• 3 replies

Pia Carrot

Age 24
Male
Seen 20 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
820 posts
9.3 Years
Is there a way to enable this? I want to make and option where you can choose Slow, Medium, Fast, and then Instant text speeds. Can anyone tell me where I'd need to do this in the script editor and how?

I thank ye' kindly,
Pia Carrot

EDIT: Also, I'm using the October version of essentials (I think, the one right before the December release)

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!

Male
Lusolandia
Seen June 21st, 2018
Posted March 6th, 2015
577 posts
10.3 Years
Is there a way to enable this? I want to make and option where you can choose Slow, Medium, Fast, and then Instant text speeds. Can anyone tell me where I'd need to do this in the script editor and how?

I thank ye' kindly,
Pia Carrot

EDIT: Also, I'm using the October version of essentials (I think, the one right before the December release)
I haven't tested this yet, but I'm pretty sure you can do it setting all instances of "msgwindow.letterbyletter=true" in the scripts to "msgwindow.letterbyletter=false". Though if you mean adding an actual option to the Options menu, then it might take some more elaboration (sorry if I can't be of much more help >.< ).

xdanx

But you can call me Dan :)

Seen July 25th, 2012
Posted May 26th, 2012
42 posts
14.7 Years
Have you tried to put in the part on "Slow, Medium, Fast" a fourth field?
Anyway search "def pbSettingToTextSpeed" and change the "-2" for a lower value. I find some poccil notes to change to -999, but haven't tried.
You can change it to -999 but to be frank, with -20 or -30 is enough for message to show up instantly. -50 if you want to be sure.

Anyway, back to OP's post, adding a 4th option couldn't be easier, but, you have to consider that there isn't really a lot of space in options menu for an "instant" text. I think you can add it just by adding bolded text in the PokemonOptions script. You can find the lines just by using CTRL+F to search one of the words.

def pbSettingToTextSpeed(speed)
return 3 if speed==0
return 2 if speed==1
return 1 if speed==2
return -2 if speed==3
return -100 if speed==4
return MessageConfig::TextSpeed if MessageConfig::TextSpeed
return ((Graphics.frame_rate>40) ? -2 : 1)
end
EnumOption.new(_INTL("Text Speed"),[_INTL("Slow"),_INTL("Mid"),_INTL("Fast"),_INTL("Instant")],
Of course if you want to use a diferent word you can change "instant" and Instant" from the last line I've quoted to a different word.
Advertiser Content