• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokeemerald] About the basics of Git and starting a project with the Pokeemerald-expansion

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
i get this after doing make

Spoiler:

not sure if i did it correct this time i retraced all my steps properly and carefully did it work and if it did where would the rom be???

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
i get this after doing make

include/global.h:68: syntax error before `<arm-none-eabi-as -mcpu=arm7tdmi --defsym L_RegisterRamReset=1 -o RegisterRamReset.o libagbsyscall.s
'
include/global.h:125: syntax error before `}'
Check the Line 125 of include/global.h. It looks like you miswrote something there.
not sure if i did it correct this time i retraced all my steps properly and carefully did it work and if it did where would the rom be???
It'll appear in the Pokeemerald folder with the name of pokeemerald.gba (or simply pokeemerald if you have file extensions hidden in your Windows OS).

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
it finally worked not sure what i did diffrent as i did the exact same thing lol but thank you so much

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I added as a new step to the tutorial in the main post, an explanation on how to uncomment the evolution parameters that are commented out by default in Egg's branches.
Also, I'll try to record the new video tutorial today. I've been having some issues so I couldn't record it yet.​

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Quick note, there's currently a new and very small Merge Conflict born from the fact that the battle_engine_v2 branch has a certain Hold Effect that the item_expansion branch does not.
Before or instead of updating the tutorial in the main post, I'm awaiting response from Egg since it's something that could easily be fixed by simply defining said Hold Effect in the item_expansion branch, meaning that in theory, the users wouldn't need to do any extra steps beyond what is currently mentioned in the main post of this thread.

If someone decides to merge the branches in this time frame, solving the Merge Conflict is as simple as deleting the lines automatically added by Git and saving the file.
https://i.imgur.com/AcmCpyW.gif

EDIT: And just as I hoped, Egg defined the Hold Effect in the item_expansion branch, so please feel free to ignore this post completely.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2021
Hi, I'm repeatedly having issues with this.
Spoiler:

Each time I've deleted the pokeemerald_egg folder and started again from the beginning. Not sure if I need to restart from even earlier in the process though.
Not sure what the issue is, I've tried different make -jN. This final one is make -j1.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Hi, I'm repeatedly having issues with this.
Spoiler:

Each time I've deleted the pokeemerald_egg folder and started again from the beginning. Not sure if I need to restart from even earlier in the process though.
Not sure what the issue is, I've tried different make -jN. This final one is make -j1.
The compiler is trying to find the moves MOVE_KING_S_SHIELD, MOVE_FOREST_S_CURSE and MOVE_LAND_S_WRATH, but those moves do not exist as they were redefined to MOVE_KINGS_SHIELD, MOVE_FORESTS_CURSE and MOVE_LANDS_WRATH a long time ago, naturally giving you an error.
You must be trying to use an old copy of my Level Up Learnsets file. The correct one can be found on Buffel Saft's thread, whose link I also included in the main post.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2021
Thanks, that's solved that error at least. Any idea for this next one?
Spoiler:

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
Years
Spoiler:

That's because a recent change afaik, you have to define them.
I defined them in species.h
Code:
// TODO: forms
#define SPECIES_PRIMAL_KYOGRE 888
#define SPECIES_PRIMAL_GROUDON 889
#define SPECIES_SHAYMIN_SKY 890
#define SPECIES_GIRATINA_ORIGIN 891
#define SPECIES_DARMANITAN_ZEN 892
#define SPECIES_TORNADUS_THERIAN 893
#define SPECIES_THUNDURUS_THERIAN 894
#define SPECIES_LANDORUS_THERIAN 895
#define SPECIES_MELOETTA_PIROUETTE 896
#define SPECIES_AEGISLASH_BLADE 897
#define SPECIES_HOOPA_UNBOUND 898
#define SPECIES_MINIOR_CORE 899
#define SPECIES_WISHIWASHI_SCHOOL 900
#define SPECIES_MIMIKYU_BUSTED 901
#define SPECIES_LYCANROC_MIDNIGHT 902
#define SPECIES_LYCANROC_DUSK 903
#define SPECIES_ZYGARDE_10 904 // 10 %
#define SPECIES_ZYGARDE_COMPLETE 905 // 100 %

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Spoiler:
Strangely, those 2 forms of Zygarde don't seem to be defined in the pokemon_expansion branch yet, they're only in the battle_engine_v2 branch, hence why you're getting that error.
Just drop them in the include/constants/species.h file like Jaizu says.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2021
Yup, that seems to have fixed it. I couldn't find the species file at first, but putting them in battle_config.h seems to have fixed it as well.
When I went to add them to species.h instead, it appears it's just the Zygarde species that are missing. Thank you both anyways!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Can anyone help me I am getting this error

arm-none-eabi-as -mcpu=arm7tdmi --defsym MODERN=0 -o build/emerald/src/battle_anim_effects_3.o build/emerald/src/battle_anim_effects_3.s
tools/gbagfx/gbagfx.exe graphics/interface/ball/particles2.4bpp graphics/interface/ball/particles2.4bpp.lz
tools/gbagfx/gbagfx.exe graphics/interface/ball/particles2.gbapal graphics/interface/ball/particles2.gbapal.lz
arm-none-eabi-as -mcpu=arm7tdmi --defsym MODERN=0 -o build/emerald/src/battle_anim_special.o build/emerald/src/battle_anim_special.s
arm-none-eabi-as -mcpu=arm7tdmi --defsym MODERN=0 -o build/emerald/src/battle_anim_water.o build/emerald/src/battle_anim_water.s
arm-none-eabi-as -mcpu=arm7tdmi --defsym MODERN=0 -o build/emerald/src/battle_factory_screen.o build/emerald/src/battle_factory_screen.s
arm-none-eabi-as -mcpu=arm7tdmi --defsym MODERN=0 -o build/emerald/src/battle_interface.o build/emerald/src/battle_interface.s
arm-none-eabi-as -mcpu=arm7tdmi --defsym MODERN=0 -o build/emerald/src/battle_records.o build/emerald/src/battle_records.s
tools/gbagfx/gbagfx.exe graphics/battle_interface/unk_battlebox.4bpp graphics/battle_interface/unk_battlebox.4bpp.lz
arm-none-eabi-as -mcpu=arm7tdmi --defsym MODERN=0 -o build/emerald/src/battle_script_commands.o build/emerald/src/battle_script_commands.s
tools/gbagfx/gbagfx.exe graphics/battle_transitions/frontier_logo.4bpp graphics/battle_transitions/frontier_logo.4bpp.lz
tools/gbagfx/gbagfx.exe graphics/battle_transitions/frontier_square_1.4bpp graphics/battle_transitions/frontier_square_1.4bpp.lz
tools/gbagfx/gbagfx.exe graphics/battle_transitions/frontier_square_2.4bpp graphics/battle_transitions/frontier_square_2.4bpp.lz
tools/gbagfx/gbagfx.exe graphics/battle_transitions/frontier_square_3.4bpp graphics/battle_transitions/frontier_square_3.4bpp.lz
tools/gbagfx/gbagfx.exe graphics/battle_transitions/frontier_square_4.4bpp graphics/battle_transitions/frontier_square_4.4bpp.lz
tools/gbagfx/gbagfx.exe graphics/battle_transitions/groudon.4bpp graphics/battle_transitions/groudon.4bpp.lz
tools/gbagfx/gbagfx.exe graphics/battle_transitions/kyogre.4bpp graphics/battle_transitions/kyogre.4bpp.lz
tools/gbagfx/gbagfx.exe graphics/battle_transitions/team_aqua.4bpp graphics/battle_transitions/team_aqua.4bpp.lz
tools/gbagfx/gbagfx.exe graphics/battle_transitions/team_magma.4bpp graphics/battle_transitions/team_magma.4bpp.lz
arm-none-eabi-as -mcpu=arm7tdmi --defsym MODERN=0 -o build/emerald/src/battle_transition.o build/emerald/src/battle_transition.s
tools/gbagfx/gbagfx.exe graphics/battle_transitions/frontier_logo_center.4bpp graphics/battle_transitions/frontier_logo_center.4bpp.lz
tools/gbagfx/gbagfx.exe graphics/battle_transitions/frontier_logo_circles.4bpp graphics/battle_transitions/frontier_logo_circles.4bpp.lz
arm-none-eabi-as -mcpu=arm7tdmi --defsym MODERN=0 -o build/emerald/src/battle_transition_frontier.o build/emerald/src/battle_transition_frontier.s
src/battle_util.c: In function `MulModifier':
src/battle_util.c:5589: `UQ_4_12_ROUND' undeclared (first use in this function)
src/battle_util.c:5589: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
src/battle_util.c:5589: for each function it appears in.)
src/battle_util.c: In function `ApplyModifier':
src/battle_util.c:5594: `UQ_4_12_ROUND' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [Makefile:255: build/emerald/src/battle_util.o] Error 1

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Can anyone help me I am getting this error

src/battle_util.c:5589: `UQ_4_12_ROUND' undeclared (first use in this function)
Reading the output provided to you by the terminal will most of the time give you a hint behind the problems you're having.

In this case, it looks like UQ_4_12_ROUND is not defined in your repository/copy of Pokeemerald.
It is normally found in the include/global.h file. Since that's one of the files where there's merge conflicts to solve when/if you merge DizzyEgg's main branches, you may have deleted it accidentally.
Check if it's there, and if it's not, define it just like it is defined on the battle_engine_v2, which you can check on Egg's Pokeemerald repository at GitHub.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Reading the output provided to you by the terminal will most of the time give you a hint behind the problems you're having.

In this case, it looks like UQ_4_12_ROUND is not defined in your repository/copy of Pokeemerald.
It is normally found in the include/global.h file. Since that's one of the files where there's merge conflicts to solve when/if you merge DizzyEgg's main branches, you may have deleted it accidentally.
Check if it's there, and if it's not, define it just like it is defined on the battle_engine_v2, which you can check on Egg's Pokeemerald repository at GitHub.

Thank you for responding

I did accidentally delete it however I started over and got a new error

make: *** [Makefile:254: build/emerald/src/pokemon.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Thank you for responding

I did accidentally delete it however I started over and got a new error

make: *** [Makefile:254: build/emerald/src/pokemon.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
That doesn't really tell me anything :/ ...
Could you take a picture of your terminal instead?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Sure

EDIT::: I fixed it, I restarted the whole process had to increase merge.renamelimit variable

Also is there a way I could build this so I can use it in PGE?

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    37.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
No, decomp doesn't work like that.

I see Thank you very much xD

Why does this Error pop up now?

$ git checkout battle_engine_v2