• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"The person below me..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
It's been so long since I've played the TCG and I don't remember how many cards we start out with. I'll have to say false for not remembering.

The next person caught a duplicate Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Kind of. It does make some days a bit more bearable. When I was younger I copied some mannerisms of Ash because I thought he was so cool and being a pokemon trainer is way cooler than being some loser at school

TPBM has beaten the Emerald Battle Frontier

Years
False, I can complete the Battle Frontier in HGSS and Platinum, but not Emerald because of 1 symbol I did not collect, the one from the Battle Pyramid. I HATED that facility and am glad it did not return in other games. It was just glorified dungeon exploring. I did it once, took me 49 years to get like 3 bp, that one time was enough-- would not go back for 50 gold nuggets.

Tpbm got an evolutionary stone by super training?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
True, there are some serpentine Pokemon I like.

The next person has mispronounced a name of a Pokemon.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
True. I always think Gible is pronounced 'Guy-ble' not 'Gibble' for one.

The person below knows what a Shiny Gible looks like.

Last edited:
Years
True, man that was a nice walk back down memory lane.

Pikachu, Dragonite, Haunter, Vileplume, Gyarados, Flareon. I even remember most of the names.

Tpbm knows how this relates to Pokemon... P for Pretty, E for Elegant, R for Radiant, F for Fun, U for Urbane, M for Mysterious, E for Energy!

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was...
to catch them is my real test, to train 'em is my caaaauusee...
I will travel across the land, searching far and wiiiidee...
each pokémon to understand the power that's insiiiiideee... POKéMON!
GOTTA CATCH 'EM AAAAALLL
It's you and meeeee... I know it's my destinnyyyy-POKéMON!
Oooohhh, you're my best friend, and the world we must defeeeeennnd...
POKéMON! Gotta catch 'em aaaalll
It's you and meeeee... our courage will pull us through...
you teach me and I'll teach yooou... POOO-KéEEEE-MOOOOOONNN!
Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em aaalll... PO-Ké-MON!

For some reason, however, I cannot remember my mothertongue version :laugh-squinted:.

Darnit, I got ninja'd by like... 16 posts -.-"""
And yes, that is Celadon gym leader Erika telling Ash off for his lack of taste for perfumes
(Indigo League arc).

The user below... prefers the B,W,B2&W2 animated trainer sprites
over the artsy yet static X,Y,OR&AS mugshots?

Years
False, I like both. Gen 5's animated sprites do look cute, you do have a lot of energy and detail doing things like picking up a dropped item. But the gen 6 sprites are appeaing to me too because they are attractively designed and beautifully-dressed.

Tpbm has watched a Pokemon movie with their Pokemon-themed plush/action figure/ nendoroid/ some form of Pokemon companion.

Last edited:
Years
True, at least the Pokemon Yellow Pikachu sprite still looks delightful. GSC I think overall are more solid, but the point is conceded Pikachu has seen better days, not just with the most recent game sprite but the art style of the SM anime as well.

Tpbm doesn't have many if any friends in their day to day life who still play Pokemon, if you battle or trade it is usually with someone you met online.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
True although I know a few people who play Pokemon Go.

The person below has took an unevolved starter (Yellow Pikachu does not count) to the Hall of Fame.

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
Does plusle, mandatory partner and thus sorta starter in the first Ranger, count?(sapphire)
Or maybe riolu, since he's the quiz's outcome for sassy chaps in Explorers of Sky?(diamond)

Otherwise... nope xP

The user below... uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh...
Damien used recycle!
has a secret base and is willingful to share it here?
(at this point a fan-game or hack might do as well)

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
False, I don't participate in end games anymore and I only play for the story mode.

The next person has taught their starter Pokemon Surf.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Yes, I always teach it to my water starters

The person below me's favorite Pokemon is legendary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back