• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the song above you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
^Very nice! I don't really know how to describe it, but... 8/10.

"Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" by Jet
Spoiler:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
7/10 The bassline's really good! The vocals... not so.

Time for an old song:
Where did I go wrong by UB40

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
3/10 Can't understand the singer almost at all. Hated instrument choice. The musicality and musicianship didn't really make up for it. Overall style was very awkward. Thge only real redeeming portion I can think of is the horus was pretty good.

Now for some orchestral stuff

Arma

The Hyena
Years
8/10 Not something I could listen to all day, but this would fit really well in a game or movie.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
^ Didn't understand a word they said, but I enjoyed the beat! Latin music is not usually to my taste, but this was pretty good. 6/10.

"Better Off Alone" by Alice DeeJay
:

Spoiler:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
8/10
It's been ages since I last heard this song, I used to love this when I was a kid.

For some reasons that song reminded me of this one:

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
Years
Parts of the Piano was a bit too sharp. I wanted it to be softer. But I'm only being harsh because I love the original song with the vocals. That was actually quite nice.

7.5/10

Now for something completely unrelated to the above:

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
6.5/10
I'll give it the benefit of the doubt sine its a style I'm no fan of the style. For what it is, its okay. It has little to no variation throughout the song in tempo or much at all really. Not enough dynamic changes to keep me interested.

The Trees by Rush

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
7/10..Personally not into the style much, but its not bad. Not at all. Might actually listen to the Doors more from this. But this song in particular feels too repetitive in the pace of the song, kinda slow for my tastes. But again, Im gonna check out more from them, they sound promising for sure.

IDK how to make the link into the sentences and such, nor how to post the vids, so I guess link works until Im taught. Unless its cause I dont have enough posts :/ I never keep track of those.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
8/10~♥ Great Audioslave song! Love the vocals in Sound of a Gun! Love your avatar too, waffle! ANYWAY:

"5, 6, 7, 8" by Steps

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
^ Thanks for teaching me the link stuff aha :D

But On topic now,
song to me, Im a picky bastard, and its too...poppy? IDK the term :P
bout 6/10, but Im picky so I dont appreciate as much as I should..

Here's one of my favorite bands. But sadly I'm a fan of their singles more than other songs, which is against the norm for me. But Whatever. I like the calmish feel while retaining the almost minimal "heaviness" I need to listen to music. Which I hate that about me, my rock needs UMPH.

:P

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
8.5/10
Who doesn't at least like Zeppelin? As usual for them, great song. The main issue I have with a number of their songs is that it can take a while for them to get anywhere. The pace of the song seems just a bit sluggish to me.

Here's a song that you should remember if you grew up about the same time as me. When Pokemon originally came out, I was young enough to actually want and buy this CD, so i have this somewhere in my house.

Spoiler:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
6/10 Great...no, but it was okay:) I never liked the vocalist of led Zappelin, sorry. But, I gotta admit the guitar was pretty cool in this song.

Tarkan - Simarik (kiss kiss)

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
5.5/10
Just very meh overall, and the vocalist seemed really creepy for some reason.

Since mine was skipped over...

Here's a song that you should remember if you grew up about the same time as me. When Pokemon originally came out, I was young enough to actually want and buy this CD, so i have this somewhere in my house.

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back