use an airplane, should there be any, at least until we can fly there ourselves.

or jet-propelled skates because we saw skates in the trailer!

Man, I'd love floating islands.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Though if it was a city in the sky, could that mean it might belong to people who are semi-human? =o I dunno, you don't really see a city up in the skys much, unless it belonged to a sacred tribe or something!

blue

gucci
Years
I'd like a new HM, something like Jumping which can allow you to Jump to certain platforms to access items and new areas maybe?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
New HM's? Well I would assume none, considering how rock climb and defog were the only new ones introduced on the DS, and they are practically non-existent now. I'd even wager no HM's for the game, considering how BW handled them.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
With TMs now becoming reusable and the existence of non-HM moves like Flash, there's really no point in having HMs back, because really, new players will think it's lame to have certain reusable moves that can't be removed easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back