• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battlerock Galaxy!! - Rock-type Fan Club (ORIGINAL POST UPDATED)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Theme Song:
Spoiler:

Welcome to the Battlerock Galaxy. A place where Rock-type lovers can talk about their favorite Rock-type Pokemon as well as moves, abilities and anything else.

C6VUMs3.png
Rules:
1. All PC rules apply.
2. Try to be respectful towards other people.
3. Try to discuss only Rock-type Pokemon. In various situations, such as competitive play, you can compare them to non-Rock-types, but this is not to be abused.
4. Have fun.

Username:
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon:
Reasons for liking Rock-types:
Answer to current topic: (optional)

You can also answer a past topic if you wish to.

Members:
1. KorpiklaaniVodka (owner)
464.gif

2. Quajutsu - 22p
248.gif

3. Spoony6205 - 19p
111.gif

4. Ragnar0k - 14p
095.gif

5. VillageofDragons - 38p
306.gif

6. TwilightBlade - 21p
697.gif
565.gif
248.gif
464.gif
306.gif
142.gif

7. DarkSkys - 25p
074.gif
095.gif

8. R2J - 13p
095.gif

9. Sun - 20p
696.gif

10. ProfChaos - 13p
141.gif

11. kawaiimix - 10p
409.gif

Past Topics:
Favourite Rock-type move and why?
What do you think of the move Stealth Rock?
Gym Leader of the Week - Brock
Pokemon of the Week - Aggron

Pokemon of the Week - Aerodactyl
Create your own Rock-type move
Pokemon of the Week - Aurorus
Was Geodude annoying? Did you catch one?
What would your Rock type team be against the Elite 4? If you had to solo it, which one would you choose?
Pokemon of the Week - Tyranitar
In comparison to the other types, would you say Rock is good?
Pokemon of the Week - Rhyperior
Pokemon of the Week - (Mega) Diancie
Ideas for new Rock-type legendaries.
Pokemon of the Week - Tyrantrum
Pokemon of the Week - Kabutops
Pokemon of the Week - Omastar

Points System (Beta 1.1):

Joining - 10 points
Making a post - 1 point
Answering to the current/past topic - 3 points
Proposing a new topic - 3 points
The owner doesn't get any points.

Current Topic

Pokemon of the Week - Carracosta

CSS credit originally by Sheep; Image credit to respective owners!

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Username: Quajutsu
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon: Tyranitar
Reasons for liking Rock-types: I love their designs and they tend to be pretty good battlers with good Attack and Defense.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Username: Quajutsu
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon: Tyranitar
Reasons for liking Rock-types: I love their designs and they tend to be pretty good battlers with good Attack and Defense.

Yo, welcome. T-tar is probably my 2nd favourite rock-type, since it's so good in competitive play and has a badass design.

Years
Username: Spoony6205
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon: Rhyhorn
Reasons for liking Rock-types: What first drew me to Rock-types was the Fossil Pokemon. I love their history and that you have to revive them and that only two are introduced each game. I like that Rock-types are good offensively to Fire-types and Flying-types in particular, as my other party members are usually weak to those.
Answer to current topic: Stone Edge, Diamond Storm and Stealth Rock would be my top three. Stone Edge because it's powerful and useful in taking out Flying Types. Diamond Storm because it's powerful and does damage to all adjacent foes. Stone Edge because every little helps!

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Username: Spoony6205
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon: Rhyhorn
Reasons for liking Rock-types: What first drew me to Rock-types was the Fossil Pokemon. I love their history and that you have to revive them and that only two are introduced each game. I like that Rock-types are good offensively to Fire-types and Flying-types in particular, as my other party members are usually weak to those.
Answer to current topic: Stone Edge, Diamond Storm and Stealth Rock would be my top three. Stone Edge because it's powerful and useful in taking out Flying Types. Diamond Storm because it's powerful and does damage to all adjacent foes. Stone Edge because every little helps!

Yo, welcome to the club. I like Rhyhorn considering it's part of the Rhyperior line, and those moves are indeed awesome.

Wicked3DS

Years
What do you think of the move Stealth Rock?

That move always seems to kill me when I go up against it. I desperately need to remember Rapid Spin...

Years
Stealth Rock is great when you're using it, but sucks when your opponent does! Which I guess is true for any move but anyways...

So how do you combat it? You mentioned some moves but they're not really ones that I'm up on.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Stealth Rock is great when you're using it, but sucks when your opponent does! Which I guess is true for any move but anyways...

So how do you combat it? You mentioned some moves but they're not really ones that I'm up on.

Well... SR should be used on any competitive team imo, and most good teams should have ways around it (Rapid Spin - Excadrill, Starmie, M-Blastoise; Defog - Lati@s, Zapdos and Magic Bounce - M-Sableye, M-Diancie, Xatu).

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
It seems like people here really don't like Rock-types... -_-

New topic: Pokemon of the Week - Aggron

Aggron is a Rock/Steel-type Pokemon with 180 base defense and one of the very few Pokemon with access to Head Smash + Rock Head, which means it can be dangerous to face. On top of that, it has an expansive moves which includes Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock, as well as a Mega Evolution which transforms it into a pure Steel-type, which makes it ridiculously hard to hard to take out on the physical side.

So... what do you think about this Pokemon?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 2, 2018
Username: Ragnar0k
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon: Onix
Reasons for liking Rock-types: rock Pokemon are just really cool and powerful. And I mean look at the original anime! Who wouldn't want a giant rock snake. Too bad Brock was too dumb to remember he had it cause there were so many times Onix was useful
Aggron is a beast. He's got such a diverse move pool too. In game he can't be touched.

Wicked3DS

Years
Argh I meant to respond to the Brock topic but got sidetracked D:

Brock, despite being only the first Gym Leader, is pretty awesome. I find myself feeling nostalgic thinking of him because of having trouble battling him in the original games without getting a Mankey or having Bulbasaur/Squirtle.

Aggron is pretty cool. It got a lot better with it's Mega only having Steel-type and getting Filter for an ability since it was 4x weak to both Ground and Fighting-types without it. It's pretty strong and very aggressive looking as well, which I am a fan of.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
Since you joined my Fanclub, I'll join yours! :)

Username: VillageofDragons
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon: Aggron
Reasons for liking Rock-types: I just love how versatile they are, the types that they can be paired with, and how a lot of them can be used well competitively. Having at least one Rock type on a team is a great asset for that team. :)
Answer to current topic: (optional) See below

Favourite Rock-type move and why? It's got to be Stone Edge. The sheer power of this move is only outdone by the fact that it has a friggin' high critical hit ratio. I get scared to death every time I'm doing a Nuzlocke and the opposing Pokemon uses this move, knowing very well I might lose a partner for good.
What do you think of the move Stealth Rock? It's a great move to use and a must have for your competitive Rock type partner! It's very handy or damaging opponents for switching in and can even reduce how many chances they get to attack with.
Gym Leader of the Week - Brock: Brock is so awesome as a Rock type gym leader. He was the first one Ash encountered in the anime, and they journeyed together all the way through Diamond and Pearl and have been friends ever since. Brock is also funny in the anime when he hits on girls and it was always a good running gag for the show. I like that his Pokemon involve Onyx and Geodude, seeing as they both eventually evolve into very intimidating Pokemon (Steelix and Golem respectively). I also enjoyed watching all the different Pokemon Brock caught throughout the anime. I think Forretrees in the Hoenn series was definitely his strongest, since it had evolved from a Pineco and was only weak to one Type, as well as being a great attacker.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Username: Ragnar0k
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon: Onix
Reasons for liking Rock-types: rock Pokemon are just really cool and powerful. And I mean look at the original anime! Who wouldn't want a giant rock snake. Too bad Brock was too dumb to remember he had it cause there were so many times Onix was useful
Aggron is a beast. He's got such a diverse move pool too. In game he can't be touched.

Yo, welcome. Onix is indeed awesome in the anime even though I like Steelix slightly better.

Since you joined my Fanclub, I'll join yours! :)

Username: VillageofDragons
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon: Aggron
Reasons for liking Rock-types: I just love how versatile they are, the types that they can be paired with, and how a lot of them can be used well competitively. Having at least one Rock type on a team is a great asset for that team. :)
Answer to current topic: (optional) See below

Favourite Rock-type move and why? It's got to be Stone Edge. The sheer power of this move is only outdone by the fact that it has a friggin' high critical hit ratio. I get scared to death every time I'm doing a Nuzlocke and the opposing Pokemon uses this move, knowing very well I might lose a partner for good.
What do you think of the move Stealth Rock? It's a great move to use and a must have for your competitive Rock type partner! It's very handy or damaging opponents for switching in and can even reduce how many chances they get to attack with.
Gym Leader of the Week - Brock: Brock is so awesome as a Rock type gym leader. He was the first one Ash encountered in the anime, and they journeyed together all the way through Diamond and Pearl and have been friends ever since. Brock is also funny in the anime when he hits on girls and it was always a good running gag for the show. I like that his Pokemon involve Onyx and Geodude, seeing as they both eventually evolve into very intimidating Pokemon (Steelix and Golem respectively). I also enjoyed watching all the different Pokemon Brock caught throughout the anime. I think Forretrees in the Hoenn series was definitely his strongest, since it had evolved from a Pineco and was only weak to one Type, as well as being a great attacker.

Welcome! Brock is awesome indeed and Aggron is what I call the Brock Lesnar of Hoenn. lol

VillageofDragons

Years
Yo, welcome. Onix is indeed awesome in the anime even though I like Steelix slightly better.

Welcome! Brock is awesome indeed and Aggron is what I call the Brock Lesnar of Hoenn. lol

XD, that is so true of Aggron. I picked him as my favorite before even knowing he was the topic of the thread right now. :)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
XD, that is so true of Aggron. I picked him as my favorite before even knowing he was the topic of the thread right now.
1.%20smile.gif
Not to mention how badass its mega evo is.

New topic: Pokemon of the Week - Aerodactyl

Aero is a Pokemon with 130 base speed, which makes it one of the fastest Pokemon in the game. It also sports a decent base 105 attack and 60 Special attack and moves such as Stone Edge, Fire Blast, the elemental fangs, and Earthquake. On top of that, it has a mega evolution that raises its offensive prowess and gives it the ability Tough Claws.

What do you think of Aero?

VillageofDragons

Years
Not to mention how badass its mega evo is.

New topic: Pokemon of the Week - Aerodactyl

Aero is a Pokemon with 130 base speed, which makes it one of the fastest Pokemon in the game. It also sports a decent base 105 attack and 60 Special attack and moves such as Stone Edge, Fire Blast, the elemental fangs, and Earthquake. On top of that, it has a mega evolution that raises its offensive prowess and gives it the ability Tough Claws.

What do you think of Aero?

I think Aerodactly is an awesome Pokemon, and has been a competitive staple in Pokemon ever since Generation 1. It's a great asset to have on a team, and its double typing plus large move-pool and mega evolution makes it incredibly dangerous. :)

Back