• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Restarting the Random Challenge

Years
i've been dying to do another one of these lol

Forum username: sydian
Game: emerald
Number of Pokemon: 6
Exclude NFEs: no
National Dex: no
Restrictions: just no wurmple/silcoon/cascoon bc they would be sitting ducks tbh.
Here you go. Let me know, if there are any problems with this team:
exploud.png
bagon.png
vulpix.png
tropius.png
crawdaunt.png
nosepass.png

And you know what? I haven't done this Challenge in a while, so...
Forum username: Janp
Game: Sapphire
Exclude NFEs: Yes
National Dex: No
Restrictions: Only Gen III Pokémon please. And something I can get prior first Gym would be also nice.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Here you go. Let me know, if there are any problems with this team:
exploud.png
bagon.png
vulpix.png
tropius.png
crawdaunt.png
nosepass.png

And you know what? I haven't done this Challenge in a while, so...
Forum username: Janp
Game: Sapphire
Restrictions: Only Gen III Pokémon please. And something I can get prior first Gym would be also nice.

you know what's funny i was just thinking "what if i get stuck w bagon" ahaha perfect. this team looks fun, i've really been wanting to use tropius for a while now.

hope you enjoy your squad. :)

011.gif
016.gif
060.gif
149.gif
128.gif
081.gif

Years
you know what's funny i was just thinking "what if i get stuck w bagon" ahaha perfect. this team looks fun, i've really been wanting to use tropius for a while now.

hope you enjoy your squad. :)

011.gif
016.gif
060.gif
149.gif
128.gif
081.gif
Tropius is great. It was on my main team during my first playthrough of Sapphire and I remember loving it.

The team is awesome. Thanks.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_RS_Cooltrainer_M.png

cool trainer al / emerald / badges: 1

Spr_3r_294.png

IGOR lv. 21
soundproof / relaxed
uproar / pound / supersonic / howl

i have a huge gap between my first and second party member and of course the first gym is rock and my first and only party member for a while is whismur. i play on physical carts so no hacking. whismur is so close in the early game that i didn't bother to just trade a whismur egg from another game, seemed like more hassle than it was worth. i started w torchic, since my rival's pokemon doesn't matter all too much in this game, and i just had to stealthily sneak past every trainer that wasn't mandatory until i could get my whismur. i then went back down to where it all started to work my way back to rustboro after defeating all the trainers. i took a shot at roxanne at level 18 just to see what would happen, but no dice. i decided to grind til i evolved, then i realized whismur learns supersonic at 21 if i delay that evolution by a level, and so i did, else i would have had to grind to 23 with loudred. it was a good choice. between good confusion luck and building up loudred's attack w howl, i was able to win against roxanne. it got dangerously close though bc igor's oran berry got used up sooner than i wanted bc of a crit, but still, i'll take only a couple of tries for a win. i'm not too concerned about brawly coming up bc i'm way overlevel w decent stats and i think brawly is easier in emerald than in ruby/sapphire, but we'll see.

edit for badge 2 bc not much happened between these updates:

Spr_RS_Cooltrainer_M.png

cool trainer al / emerald / badges: 2

Spr_3r_294.png

IGOR lv. 25 @ quick claw
soundproof / relaxed
uproar / pound / supersonic / howl

i have always given the letter to steven first upon arriving to dewford so i did that, got the exp share now so i wouldn't forget since i'll definitely need it later, and then i just kind of went for the gym? i didn't see much point in grinding since i was already level 24 after the few trainer battles and wild battles while looking for steven. brawly was nothing though. he didn't land a hit on me. i think my luck will stop here though lol. gonna get static out the wazoo in wattson's gym + he has a magneton that will be. interesting to get through. i do have howl though...guess we'll see.

edit for badge 3 bc again, not much changed lol i'll make a new post next time since things are about to get interesting

Spr_RS_Cooltrainer_M.png

cool trainer al / emerald / badges: 3

Spr_3r_294.png

IGOR lv. 35 @ silk scarf
soundproof / relaxed
uproar / stomp / supersonic / howl

thought i was gonna need to get a ton of money to buy flamethrower to get past wattson's magneton, but i didn't need to. i did end up paralyzed, but i got in a howl while fighting voltorb which was enough to one shot his entire party except magneton, which was a two shot. i saved most of the trainers on the nearby routes for nosepass, which i'm going to go get now. things are about to get more interesting, but in case anyone was wondering, loudred is a pretty solid pokemon.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_RS_Cooltrainer_M.png

cool trainer al / emerald / badges: 4

Spr_3r_294.png

IGOR lv. 39 @ silk scarf
soundproof / relaxed

Spr_3r_299.png

EARFQUAKE lv. 33 @ quick claw
sturdy / hasty
rock throw / rock slide / secret power / thunder wave

it took me way too long to find a nosepass lol i was wasting so much time by rock smashing everything and then leaving the room again to reset the rocks and then it hit me...dumbass just save in front of the rock until you get a nosepass??? so i did that like Once and got it lmao would have saved me time. training it to catch up or at least just be Usable was a paint, but we managed and nosepass was finally able to hold its own by the like 28. i gave it secret power bc tackle for general coverage just. sucks. i'll figure out what i want to do with it later. loudred has the same moves bc i just kinda need to see how the rest of the team comes together and i can let him make up the difference bc he has such a wide range he can learn. anyway, we beat flannery easily. nosepass was super useful due to having super effective moves. camerupt put attract on it and i swapped for loudred bc like. lol no. then i took it out after a howl + stomp and torkoal got the supersonic treatment, i howled again, and it was out with a stomp and never landed a hit. i'm probably going to go straight into the norman fight maaaybe after just evolving loudred and getting nosepass to at least 35. i skipped a lot of trainers in this segment bc i'll have two party members obtainable soon and they'll need the experience. so lol i'll probably be back to edit this in a few.

edit for badge 5

Spr_RS_Cooltrainer_M.png

cool trainer al / emerald / badges: 5

Spr_3r_295.png

IGOR lv. 40 @ silk scarf
soundproof / relaxed

Spr_3r_299.png

EARFQUAKE lv. 35 @ quick claw
sturdy / hasty

haha okay...may have gotten too cocky about this one. i leveled up on the gym trainers but didn't get loudred to 40 and i thought you know what that's fine i think i'll be okay. oooooh no lol. that slaking kept putting me to sleep and i didn't think to counter it out with uproar. and then nosepass couldn't do nearly enough damage. but i was like a sliver of exp away from evolving loudred so i just hopped in the grass to finish that up and get it to evolve into exploud. it just took one try after that and getting extremely lucky with building up howls during truants and he kept trying to use counter. i learned not to attack him the first few tries so lol wasn't gonna attach on the non-truant turns. but yeah the rest of his team didn't stand a change against +4 attack exploud w stomp. anyway it's on to my next section which i imagine will be the end of these super quick updates bc i have two back to back party members + playing catch up + backtracking for trainers i skipped. it'll be fun though.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_RS_Cooltrainer_M.png

cool trainer al / emerald / badges: 6

Spr_3r_295.png

IGOR lv. 42 @ silk scarf
soundproof / relaxed
ice beam / stomp / supersonic / flamethrower

Spr_3r_299.png

EARFQUAKE lv. 39 @ quick claw
sturdy / hasty

Spr_3r_357.png

I THINK lv. 37 @ miracle seed
chlorophyll / quirky
magical leaf / fly / growth / body slam

Spr_3r_342.png

MAGIC WAND lv. 38 @ mystic water
shell armor / jolly
surf / bubblebeam / protect / vicegrip

lol so first thing i double checked the rules to make sure nothing changed so i hope that even though i'm consecutively posting that it's okay since they're full updates but if y'all want me to just keep editing posts in the future then i can do that too, i did that for the smaller updates but now since i'm getting more party members and all i figured this was okay but UM ANYWAY my first thing i did was go pick up the amulet coin from mom after i beat dad then i surfed over that patch of water to get me back to cycling road so i could go up from there, surf across, get the good rod and also search for a tropius. it took very little time to find one thankfully. then i went back to petalburg to fish up a corphish which took a little bit of time, but i've done worse. playing catch up with them was. awful. corphish sucks and tropius is nothing to write home about either. i don't exactly have any TMs i want to teach them now either, but i pulled through all the new routes available to me by surf and all the trainers i had skipped by meteor falls and in the sandstorm area. it's still kind of a slog w this team, but i did give exploud some new moves for coverage, plus his sp attack is about 10 points higher than his physical? wasn't expecting that. anyway, with an overlevel exploud with ice beam and a rock type on my team, winona was pretty easy to take down. now to skip a bunch of trainers to get my next pokemon and one of the more difficult ones to keep useful...lol

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 17, 2022
You know what? Let's goooooo

Forum Username: LakeOverTheCity
Game Version: Fire Red
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions: No restrictions. I'll make whatever I get work for me. I can cheat Pokemon in if I have to as well

Years
You know what? Let's goooooo

Forum Username: LakeOverTheCity
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions: No restrictions. I'll make whatever I get work for me. I can cheat Pokemon in if I have to as well

glalie.png
mantine.png
spinda.png
dragonite.png
exeggutor.png
electrode.png

have fun!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 27, 2023
This seems fun, I'll give it a shot!

Forum Username: Jetien
Restrictions: No restrictions.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 27, 2023
Spr_3f_018.png
Spr_3f_057.png
Spr_3f_073.png
Spr_3f_059.png
Spr_3f_080.png
Spr_3f_117.png

here ya go friend.

Interesting! 4 Pokemon I've never used before so this should be fun. Doesn't look like a bad team. I'll be hacking in the Slowpoke on Route 1. Thanks!

Update 1:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 27, 2023
Update 2:

It's been so fun so far! I've whited out twice, once against Misty and once against Lt. Surge. Everything else has been pretty much a breeze. Slowpoke is powerhousing through a lot and I've never used Mega Kick before, so Mankey is having fun!

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_RS_Cooltrainer_M.png

cool trainer al / emerald / badges: 7

Spr_3r_295.png

IGOR lv. 44 @ silk scarf
soundproof / relaxed
ice beam / stomp / supersonic / flamethrower

Spr_3r_299.png

EARFQUAKE lv. 44 @ quick claw
sturdy / hasty

Spr_3r_357.png

I THINK lv. 43 @ miracle seed
chlorophyll / quirky

Spr_3r_342.png

MAGIC WAND lv. 43 @ king's rock
shell armor / jolly
surf / crabhammer / protect / vicegrip

Spr_3r_037.png

BOYISAGUN lv. 43 @ lax incense
flash fire / naughty
flamethrower / hidden power (bug) / confuse ray / will-o-wisp

this grind session was rough. i haven't exactly figured out what i want to do with the team's movesets aside from exploud so he's mostly the only good party member. crawdaunt is fine but will be better when i get swords dande and brick break. everyone else is up in the air but no matter what moves they have, their stats aren't going to change lol nosepass and tropius are bad...i'll figure them out. vulpix is up in the air too. i thought about looking for a vulpix with a special type hidden power, but i didn't want to look forever. ended up with this one with bug that i thought would be fine for back up at the upcoming gym. it was a good call tbh. i barely won, if not for crawdaunt being part dark and having surf. i'm really gonna have to toughen up before the last gym since i have 2 weak to water and 1 x4 weak to ice which i know pokemon in there will carry ice moves lol. pray for me...

edit for badge 8 since not much changed

Spr_RS_Cooltrainer_M.png

cool trainer al / emerald / badges: 8

Spr_3r_295.png

IGOR lv. 45 @ silk scarf
soundproof / relaxed
ice beam / stomp / earthquake / flamethrower

Spr_3r_299.png

EARFQUAKE lv. 45 @ quick claw
sturdy / hasty
thunderbolt / rock slide / secret power / thunder wave

Spr_3r_357.png

I THINK lv. 45 @ miracle seed
chlorophyll / quirky

Spr_3r_342.png

MAGIC WAND lv. 46 @ king's rock
shell armor / jolly
surf / crabhammer / brick break / swords dance

Spr_3r_037.png

BOYISAGUN lv. 45 @ lax incense
flash fire / naughty
flamethrower / hidden power (bug) / confuse ray / will-o-wisp

woke up some legendaries...lmao i wanted to save all the trainers out in the ocean for when i get bagon so my levels didn't come up too much, but i did give some folks some tms. brick break on crawdaunt is great, but idk what i'm gonna do about that last move. juan was not fun lol the first attempt i lead w exploud and then decided oh i bet i could just solo w crawdaunt after a swords dance + brick break lol well i didn't heal after fighting the gym trainers so i didn't have enough to outlast kingdra's double teams, rests, and juan using healing items. i reset when i was down to nosepass and crawdaunt w only water moves knowing i wouldn't live. i set up a couple of swords dance w crawdaunt leading the second time and wiped everything in one hit. time to get my final party member and try to make it useable...lol

Last edited:
Years

Random Challenge in Pokémon Sapphire

mightyena.png
beautifly.png
minun.png
nosepass.png
whiscash.png
dusclops.png

FINAL PART

Already finished my run.

Roxanne was pretty annoying, I had to level up to Poochyena to level 18 to evolve, since otherwise I wasn't able to even get past her first Geodude. And if I did, I lost to her Nosepass. With Mightyena I could at least take few hits and inlifct nice damage.

Brawly was pretty easy. I had Beautifly on my team, so his Pokémon didn't stand a chance.

Wattson was the last hard-ish stop for me. At this point I had Mightyena, Beautifly and Minun on my team, which means nothing effective against his Magneton. Once again I had to went in overleveled and with a lot of luck.

I'm especially proud on my strategy to beat Norman. Usually I go head to head with him and whoever's punches deal bigger damage won. This time I was sure my Pokémon wouldn't have chance, so I had to rely on Thunder Wave, Sand-Attack and Encore to cripple his Slaking. When his last Slaking was locked in Focus Punch that it couldn't even properly set up, I realized this is how Pokémon was meant to be played.

I was able to basically get my whole team after Norman and Winona. Her battle was also pretty funny. I went in totally unprepared and her Altaria wreck havoc on my team. I lost to her once, so I got myself Ice Beam TM from Game Corner and one shotted her entire team with just Minun and Whiscash. And as I watched her Pokémon faint, I realized this is how Pokémon was meant to be played.

Twins were a little bit annoying, since Solrock and Lunatone can take few hits and they have pretty nice coverage like Solarbeam and Flamethrower. But it was nothing I couldn't deal with.

After that the only real stopper were Steven's fossils. Cradily swept through my team like a butter. I have no idea what happened, but I did nothing to it and it completely destroyed my whole team. So that was last blackout right at the end of the game. And what was worse, Cradily was OP even on my second try. Toxic, Curse, Will-O-Wisp and more couldn't beat well. After so many Full Restores on both sides, Cradily finally went down. And Steven sent our Armaldo that took down Nosepass and Beautifly with one swing. Luckily, I could go with Toxic/Curse/Will-O-Wisp strategy again and beat it. Steven's final Pokémon was Metagross and with literally two Pokémon (and like 50 Revives and Full Restores), I once again went with Toxic/Curse/Will-O-Wisp. Well, without Toxic of course. And as I watched his Metagross faint, I realized this is how Pokémon was meant to be played.

Overall, I enjoyed this run a lot. It was relaxing, while not stupidly easy. My Pokémon had pretty straightforward movesets, but that was probably because it's Gen III. Thanks Sydian again for the team.

And here's Hall of Fame:
4LL4mrH.png

Team

mightyena.png

Hafik, Brave Male Mightyena
lvl 55, Intimidate @Lax Incense
- Crunch
- Dig
- Sand-Attack
- Swagger

beautifly.png

Buba, Sassy Female Beautifly
lvl 55, Swarm @Sharp Beak
- Silver Wind
- Aerial Ace
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

minun.png

Teford, Careful Male Minun
lvl 55, Minus @Magnet
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Quick Attack
- Encore

nosepass.png

Uteska, Careful Female Nosepass
lvl 55, Sturdy @Hard Stone
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave

whiscash.png

Pan Ryba, Impish Male Whiscash
lvl 57, Oblivious @Mystic Water
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

dusclops.png

Bafak, Timid Male Dusclops
lvl 55, Pressure @Spell Tag
- Shadow Ball
- Curse
- Confuse Ray
- Will-O-Wisp​

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_RS_Cooltrainer_M.png

cool trainer al / emerald / badges: 8 / champion

Spr_3r_295.png

IGOR lv. 58 @ soft sand
soundproof / relaxed
ice beam / shadow ball / earthquake / flamethrower

Spr_3r_299.png

EARFQUAKE lv. 55 @ chesto berry
sturdy / hasty
toxic / rest / rock slide / explosion

Spr_3r_357.png

I THINK lv. 57 @ miracle seed
chlorophyll / quirky
fly / sunny day / solarbeam / synthesis

Spr_3r_342.png

MAGIC WAND lv. 59 @ king's rock
shell armor / jolly
sludgebomb / return / brick break / swords dance

Spr_3r_037.png

BOYISAGUN lv. 53 @ lax incense
flash fire / naughty
flamethrower / attract / confuse ray / will-o-wisp

Spr_3r_371.png

OUTOFTIME lv. 52 @ quick claw
rock head / impish
aerial ace / double team / dragon claw / double-edge

i got my bagon and caught it up (sorta) to the rest of the team. it was awful. awful party member lmfao basically did nothing which is what i expected but i like my deadweights to do at least something and he did get a KO the first time i attempted the E4. note that i said first time. i made it all the way to wallace the first time and tried a good 10 times before realizing i can't get past milotic without getting at least two swords dances off on crawdaunt. note that i played in set and also don't use items in battle, else this could have been done long ago lmao. so i took my loss at some point to spend some more time grinding, which is easier said than done. crawdaunt and exploud were obviously easy to grind, but nosepass and tropius can't KO very quickly and i'm constantly having to go to the PC. we won't even talk about vulpix and bagon you can guess how bad that grind is lmfao. the first time through though, i did manage to use every party member at least once to get a KO, but the second time through, i just wasn't fucking around anymore and it was the crawdaunt show feat. exploud. drake exhausted my entire team at one point, but i managed. wallace...so i got off two swords dance while wailord was out bc he can't rly do much to crawdaunt and i was able to OHKO everything except gyarados bc of that fucking intimidate. he took out crawdaunt and i was like oh it's okay i have basically a full team. well guess who took out my whole team lol. i try again and manage to get lucky and OHKO everything, even gyarados, that time. so now i win. maybe i'll evolve vulpix and bagon now that the challenge is done and i can lift their restrictions lol. overall, this was a...shitty team that forced me to get creative, however i didn't get much chance to use the creativity bc vulpix and bagon just couldn't take any hits and weren't fast enough. crawdaunt and exploud were hella fun and i've always wanted to use them in gen 3 since last time i used them i was a kid lol. so yeah, difficult run, but i had a fun time. we'll see what i do next.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Might as well try this one,,

Forum Username: Kyatra
Game Version: Black
Restrictions: Can I have one of my pokemon be something capturable before the 1st gym, and no version exclusive please!

Years
Might as well try this one,,

Forum Username: Kyatra
Game Version: Black
Restrictions: Can I have one of my pokemon be something capturable before the 1st gym, and no version exclusive please!

simipour.gif
swoobat.gif
whimsicott.gif
bisharp.gif
carracosta.gif
galvantula.gif

enjoy!

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
Okay, let's see. I hope this team is okay:
Orbeetle
Steelix
Ninetales
Morpeko
Eiscue
Toxapex

So i know its literally been about a year since I responded to this, but do you think you could change the steelix? i completed the Pokedex on my main account and I don't wanna pay for another online subscription for trading for another since I don't wanna reset. everything else is fine regarding the new one isn't a trade mon.
sorry about not having said something sooner!

Years
So i know its literally been about a year since I responded to this, but do you think you could change the steelix? i completed the Pokedex on my main account and I don't wanna pay for another online subscription for trading for another since I don't wanna reset. everything else is fine regarding the new one isn't a trade mon.
sorry about not having said something sooner!
Not a problem at all. I rolled Coalossal for you.

Back