• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon potentially found in Pokémon GO network files

bobandbill

one more time
Years
New Pok?mon potentially found in Pok?mon GO network files

Putting the thread here as it is kinda relevant to two games.

Image is inside the article for spoiler reasons. Note this is not confirmed to be the new POkemon you can receive in GO from LGPE, but it's definitely in the GO network files, complete with shiny version.

Sirfetch’d

Not what I was expecting at all for the new Pokemon (assuming this is the new Pokemon that we are getting in LGPE and not an early leaked gen 8 mon that somehow was added to the GO files). That said, I am happy about it! I love blob Pokemon and this is no exception. It's quite adorable!

Years
It's certainly weird for a new Pok?mon to be put in GO and this early. But then again, GF tends to put everything out there for dataminers to find. It looks more like a Digimon to me or like some kind of placeholder before the real Pok?mon is revealed.

Years
Yeah I can't see this article o.o; *blink* Is it supposed to be in this thread? Just wonderin'

wdU6tGH.png

did you click on the read the article button above?

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
This... looks like a placeholder more than anything. Not an actual Pok?mon, lmfao. But if it turns out to be real, I wouldn't mind? I'd be okay w/it.

Maybe it's a Ghost/Normal type? If it's the real deal, anyway.

pkmin3033

Aww, I kinda like it. Inanimate object Pokemon are often the most interesting, and it could have some pretty cool evolutions. I mean, it's not like other generations have less original or organic designs, so why not? It could be worse - at least it isn't more furry bait trash like Lucario and Zoroark, or an overly complicated mess design wise. Sometimes simple is best, and it's pretty simple. I'd be fine with this being a real thing.

Years
It's apparently showing up in the GO Community Day event right now, fully animated and everything, so I'm leaning towards the fact that this might actually be a new Pokemon. I'm not going to form an opinion on it just yet since we know so little about it, but on design alone I'm not incredibly excited. Will be interesting to see if this speeds up the process of the new LGPE Pokemon being announced, or if TPCi/Game Freak/Niantic stay on course, and we're left wondering what the heck this is for a few more months.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
Either way, it is odd that there is so much confusion around it. It is not very appealing as a pokemon, but there are a good bit of odd pokemon. I was hoping for something better, but in truth, Im not looking forward to LGPE. I am awaiting Gen 8.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I mean it's like Ditto got its... head... stuck in some kind of magnifying glass.

Odd but cute!

Years
Personally I think it looks like a placeholder - it looks pretty rough and slapped together, doesn't match the style of the other pokemon.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Personally I think it looks like a placeholder - it looks pretty rough and slapped together, doesn't match the style of the other pokemon.

That actually makes sense. The fact that it transforms into Ditto the moment you catch it is probably a failsafe to stop people from owning it before it officially releases. Didn't stop me from snagging two which spawned in my room...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
If it's really a generation 8 Pokemon then... I'm a little disappointed and a bit worried.

The first Pokemon revealed for the past few generations have been some of the more recognizable/likable/well-designed/important for their generation. For example, Munchlax, Lucario, Zorua, Zoroark, Kalos starters and box legends, Magearna, and Alola starters and box legends. I'm a bit worried that they would look at all of the generation 8 Pokemon they have designed and choose this one to be the new "face" of the generation for a while, until they reveal more.

Not saying that I don't like the design at all or that simple Pokemon aren't great, but literally as a fact it just looks like bottom half of Ditto + bolt. There's absolutely no way they didn't look at this design and didn't think that people wouldn't immediately recognize this fact and get confused. So that's why I'm a bit skeptical. Surely they have other designs Pokemon as well and it worries me that if they thought this was the best Pokemon to use to introduce generation 8... then I'm not too excited about what the rest will look like.

Back