• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

B2 team help

Angelroid

Sun X
Years
Just wanna know, if this would work in Wi-fi battling/other players.

Emboar
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Adamant
EVS: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Moveset
Flare Blitz
Superpower
Wild Charge
Head Smash

Ampharos
Item: Choice Specs/Life Orb
Ability: Static
Nature: Modest
EVS: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Moveset
Volt Switch
Focus Blast
Hidden Power Ice
Thunderbolt

Raticate
Item: Toxic Orb/Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Jolly
EVS: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Moveset
Facade
Sucker Punch
Reversal
Protect/U-turn

Cloyster
Item: White Herb/Life Orb
Nature: Naive/Jolly
Ability: Skill Link
EVS: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Moveset
Shell Smash
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Hydro Pump/Razor Shell

Bisharp
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVS: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Moveset
Swords Dance
Substitute
Sucker Punch
Brick Break/Iron Head

Haxorus
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVS: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Moveset
Outrage
Earthquake
Brick Break
Dragon Claw/Dual Chop

Last edited by a moderator:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I'll be honest... with this team... don't even try entering OU Tier 'cause you would be obliterated instantly.
But you can have a good battles in the other tiers...
I would change Emboar, though... Imo Emboar is the worst Fire Starter ever made and using him in competitive battling is a suicude... but that's up to you.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Yeah, this team isn't going to do well in OU, even if it has one of the most used Pokemon on it.

You have two Pokemon with Choice Bands, also. That's not always allowed since Item Clause could be in effect. I suggest that with Haxorus, you use the Life Orb. Outrage + EQ + Brick Break with Swords Dance can make that deadly. Use Swords Dance once, then annihilate everything in your way.

Haxorus is OOU (over-over-used) while most of your others are lower tiers. In an OU metagame, you're going to get flattened.

So that means you're going to have to make a few changes. Swap Raticate for Rattata - the best part about Rattata is that you don't even have to train it, just breed. All you need is Quick Attack and Endeavor. Give it a Focus Sash. Use Endeavor with your enemy's first attack, then Quick Attack so you strike first. BE CAREFUL what you use this against. You don't want anything that knows Protect or a priority move.

Emboar can be replaced by either Blaziken or Infernape. If it's Blaziken, some rulesets ban its Speed Boost ability obtained from the Dream World, so give it Blaze to be safe. Infernape is probably the better of the two when you don't factor in Speed Boost.

Now, if you're giving Haxorus Brick Break and also having a fighting-type on your team, Bisharp doesn't need a fighting move. Bisharp has a decent movepool and a good typing that's only OHKO'd by Fighting moves. I think. I'm not as good with the Gen 5 Pokemon >_>

Really, you're overdoing the Fighting-moves. Every Pokemon here seems to have one except Cloyster.

I do understand that you wish to use your favourites, but they can't always get you far. If you want to use them, go ahead, just expect things to not go well. Haxorus can't be used in lower tiers if you do go that route, but keep in mind what rulesets you need to follow.

Back