• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Modular Title Screen Example

Pikalex04

The Project Hyper creator (Discord: Pikalex04#3285
Years
Hi guys! I have difficulties with the configuration of the Luka S.J.'s Modular Title Screen script. And... Well, I don't understand the Ruby language (I'm following now the Marin and Luka guides), but I need to wait for understand better something like this! So, can someone send me a simply example of how I need to write my own Title Screen?
Oh, and sorry if my English isn't good, I'm italian so... It's a bit hard.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 14, 2019
There are preset examples in the code for it. They are commented out (with the # symbol... it makes them green and not actually executed as code when you do).

Just places those in the MTS Modifiers section and mix and match the pieces it gives you

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Hi guys! I have difficulties with the configuration of the Luka S.J.'s Modular Title Screen script. And... Well, I don't understand the Ruby language (I'm following now the Marin and Luka guides), but I need to wait for understand better something like this! So, can someone send me a simply example of how I need to write my own Title Screen?
Oh, and sorry if my English isn't good, I'm italian so... It's a bit hard.

Here a example:
Spoiler:

And will play this:
JDvCBHC.gif

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Please read the commented part of the script, or look at the preset examples. Everything is documented there.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
How can I let two Pokemons on the Modular Title Screen? For example, I want Lugia and Ho-oh fly along with the player.

Years
How do I edit the 'essentials' part to another word ;-; I'm just a nub at this,

Edit: I got that fixed and got a better title with Modular Title Screen but the sprites in the EBS always float

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Aug 14, 2020
How do I edit the 'essentials' part to another word ;-; I'm just a nub at this,

To change any of the graphics, you will need to go into the modular title screen folder and change the picture that says "essentials" and replace it with the name of your game

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Please read the commented part of the script, or look at the preset examples. Everything is documented there.

Error in Plugin [Modular Title Screen]:
SyntaxError occurred.
Line 68: Syntax error, unexpected ']', expecting `end'
] # end of config constant
^: [Modular Title Screen] Config.rb

I genuinely don't know what's wrong with this i even copied and pasted the example from above and it still gives me this error.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2024
Hello. This thread is from 2019/2020. Anything copied from it is more than likely not accurate and possibly will not work on the latest essentials. If you are looknig for help with the plugin, I suggest saying something in the thread you downloaded it from, as old information such as this does not help, and posting on it brings it to the front of the forum, potentially confusing other people into thinking it is a more recent thread.

Back