• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What all of you have done post-game while you have beat red and blue or yellow?

Years
I myself captured a mewtwo, was not really hard to do that, it just taked to thunderbolt many times to be low hp and throwing an ultra ball, until he uses recover 4 or 5 times until is low hp.
I captured a bunch of pokémon too.
Man, that was really good, i can finally have a mewtwo.
I think beating this game was worth it.
PS: Of the thunderbolt i am talking about, is that i made zena learn thunderbolt since she was a nidorina.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Unfortunately I just did kinda... nothing. I think when I was done I just moved onto other games :( It's honestly a bit of a shame there isn't much more post-game content other than re-battle the elite four over and over.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Outside of Mewtwo and rebattling the Elite Four, there isn?t anything to do but fill out the Pok?dex and the endless grind towards 100. E4 is the best means of doing so but Wild Pokemon works too if you dislike doing the E4 over and over. Almost wish you could rechallenge Gym Leaders in the post-game but alas this is Generation 1.

Years
Outside of Mewtwo and rebattling the Elite Four, there isn?t anything to do but fill out the Pok?dex and the endless grind towards 100. E4 is the best means of doing so but Wild Pokemon works too if you dislike doing the E4 over and over. Almost wish you could rechallenge Gym Leaders in the post-game but alas this is Generation 1.

I have beaten the e4 2 times, with my current team at level 61, but only my raticate defeated my rival's venusaur with hyper fang, and my whole team fainted (except my raticate), this at the first time, in the second time i buyed a lot of revives and full restores to be prepared for the e4 and my rival, this time my whole team didn't fainted like in the first time that i choose zena (my nidoqueen) to thunderbolt all of lorelei's ice and water pok?mon and also choosing kyle (my fearow) to try to faint all of her's pok?mon, i had to sacrifice him though, in my second time i also had been smart and choosing every pok?mon of my team when defeating my rival's pok?mon, and that, my current team is now level 67 and is composed of:
Zena (a nidoqueen level 67)
Kyle (a fearow level 67)
Dylan (a nidoking level 67)
Benny (a blastoise level 67)
Connor (a blastoise level 67)
and Smokeweeds (a vileplume level 28).
PS: Yes, i have a nidoqueen and nidoking in my pok?mon red team, i chose the two because i find unconfortable to have only one (nidoqueen or nidoking), so i catch the two at the time.
And yes i have a raticate in my team too.
And of course, i didn't bothered too much to train my vileplume but anyways i feel comfortable in my second time beating the game as i didn't let my whole level 67 team dying like in my first time.

Years
I have beaten the e4 2 times, with my current team at level 61, but only my raticate defeated my rival's venusaur with hyper fang, and my whole team fainted (except my raticate), this at the first time, in the second time i buyed a lot of revives and full restores to be prepared for the e4 and my rival, this time my whole team didn't fainted like in the first time that i choose zena (my nidoqueen) to thunderbolt all of lorelei's ice and water pok?mon and also choosing kyle (my fearow) to try to faint all of her's pok?mon, i had to sacrifice him though, in my second time i also had been smart and choosing every pok?mon of my team when defeating my rival's pok?mon, and that, my current team is now level 67 and is composed of:
Zena (a nidoqueen level 67)
Kyle (a fearow level 67)
Dylan (a nidoking level 67)
Benny (a blastoise level 67)
Connor (a blastoise level 67)
and Smokeweeds (a vileplume level 28).
PS: Yes, i have a nidoqueen and nidoking in my pok?mon red team, i chose the two because i find unconfortable to have only one (nidoqueen or nidoking), so i catch the two at the time.
And yes i have a raticate in my team too.
And of course, i didn't bothered too much to train my vileplume but anyways i feel comfortable in my second time beating the game as i didn't let my whole level 67 team dying like in my first time.
And something to tell, i didn't took me really that long to raise my team until 60, because in vba you can speed the game, but i wasn't really satisfied with my 60 team and i decided to train them until 65.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
Regardless of version, I'd try to update my Dex (I'd say 'challenge the Birds/Mewtwo', but that qualifies as Dex Completion.) grind certain fighters to lv100 (for eggs for other versions, gotta catch em all, and if you can't, breed + trade.) or just waste time at the Game Corner. (If it was Gen3, it would be Sevii Islands and numerous other post-game stuffs, but nope, it's Gen1, so not much else besides Game Corner.)

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
Well, original 1st gen was very odd for me. I tried to do every crazy little thing possible to prolong the actual game play... which would still end with beating the game and the sensation of running around circles, like in a bad tv rerun.

At which point.. I then would go all out glitch mode on the game. xD

Back