• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Pokémon Masters: How to Recruit and Train Sync Pairs

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
We've got the details about recruiting new sync pairs and the micro-transactions available in Masters, as well as a list of all the sync pairs we've seen so far! What are your thoughts on the gem and Scouting Mission mechanics?

EEVEE

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Scouting Missions honestly seem more like a money grab to me, unless there's something I'm missing here. You need 400 Scout points to get a Sync Pair of your choice...but completing a Scouting Mission only rewards you with 3. And in order to get 3 Scout Points you need 300 Gems. What the heck is with this math?

Years
Not too sure about the math behind this, but it's no surprise seeing gacha-style random pulls available in Masters. I can definitely see myself spending a little bit to get my favorite characters, though it probably won't be often.

It is also unclear what happens when you obtain the same sync pair after already maxing their sync move level, because you cannot have more than one of the same sync pair.

Hmm yeah, good question here. Hopefully they'll be converted into something upon pull if you've maxed out their sync move level and not just disappear into thin air. Maybe an item to level up another sync pair's (that's of the same rarity) sync move? Or some kind of ticket you can use in a shop for items once you have enough?

Years
Those are pretty high numbers, but as long as it's only for Sync Pair of your choice I don't have a problem with that. I don't see myself ever (or for at least a long time) using those 400 points to get someone.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
Years
I'm kind of surprised at the options at this point, but it IS obvious more trainers will come soon... I'll need to be careful, I have bad habits with gacha games. But at least this looks like it has a better spin rate than Fate Grand Order.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Scouting Missions honestly seem more like a money grab to me, unless there's something I'm missing here. You need 400 Scout points to get a Sync Pair of your choice...but completing a Scouting Mission only rewards you with 3. And in order to get 3 Scout Points you need 300 Gems. What the heck is with this math?
You do get a random sync pair when you complete a mission, the points are just in addition to it. It's a safety net in case someone scouts a lot without getting the sync pair they want.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
The whole "getting 400 points guarantees you the sync pair of your choice" (basically there being a permanent feature that allows you to get any unit in the game without RNG) sounds pretty nice really. Although it hinges a bit on how easy or hard it is to obtain gems. Is 300 going to be a lot or a little?

Could use to bump up the number of points you get for clearing a scout mission though if there's no other way to get them, since only 3 per mission means you have to do more than 100 of them to get enough points for one pair.

Last edited:
Back