• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
Is it strange for me to like the "Steven x May" pairing? Ever since generation three I liked this pairing.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Here is another reason for me to prefer May over Serena as Ash's love-interest-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnECjc7IoJU

See , I already found another Anime that has a Cuter version of Serena as main heroin.
But , I don't think I can find any other anime that has May as the main heroin.
Because May's design is unique and her copyright belongs to Pokemon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
What do you think of crossover ships? Here's a list of them.

http://shipping.bulbagarden.net/side/crossover.html

I am not a fan of any type of crossover in anime. Usually they are all fairly dumb and make no sense what so ever. For a crossover to ever work, they have to be in the same universe. That being said, only thing I would ever accept is another pokemon series crossover. Otherwise, anything that crosses over into the pokemon world is dumb.

As for AshxSerena. They are playing around with us now. Making it so Ash doesn't dance with Serena at the dance party. It also looks like that she will be leaving for a few episodes like Celmont did. Either that, or her dream will end to continue to travel with Ash. This will be a good that to enhance the shipping between the two greatly. If nothing happens before the League, I doubt anything will happen between the two.

Years
I never been interested in Ash pairings in the pokemon franchise. ( I dont even kown why).
But there is one particular pairing that I love to pieces which is the Hilda x N pairing from Pokemon Black and White.
Ever since that scene in Nimbasa City I been completely attracted to it.
Honestly I wanted there to be something more with N and Touko. I was happy when N was introduced but I dont recall there being any mention of Hilda/Hilbert.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
Why are many amourshipping haters on pokecommunity?

I'm new here.
I don't want to attract shipping wars, but I highly doubt that I'm the only one who likes amourshipping here on pokecommunity :) .
If my thread is inappropriate , please warn me because Im new here {:3} ..
But please reply me quickly because I'm impatient {XD}

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It was stated in one of the older interviews, during the days of Gen 3, that romance really has no place in the Pokemon anime, as it'll be too distracting from Ash's bond with his Pikachu, which is the main theme of the anime. But now it looks like the producers have turned back their word and try to shoehorn in amourshipping into the current anime, even though Ash is still oblivious to it.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
I am not totally against Amourshipping, but it was shown many times in the anime that it is onesided. Ash simply has no interest in Serena. Heck, I am willing to say he has bigger interest in Miette than Serena. That's my view on Amourshipping, onesided hopeless romance. Not to mention Serena has nothing in common with Ash. IMO Serena should finally give up on this hopeless relationship and look for people who has interest in her, like Tierno or Trevor. At least with Tierno she has common interest in dance ;)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
I am not totally against Amourshipping, but it was shown many times in the anime that it is onesided. Ash simply has no interest in Serena. Heck, I am willing to say he has bigger interest in Miette than Serena. That's my view on Amourshipping, onesided hopeless romance. Not to mention Serena has nothing in common with Ash. IMO Serena should finally give up on this hopeless relationship and look for people who has interest in her, like Tierno or Trevor. At least with Tierno she has common interest in dance ;)
But one sided is more child friendly and more enjoyable.But there maybe a chance that it may turn into two sided. But if it turns so , it'll be the last season of pokemon . Also,serena wants to keep it a secret until she confesses to him . So, ash does'nt know .
Well, what's your favourite shipping? :)

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
If you ask me, then I am Palletshipper, no matter how strange that may seem to others. I also support Orangeshipping, Contestshipping and Penguinshipping, just because I think those characters belongs to each others ;)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
If you ask me, then I am Palletshipper, no matter how strange that may seem to others. I also support Orangeshipping, Contestshipping and Penguinshipping, just because I think those characters belongs to each others ;)

Ok friend,
But, I prefer amourshipping ,because , Serena is the first one to have a canonical crush on ash (I don't know much about misty because many say 4kids added fake hints(Sorry .No offence)) .Also , Serena is known by ash more previously than other companions .
So I prefer it .Some people complain that she's always kind towards him and does not bicker with him . I would say because she doesn't bicker/argue because she doesn't want any fight between them. So,she's kind towards him. (only an opinion.Im extremely sorry if I offended anybody)
Who knows? maybe serena will travel with ash in next generations and become a stronger trainer, then ash might notice her :) (I only hope it happens)

Actually , shipping 10 year old's is not a good idea .Because shipping generally contains fan assumed theories .But she has a canonical crush, so I prefer Amourshipping . (just an opinion of mine ;) )

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Ok friend,
But, I prefer amourshipping ,because , Serena is the first one to have a canonical crush on ash (I don't know much about misty because many say 4kids added fake hints(Sorry .No offence)) .Also , Serena is known by ash more previously than other companions .
Yes, 4Kids went a little too far with Pokéshipping, but some hints were there in original too, including something in movie 2 (I actually plan to watch movie 2 subbed and compare it with dub, to see how far 4Kids went with it) or Misty Meets Her Match. However, for me, all chances for Pokéshipping ended with Misty's departure from main cast, as in the old saying "out of sight, out of mind". Sorry to all Pokéshippers.

So I prefer it .Some people complain that she's always kind towards him and does not bicker with him . I would say because she doesn't bicker/argue because she doesn't want any fight between them. So,she's kind towards him. (only an opinion.Im extremely sorry if I offended anybody)
Who knows? maybe serena will travel with ash in next generations and become a stronger trainer, then ash might notice her :) (I only hope it happens)

Actually , shipping 10 year old's is not a good idea .Because shipping generally contains fan assumed theories .But she has a canonical crush, so I prefer Amourshipping . (just an opinion of mine ;) )
I actually have similar explanation to why Serena is so kind to Ash (the kindest from all of Ash's girl companions). However, for me, Ash's lack of interest is proof that he may not be interested in girl at all, though I know it may be a little overboarded support of my shipping ;)
But you are right about shipping 10 years old. However, for me, shipping is more like future reference with whom the character may end when he/she will age (not that it will happen in the anime, but it still is interesting fan speculation for me ^_^).

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
The second Pokémon movie shows Misty to be jealous of the way Melody treats Ash and before you say Movies aren't canon this one is canon because Ash's encounter with Lugia was mentioned in one of the Johto episodes.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
The second Pokémon movie shows Misty to be jealous of the way Melody treats Ash and before you say Movies aren't canon this one is canon because Ash's encounter with Lugia was mentioned in one of the Johto episodes.
I agree with you
But there are only some UN-Edited hints by 4Kids on pokeshipping like pokemon 2nd movie and others (But not as many as amour . Maybe amour is one sided, But ash did'nt travel with serena to other region like orange islands to have feelings for her as much as misty)
We all know Dawn also gets blushed when lyra asks dawn whether ash is her boyfriend.
It's natural that many anime characters show jealousy, blushing etc.
I respect pokeshipping.(I used to like it before until I got to know of 4kids edits)
But what I say is you may also like AT Least one aspect about amourshipping ,if you watch it without considering complaints of other shippers (amourshipping is not too bad) (no offence)But the fact is many may not agree with me quickly.
What I wanted to say is Amourshipping is not too bad dude,U might like it if you watch kalos saga without nostalgia feelings .
Please don't start shipping wars -_- . I actually wanted to know why there are many Anti-amourshippers on pokecommunity {:3} and I was actually wondering if there are any amourshippers on this website {XD}
P.S:-Extremely Sorry If I offended you ;-;

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I don't necessarily hate Amourshipping, but I do think it is quite stupid. Even ignoring the points made by other users about how Ash is oblivious to her affections or even love in itself currently, there's also the fact that they strongly implied if not outright stated that Serena was Ash's first childhood friend, certainly his first female childhood friend (which, even ignoring Misty for just ONE minute, we've also got Gary Oak and Molly Hale who, last time I checked, WERE Ash's childhood friends as well, and in the case of Molly, is an ACTUAL girl, and I'm pretty sure they were his friends around the time Ash and Serena met going by flashbacks and Movie 3's photos.), and quite frankly, since they literally only met once very briefly, I wouldn't even say they were actual friends.

And having Serena pining for Ash all the time simply doesn't work when she's supposed to be one of the main protagonists. It wasn't good when the blonde triplets crushed on a jackal like Gaston in Beauty and the Beast, but at least there, they weren't the main protagonists or even major characters, so it's a bit excusable there. Not so with Serena when she's supposed to be one of the leads.

Probably the only positive I have to say about Amourshipping is that unlike a similar half-baked ship canonization at the end of Love Hina, at least Serena's actually NICE to Ash (in case you're wondering what I mean by that, the ending of Love Hina had revealed that Naru Narusegawa, of all people, was the "one" that Keitaru Urashima was to meet in College and hitch up with, Naru, the one girl who arguably abused him the worst of the girls at Hinata Inn, who are no saints in that department either, and all because of a really stupid game of patty cake).

Quite frankly, I don't go for shipping, not even Pokeshipping, since there's no love at first sight in this series (the gags with Brock and possibly Serena's views on Ash aside), there's not exactly much reciprocation even for the few instances of love at first sight used in the series, and besides which, they're 10 years old at most. However, I'd say Pokeshipping is probably a LOT more likely to happen than Amourshipping, and that's only because that's probably the only ship where Ash actually is shown to have mutual reactions to Misty as she does for him, more than just friendship (certainly it's the only one where Ash does react with something that could be considered jealousy if a guy is potentially going for Misty, like in Orange Islands).

EDIT:

@Horn: I wouldn't be too sure about that. I know Team Rocket's Radio Drama had an episode a while back where Ash, after tricking them into leaving by posing as Giovanni, talked with Misty and they at the end mentioned how they'll see each other again. At the very least, even if she's absent, that doesn't necessarily mean they stopped shipping. And bear in mind, this was late into Best Wishes. Besides, Pokémon Chronicles had some Pokeshipping hints in her episodes as well, and some of these hints, if anything, were CUT from the dub, and those were obviously after her departure.

Also, early in the series, School of Hard Knocks, Ash DID crush on Giselle, so don't think he isn't interested in girls at all. Yeah, I get it, you're in favor of a gay ship, but we do know he has canonically crushed on at least one girl.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
I don't necessarily hate Amourshipping, but I do think it is quite stupid. Even ignoring the points made by other users about how Ash is oblivious to her affections or even love in itself currently, there's also the fact that they strongly implied if not outright stated that Serena was Ash's first childhood friend, certainly his first female childhood friend (which, even ignoring Misty for just ONE minute, we've also got Gary Oak and Molly Hale who, last time I checked, WERE Ash's childhood friends as well, and in the case of Molly, is an ACTUAL girl, and I'm pretty sure they were his friends around the time Ash and Serena met going by flashbacks and Movie 3's photos.), and quite frankly, since they literally only met once very briefly, I wouldn't even say they were actual friends.
Well , friend
if u don't take my words offensive , Read this
There may be chances that ash and Serena talked to each other after they left the place and became friends.
Otherwise She wouldn't remember him for long.
Well this one sentence by me is the most offensive one
"It would not be good for ash to dump a girl who developed feelings for ash, way before misty.Misty is older than ash. She always thrashed poor ash.But Serena's sweet.She's kind to him "
If you have time watch this video by LumioseTrainerZac on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFhRMcqPk8c

I previously supported pokeshipping
But after knowing about FAKE and un-canon hints (except the movie 2 hints) which were added by 4kids,and after rewatching japanese dub, I felt embarassed of supporting it.(I respect pokeshippers .But Im not pokeshipping anymore)

Serena keeps a secret that ash must not know of her feelings.(you can see in "shauna knows serena likes ash" videos on youtube).
If you say ash got jealous of misty, Im saying that it's normal that anime characters show blushing ,jealousy and shy feelings.
Before you say ash has not shown any blushing/Shy feeling etc see the episode where ash gives Serena a gift and he is nervous there scraching his nose (from bulbapedia).(now please dont tell me feeling nervous is not a sign of showing a feeling)

My feeling is that Serena is the only one who is most kind towards ash (besides dawn, who mostly is like a best friend for him),but serena is most kind and polite towards him and also sees him as a hero.(even ash showed heroism in saving may in manaphy movie, But she didn't care for him and she liked that green haired idiot(i think his name is Drew))
Ash may be dense (stupid ash).He will be dense until serena reveals him. (he almost got to know that in that "shauna knows serena likes ash" episode).

U are thinking that pokeshipping is going to happen most likely. But the writers say that they'll never bring back misty again.(sources say ash hardly had a feeling for misty in original japanese dub (now again im telling except that 2nd movie thingy and that blushing etc and jealousy is common for many anime characters)).
I know you are a pokeshipper . But dont actually hate pokeshippers .
I actually get annoyed by haters.
Even if pokeshippers believe in their ship, why do they cry on amourshipping?
I think they must believe pokeshipping will be alive until it's in their hearts and doesnt get knocked down by other ships.
I would say I like amourshipping is likely to happen because it attracted many of the old audiences (except EXTREME pokeshippers.Remember only "Extremists" not others), also it's popular topic on facebook too. It's a ship between two main characters . Ash's outfit looks like Calems outfit .
I finally say pokeshippers can multi ship too , (like both poke and amour )
I know it's one sided . But when it becomes two sided , then it'll be the end of pokemon. But I want some amount of blushing from ash also.(It may happen in future).
Well , I suggest multishipping for pokeshippers if they are afraid of their ship sinking. (im an amour/pearl shipper) .
See this video by PokemonRangerBoy12 on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlbSOGDJ6jo
shipping is the most stupid idea.But Im shipping dis because It's currently the most canon now. (In canon shippings I would rate amour first and poke next)
extra:
I think short haired Serena looks good too (I mean Unique)
Also I don't want badass type serena because ash is badass and if serena is also badass, then they will be the same and that doesn't make a good match.(this issue is mostly complained on pokecommunity only)
P.S:- Sorry. I think I offended too much and also my english is bad.
Have a good day ;)
Don't forget to reply quickly brother .

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Well , friend
if u don't take my words offensive , Read this
There may be chances that ash and Serena talked to each other after they left the place and became friends.
Otherwise She wouldn't remember him for long.
Well this one sentence by me is the most offensive one
"It would not be good for ash to dump a girl who developed feelings for ash, way before misty.Misty is older than ash. She always thrashed poor ash.But Serena's sweet.She's kind to him "
If you have time watch this video by LumioseTrainerZac on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFhRMcqPk8c

I previously supported pokeshipping
But after knowing about FAKE and un-canon hints (except the movie 2 hints) which were added by 4kids,and after rewatching japanese dub, I felt embarassed of supporting it.(I respect pokeshippers .But Im not pokeshipping anymore)

Serena keeps a secret that ash must not know of her feelings.(you can see in "shauna knows serena likes ash" videos on youtube).
If you say ash got jealous of misty, Im saying that it's normal that anime characters show blushing ,jealousy and shy feelings.
Before you say ash has not shown any blushing/Shy feeling etc see the episode where ash gives Serena a gift and he is nervous there scraching his nose (from bulbapedia).(now please dont tell me feeling nervous is not a sign of showing a feeling)

My feeling is that Serena is the only one who is most kind towards ash (besides dawn, who mostly is like a best friend for him),but serena is most kind and polite towards him and also sees him as a hero.(even ash showed heroism in saving may in manaphy movie, But she didn't care for him and she liked that green haired idiot(i think his name is Drew))
Ash may be dense (stupid ash).He will be dense until serena reveals him. (he almost got to know that in that "shauna knows serena likes ash" episode).

U are thinking that pokeshipping is going to happen most likely. But the writers say that they'll never bring back misty again.(sources say ash hardly had a feeling for misty in original japanese dub (now again im telling except that 2nd movie thingy and that blushing etc and jealousy is common for many anime characters)).
I know you are a pokeshipper . But dont actually hate pokeshippers .
I actually get annoyed by haters.
Even if pokeshippers believe in their ship, why do they cry on amourshipping?
I think they must believe pokeshipping will be alive until it's in their hearts and doesnt get knocked down by other ships.
I would say I like amourshipping is likely to happen because it attracted many of the old audiences (except EXTREME pokeshippers.Remember only "Extremists" not others), also it's popular topic on facebook too. It's a ship between two main characters . Ash's outfit looks like Calems outfit .
I finally say pokeshippers can multi ship too , (like both poke and amour )
I know it's one sided . But when it becomes two sided , then it'll be the end of pokemon. But I want some amount of blushing from ash also.(It may happen in future).
Well , I suggest multishipping for pokeshippers if they are afraid of their ship sinking. (im an amour/pearl shipper) .
See this video by PokemonRangerBoy12 on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlbSOGDJ6jo
shipping is the most stupid idea.But Im shipping dis because It's currently the most canon now. (In canon shippings I would rate amour first and poke next)
extra:
I think short haired Serena looks good too (I mean Unique)
Also I don't want badass type serena because ash is badass and if serena is also badass, then they will be the same and that doesn't make a good match.(this issue is mostly complained on pokecommunity only)
P.S:- Sorry. I think I offended too much and also my english is bad.
Have a good day ;)
Don't forget to reply quickly brother .

Actually, I'm not a Pokeshipper, never have been, never will be, and I don't ship at all (I believe Love at First Sight as being the be-all-end-all to romance, thanks to Disney [The Little Mermaid, more specifically] and Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet among others. Since Misty and Ash NEVER fell for each other at first sight or acted lovey dovy, I can't support it at all, or any other shipping for that matter, and while Serena definitely has love at first sight going on her end, Ash also was not shown to even be receptive to her attraction either.). And quite frankly, while what you say is true that they could have talked off-screen, there was little indicating that they even talked offscreen. And even so, even ignoring Misty, Ash has had a few childhood friends prior to Serena, such as Gary Oak or Molly Hale. Plus, use common sense, if she was indeed his childhood friend, don't you think Ash would have alluded to her in some way prior to her debut?

And while Japanese notes did indicate Ash didn't feel for her, there have in fact been episodes where Ash DID feel Jealous of Misty getting attention from another guy, like Rudy and that other Orange Islands Gym Leader, heck, even in Princess vs. Princess where he said in a somewhat spiteful tone "You must want to be with Fiorella" before learning her motivation for participation in that contest was actually the doll set and had absolutely nothing to do with Fiorella (and for the record, those WERE in the Japanese version as well). If they wanted to have Ash be infatuated with Serena, they'd need to go the next level, like have him react in a similar manner to jealousy if any guy goes for her. That's what they did in Kanto, Orange Islands, heck, even Johto. And this is speaking as someone who is NOT a Pokeshipper for reasons I've already stated (the only way I'd be a Pokeshipper is if Misty and Ash's meeting was exactly the same in emotions as how Ariel and Eric fell for each other at first sight. Same deal with Ash and... well, any girl he travelled with.).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
And while Japanese notes did indicate Ash didn't feel for her, there have in fact been episodes where Ash DID feel Jealous of Misty getting attention from another guy, like Rudy and that other Orange Islands Gym Leader, heck, even in Princess vs. Princess where he said in a somewhat spiteful tone "You must want to be with Fiorella" before learning her motivation for participation in that contest was actually the doll set and had absolutely nothing to do with Fiorella (and for the record, those WERE in the Japanese version as well). If they wanted to have Ash be infatuated with Serena, they'd need to go the next level, like have him react in a similar manner to jealousy if any guy goes for her. That's what they did in Kanto, Orange Islands, heck, even Johto. And this is speaking as someone who is NOT a Pokeshipper for reasons I've already stated (the only way I'd be a Pokeshipper is if Misty and Ash's meeting was exactly the same in emotions as how Ariel and Eric fell for each other at first sight. Same deal with Ash and... well, any girl he travelled with.).

Bro I already said he did feel jealous .
But blushing,jealousy is common among anime characters.
Even dawn too got blushed when lyra asks her if ash is her boyfriend.That doesn't mean she has a crush on ash.
If ash only has a feeling on Serena , then would you prefer amourshipping?

Am I annoying?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
You can't say is oblivious to it. He asks Serena to join him. He gave her a hug in flashbacks. And he is extremely interested in what the girls are talking about. He is no where near as dense as he used to be. He is extremely curious. He acts totally different with Serena than any other girl.

He also cares a lot more about his group, especially Bonnie.

If you watch the anime, he slowly changes his interest toward Serena more than pokemon. When they first mention the pokemon videos, he said the pokemon was cute and note Aria. And then when questions came up, he directly told Serena that she looked cute or something looked could on her, that is without her asking. He became surprised when she was modeling. He gave her a gift. And he liked it when she made it part of her main outfit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back