• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Card hunting

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 24, 2018
Hi folks,

I'm on a bit of a hunt.

I've started to finally complete my card sets that I started when I was a kid; All sets from Base Set to the Neo's (excluding Base Set 2 but including Black Star Promos).

On my searches to fill in the gaps I've seen some of the artwork for the newer sets. I refuse to get drawn in to adding more sets to my collection (and therefore end up filling my house with boxes of cards) but, I can't help acquiring one or two cards that i really like.

TL;DR
To the best of anyone's knowledge, are there any more cards (from any known set) that tells a story other than the simple one of a pokemon's evolution.

Attached are 6 cards that I've recently purchased.

Tepig, Pignite, Emboar.
Set includes the evolution of the pokemon AND the growth of the trainer and his family.

Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard.
Set includes the evolution of the pokemon AND the journey of a lone kid to confident young adult.

Attachments

• Emboar.jpg
    Emboar.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Charizard.jpg
    Charizard.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 3

rawren94

A Wild Rawren Appears!
Years
There's actually a bunch of cards that tell a "story" so to speak. There's ones that actually show a story being told, and ones that are two cards that can be put together to make a whole picture, if that makes sense. Here is a list of (what I assume from my own personal collection) is a current set list for just story cards:

* Charmeleon 18/113 and Swablu 103/113 (in that order) from Legendary Treasures

* Natu 55/113 and Boufallant 107/113 (in that order) from Legendary Treasures

* Trubbish 67/113, Manaphy 36/113, and Empoleon 35/113 (in that order) from Legendary Treasures

* Meowth 67/108 and Inkay 47/108 (in that order) from Roaring Skies

* Plusle 31/111, Minun 32/111, and Scrafty 67/111 (in that order) from Furious Fists

* Execute 1/108 and Exeggutor 2/108 (in that order) from Roaring Skies

* Chespin 9/162 and Snorlax 118/162 (in that order) from Breakthrough

* Chikorita 1/122 from Breakpoint and Fennekin 10/124 from Fates Collide (in that order)

* Electevire 30/111 and Magmortar 11/111 from Furious Fists

Honorable Mention: This one is a singular card, but it does tell a story (a sad story) Cubone 77/162 from Breakthrough

Second Honorable Mention: Japanese Sunkern No. 191 Promo Card "How I Became a Pokemon Card"

Hope this helps!

Back