• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English release date! Revealed!

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I'm hoping they'll make the release date go in line with the release date for the Japanese B/W games, which would be in September. :B

That's shooting at the moon, here. I'm not expecting these games will be available to the masses outside of Japan until four months after the initial Japanese release, & that's my optimistic guess.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im hoping for it to be available in September or October, but wouldnt be surprised if it was closer to Christmas.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
Im hoping for it to be available in September or October, but wouldnt be surprised if it was closer to Christmas.
they said Fall 2012, which is from August to October, so I doubt a Christmas release, and I'm even more doubtful of a November release, because like i said before that would be a bad business move

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm going with the popular, mid to late September, belief. Though the websites selling the games say October, only they can do as much as theorize about the release date. As far as a Christmas release: yeah, no. No business man at GF in their right mind would do that. Sure, sales would be beautiful the day after, but they run the risk of under production, as well as demand severely decreasing afterwards, due to people having their minds set on Christmas, still. There are MANY things that could go incredibly wrong for GF if they did it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Will the English version of b2w2 correspond with the English dub anime? If so then the games should be released mid october.

There is a possibility of that, yes. That kinda stands with my, "we'll see when the game is released in Japan." statement earlier.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Most of the time the anime comes before the games, so it's highly proable that we will see them in mid october, possibly around the 15th-20th is my guess.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
If going with Sunday releases is the norm, then October 14 or 21 it is. My birthday's October 19, and I want to end my 18 years of "childhood" with some Poké-nostalgia.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If going with Sunday releases is the norm, then October 14 or 21 it is. My birthday's October 19, and I want to end my 18 years of "childhood" with some Poké-nostalgia.

My birthday's October 2nd, so I'm hoping for around that time as well, so I can ask for it as a birthday present ;)

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Based on websites dates and popular belief, I think they will come to the shelves in late September-early October IMO. The games would help Gamefreak especially to be that near to Christmas.

Years
wow so many October birthdays xD Well since it's likely to be october that would put it in either the 7th, 14th, 21st, or the 28th, 7 or 14 if they want to make it before the anime or 21 and 28 if after.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
wow so many October birthdays xD Well since it's likely to be october that would put it in either the 7th, 14th, 21st, or the 28th, 7 or 14 if they want to make it before the anime or 21 and 28 if after.

Most game releases are on Tuesdays, so if October then it would be the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, or 30th. If September, it'll be 4th, 11th, 18th, or 25th.

Years
Most game releases are on Tuesdays, so if October then it would be the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, or 30th. If September, it'll be 4th, 11th, 18th, or 25th.
Well in America Pokemon games have come out in Sunday's (Platinum March 22 2009, Hg/SS March 14 2010, and BW March 6, 2011 are just some recent examples), so those dates in my previous post are my American date guesses.
I do think Europe will have it earlier though seeing how they've been getting several games early, and didn't they get a recent game before NA did?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Well in America Pokemon games have come out in Sunday's (Platinum March 22 2009, Hg/SS March 14 2010, and BW March 6, 2011 are just some recent examples), so those dates in my previous post are my American date guesses.
I do think Europe will have it earlier though seeing how they've been getting several games early, and didn't they get a recent game before NA did?

Pokemon Wise, they got Black and White before America did. To my knowledge that's the only one.

Years
Pokemon Wise, they got Black and White before America did. To my knowledge that's the only one.
That was the one, so if you go by that perhaps they will get B2W2 earlier like BW and KH 3D. For some reason Europe seems to be quicker at localizing games than North America these days... my guess it'll proably be a week to two weeks earlier than us. Australia will proably get it a week after...

blue

gucci
Years
I'm hoping Europe get it earlier than the US again, it was a nice surprise and it would make sence considering it would be following in the pattern of BW. We might see that B2W2 gets released October 4th in Europe & October 6th in US as it did in March for BW.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Don't really want much of a time difference between the releases, tbh. Like really, having to wait six days after the original B/W release was hard enough. I feel like, it'll probably be two days between each country, so effectively we'd have an Australian release four days after which'll be great. :3 I'm sure they'll favour UK though, again. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm sure they'll favour UK though, again. :(

They always do. ;;
But, I would expect them to do it in the fall, of course, they could very well release it internationally the very next weekend/day. Who's to know?

Hopefully there just isn't a huge time difference. I'm more than certain that they've begun translating and are probably more than 90% done with the translations of the games, now they just have to begin the marketing campaign for it. So with all of that in mind, I really wouldn't be surprised if it takes about a month later.

Of course, then again they could have begun translating the moment Japan finished the game, sent out the coding and whatnot, and they are actually done with all of the translating and the processing and the marketing, and are just waiting for Japan to release theirs. In which case I could see them release it just a few days after.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
A worker at gamestop told me it'd be released mid/late October

Worker's at Gamestop will only tell you personal opinions or what their print out tells you. All stores and Websites that can Pre Order games right now will tell you sometime in October. That's not an official date though.

Back