• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hey guys, in FR/LG, is it possible to edit the ghost of Marowak battle in Pokemon Tower so that it's a different Pokemon? I tried my best to go into the script and change it, but it kept reverting back to Marowak.

You can't change the Pokemon which you battle in a regular FR ROM. JPAN's Hacked ROM has a special that allows you to battle other ghost Pokemon so I'd suggest trying it out.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
How do you make the press start in the titlescreen flash?

In Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, part of the tileset is cleared and reloaded every X frames, so you need to use that part of the tileset for the "Press Start" words.* In FireRed/LeafGreen, the a certain palette is changed to all black and reloaded every few frames, so you have to set that part of the tilemap to use that palette.*

*All from memory, may be wrong.

Years
-Firered
I was trying to import the hero sprite, but it gives me this message

Error during bitmap loading.
The palette of the bitmap you are goint to import is not a 16 color one

Yes that "goint" is actually there, so can anyone help?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
-Firered
I was trying to import the hero sprite, but it gives me this message

Error during bitmap loading.
The palette of the bitmap you are goint to import is not a 16 color one

Yes that "goint" is actually there, so can anyone help?

You need to index the sprite you are inserting into 16 pallettes. I suggest using Irfanview for this, then Decrease Colour Depth to 16, unchecking the dithering option.

goint was perhaps meant to be going.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
This question is most certainly out of place in a thread for "simple" questions, but the lack of any easily-findable ASM Questions thread leaves me with no recourse but to post here.

JPAN's FireRed Hacked Engine contains specials that copy and decrypt the data of a Pokemon to a specific offset. I am trying to make an ASM function that will take that decrypted data, and change the Pokemon's Personality Value without corrupting the Pokemon -- the result being that upon re-encryption, the Pokemon's personality value (and all linked data) is changed while leaving other data intact. Naturally, this requires that I rearrange all four of the data substructures within the Pokemon data; ergo, this is something for which only ASM is appropriate.

(The purpose of this? Simple: a Pokemon's gender and nature are both determined by the least-significant byte of the personality value. An Unown's letter is determined by bits found in each byte of the personality value. An ASM function that copies the contents of variables 0x8001 and 0x8002 over the personality value without corrupting the Pokemon allows one to set the letter of an Unown, and the gender and nature of any other Pokemon using scripting.)

I have attempted to compile my ASM code using the compiler (GNU Assembler, or GAS) provided by HackMew in their ASM tutorial. The compiler gives me only a flurry of errors. I do not know if these are bugs in the compiler (word-of-mouth says it's unreliable) or in my code.

The code, a commented alternate version -- comments broke the compiler, which is ridiculous in more ways than I can count -- and the compiler output, respectively:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

P.S. I am aware that my ASM is horrendously inelegant. It's the first such code I have ever written. It's the best way I could find to do what I am attempting to do.

P.P.S. If you're wondering what the comments regarding JPAN's pointers are, in my ASM code... JPAN's special stores pointers to the Pokemon's data substructures. I do not know if the other custom specials rely on those pointers. In case they do, my ASM will, after reordering the data substructures, replace those pointers so that they point to the proper sections. This would prevent problems from arising should one use one of JPAN's other Pokemon-modifying specials after using my ASM, but before re-encrypting.

So, does anyone know what's wrong? D:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
expanding pokemon quantity?

hi!
I wanted to make a hack of ruby which I will expand the pokemon bank.

before doing so, I just want to make sure no one did.... I look in the post and found nothing... can someone confirm me no one ever did it? I found nothing for it...

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
You posted this in the Game Development section which is not for hack-related questions. So I've moved it to the ROM hacking forum and merged it with the Quick Questions thread!

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
hi!
I wanted to make a hack of ruby which I will expand the pokemon bank.

before doing so, I just want to make sure no one did.... I look in the post and found nothing... can someone confirm me no one ever did it? I found nothing for it...

Someone did do it once but that person never released it. You won't find a ruby version with extra pokemon so you must do it yourself.

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
I've given up on my question now -_-

Anyway, How do 'Steal' a Pokemon from a trainer? I assume it's just deleting the script that prevents you from stealing it?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
How do you make overworlds disappear when you enter a map automatically, like after another event.

Sort of like when Team Rocket takes over a place, and after you defeat the boss all the grunts in the maps disappear?

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
I've given up on my question now -_-

Anyway, How do 'Steal' a Pokemon from a trainer? I assume it's just deleting the script that prevents you from stealing it?
I assume you mean in battle use a pokeball? You can't simply 'delete' that script, because it isn't a script. It was written into the battle system, and you'd have to use ASM to skip the check for a trainerbattle when you use a pokeball. It's not easy to accomplish, and you'd need knowledge of ASM. So if you REALLY want to, go for it :)

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
I assume you mean in battle use a pokeball? You can't simply 'delete' that script, because it isn't a script. It was written into the battle system, and you'd have to use ASM to skip the check for a trainerbattle when you use a pokeball. It's not easy to accomplish, and you'd need knowledge of ASM. So if you REALLY want to, go for it :)

Oh...A Patch wouldn't go amiss if anybody wants to upload one with that already done :P Yeah thats exactly what I mean btw sort of like a Pokemon Colisseum sort of thing.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Oh...A Patch wouldn't go amiss if anybody wants to upload one with that already done :P Yeah thats exactly what I mean btw sort of like a Pokemon Colisseum sort of thing.

Right, it's probably been done before by someone, but I doubt they'd have uploaded a patch... :\ Bring it up in the Research&Developement forum, in the question thread. People there could probably help you ;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2011
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to link battle music to a specific trainer class in pokémon fire red. I'm not talking about inserting music from another rom. For example the LEADER trainer class is linked to battle 3(hex: 0128 advance map) and CHAMPION to battle 6(hex: 12B in advance map). How do I give someone like a tuber(or someone else) a specific trainer battle song, that is my question. I can't seem to find another way to play a specific song during battle.

Thanks anyway :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
How do you make overworlds disappear when you enter a map automatically, like after another event.

Sort of like when Team Rocket takes over a place, and after you defeat the boss all the grunts in the maps disappear?

After defeating the boss, a flag will be set within the battle script; the script that lets you battle the boss. When a flag value is put in the person ID of an OW sprite, the OW disappears. If you notice the grunt's person IDs, you'll find a certain value (eg. in Celadon City, the person ID of the grunt's outside is 005F). Now, if you decompile the script of the boss in the rocket hideout, you'll find a command setflag 0x5F. After it is set and with the flag value in the person ID of the grunts, all grunts with that ID (5F) will disappear.

I hope this helps.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2012
I edited two maps for trial and error purposes(I'm new to this) and when I go from one map to the other, some of the tiles turn into seemingly random tiles. How would I fix this? I'm hacking Emerald.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back