• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TERRA#493's Battle Stadium

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
Years
TERRA#493's - Wanna Ladder Matches!!!

Hi Competitive Battlers!

you search a CHALLENGE? When you want to fight
against me, just let me know it by reply here in topic,
or PM/VM me. I will play UU or NFE, you choose
which Tier we play. Good Luck and Have Fun ;)

banner.jpg

Last edited:

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jun 8, 2009
No offense big guy, but you gotta play against those threats to get better and learn how to beat them. Simply excluding them from battle won't help you as a battler. Not trying to flame you or anything, just saying facing those threats, will help you overcome. A good UU team CAN beat an OU team. It's all about predictions, EVs, movesets and knowing how to set up your opponent. :)

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
Years
I gotta agree with Falcon on this one; the entire point of being a competitive battler (a decent one, at least) is to build a team that can take down the kind of threats you listed. I actually run two BL Pokemon myself (for all I know they may actually be UU by today's standard, but I use them in OU anyway), and even then they have taken on higher tier Pokemon and come out victorious.

I mean, I hate Dragon Dance and Swords Dance and all that jazz as much as the next person, but they are viable moves. And instead of banning them, I just try to be sure I can prevent them from setting up. That can distinguish you between the commonplace battlers, and the higher-end battlers.

A well played lower-tier Pokemon always has a fighting chance against even a well played higher tier. Ask anyone who's battled me; one BL Pokemon I use tends to be a real pain to take down, just proving that the tier system is really just a mathematical method of separating summed up stats, and the lines between them are extremely gray. It's all about usage!

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
Years
Okay, listen:

The reason, why i made this rules, is, that i'm sick of see everytime the "overoveroverused" Team which seems like Infernape/Heatran, Blissey/Cresselia, Gyarados, Salamence and Lucario. I have no problems when seeing some original movesets like a sweeping Snorlax or a Heatran which works with Metal Sound, but when somebody can nothing other, like setting up Dragon Dance on Gyarados/Salamence, then sweep and when i resist their attacks, switch to the defense-goddess Cresselia, this battle is for me like a "repeat". And i cant enjoy those matches. And wifi-battling should make fun, or?

Last edited:

richdevildog559

My XBL GTag: X Factr559
Years
Okay, listen:
One reason why i made this bans is, because in my opinion lower Tier have no realistic chances against these banned Pokemon. We are honest: Its even for an OU hard, to take down a Suicune which has used twice or more Calm Mind. (Yeah, i know, Roar/Whirlwind lol). When you have no Tyranitar, Scizor or Heracross its hard for OU to take down Cresselia as well. What should lower Tier with her lower stats do against these? They have no realistic chance.

The secon reason is, that i'm sick of see everytime the "overoveroverused" Team which seems like Infernape/Heatran, Blissey/Cresselia, Gyarados, Celebi and Lucario. I have no problems when seeing some original movesets like a sweeping Snorlax or a Heatran which works with Metal Sound, but when somebody can nothing other, like setting up Dragon Dance on Gyarados/Salamence, then sweep and when i resist their attacks, switch to the defense-goddess Cresselia, this battle is for me like a "repeat". And i cant enjoy those matches. And wifi-battling should make fun, or?

my team for example, is almost OU there is one or two BL/UU in there. i went up against a total UU team. i didnt catch at first but at the time my fastest pokemon was 283, i figured "alright his team is a lower tier than mine i got this" but little did i realize that it was a Rain Dance team. so once he set up the RD i was completely screwed by his Ludicolo thanks to swift swim ability. So UU's do fair up against OU's, its just a matter of how well ur teams is built, what counters do u have for certain pokemon/situations and like Falcon said prediction and setting up.

here are a few UU's that kicked my @$$...
Porygon 2
Ludicolo
Yanmega <-took out my cresselia at the time.
Feraligatr
Arcanine

ezekiel112

currently inactive battler
Years
terra ill take you up on it. none of my pokemon have those moves anyway =P...cept yanmega which i got a replacement for.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
Years
I dont expected so much "unagreement" to my preconditions. I deleted all preconditions, is it now good? But honestly, i'm dont happy with that now.

@Previous Poster: Sure, lets battle. I come online now. Good Luck and Have Fun =)

ezekiel112

Years
give me a minute i just started a battle ill PM u when im done [=

alright im going to register you now

Last edited:

carter756978

Bass Player
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2013
I'ld like a battle plus i have like 29 new pokemon to test out!!!
FC:1762 9807 8251

ezekiel112

Years
battle again sometime? fillerr

REPORT TO LAST MATCH (V.S. ezekiel112):
Close as Hell! I'm really proud that i won this battle
(i must say, that i made at the end pretty good
prediction), but i'm much more proud because i won
against an good and such hard-to-beat battler in my
opinion. Epic Battle!

while i must say im flattered by your thoughts of me as a battler, i too have to congratulate you..you kept me on my feet and thinking most of the time and in the end you even out witted me [= much respect to you and if you ever want to battle just PM me

Last edited:

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
Years
Hi Challengers,

when you want to fight me, just replay here or send me PN.

WINS: 11 LOOSES: 3

REPORT TO LAST MATCH (V.S. Akutsuki no Tenshi):
Awesome but in some other wise terrible match oO.
At the end it was a looong switch-chain of me from
Pokemon 1, who resists one of the foe's move to
Pokemon 2, who resists the other move of the foe, but
then when the chance was here, to put the foe to sleep,
she gets such an awful crit.. and i loose my 2 Pokemon -
and with that this battle. Anyway I hope for a rematch-
you Lady with big skills ;)

PS: Here's the damage calculation how much Fire Fang would
did without the crit:
Damage: 143 - 169. And my Pokemon had
177 HP, so it would survived it without the crit barely ._____."

TWO IMPORTANT THINGS AT LEAST: GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN =)

What's the whole point of this battle thread if you're going to ban your weaknesses and it is not even restricted as a clause?

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
Years
What's the whole point of this battle thread if you're going to ban your weaknesses and it is not even restricted as a clause?

I can't understand you. The only thing i understand is, that i apparently ban my weaknesses - really, i don't know about? I think, everybody has weaknesses and i'm no exception. And why the hell you write to me, when you obviously don't like me? This thread here is an normal battle thread such as Richard Lynch's. When you have a problem with it, just go over the hills and far away =D

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
Years
I'm in need of Ladder Matches, equal if OU or UU, c'mon guys.

PS: Nobody wanna epic NFE matches here in PC? That's sad ._."

Max™

Needs to scarfduggy
Years
I think the reason following is that PC doesnt play NFE.

The tiers are (what I believe atm):
OU, UU, LC, Random though I think random is for shoddy.

Back