• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

IRGSS[An RGSS clone for rpg XP]

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
Years
Ive been working on abit of a side project and decided to try and make a RGSS clone in ironruby

This is made to replace RGSS101 essentially and may have other functions for use

ok now that im done with the intro
IRGSS or IronRuby Game Scripted System will:
Use SDL for grphics and audio
Have access to all .NET classes
And will be playable on OS's that support mono(win32,win64,most linux and mac)

Im planing on make a release at the end of the year for a BETA release.

I'm hopeing to make fully compatable with pokemon essentals to allow mac and linux users to play great games made on pokemon essentals and rpg xp

IRGSS may include a way of bundleing your app into nearly a single exeacute

Im not sure if IRGSS is haveing support for mp3 tho

What do you think and consutve cristiom is fine by me

PS am im dislectic so expect spelling issues

all work can be viewed here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nu8v75kan1ltgvy/uqCoDT7SRy

Last edited:

Mugendai

Glitchologist
Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2014
This project sounds interesting, but you would also have to support RPG Maker XP formats as well, like the one for maps.

I assume you plan to continue using RPG Maker XP itself as the development environment for games run under IRGSS?

PinkCatDragon

Years
Yes i am planing to support rpg xp formats. You cant beat rpg xp editor.

Stuff-Contents other scripts
Test-Copy of pokemon essentals for testing purposes
IRGSS_Main-Main script
SDLDOTNET-Sdl for dot net and DL

Grphics are not working yet
Audio is not there yet
Load data/saveing is there
Script loading is also there

Last edited:

PinkCatDragon

Years
IRGSS is now start to load classes and "try to run them" under a stubed System
Normal Rpg Xp=50% Compleate
Pokemon Essentals=30% Compleate (Ironruby cant use Win32) Going to rewrite Win32 useing vbcodeprovoered and dll import

Vod

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2015
Ah, this caught my attention and made me remember Chaos Project's ARC because it's sorta similar but uses C++ and Ruby.
Will this engine be able to support rgss scripts as well? Or will this be only to make Pokemon Essentials compatible on other platforms?

Sorry for the questions. I was just curious.

PinkCatDragon

Years
Win32 calls now reroute to Win32/dllname.rb.
From there ironruby can ether load a .net dll to handle it or handle it self
eg
Spoiler:

Years
I'm sorry, but doesn't Essentials (and a lot of other RMXP scripts) use Windows-Native Libraries such as the Kernel DLL. Unles I'm mistaken even with Multi-Platform support, you'd have to change all the library names to something that other operating systems can use.

PinkCatDragon

Years
My engine rewrites win32 too look for a script.
so you would have to find a workaround and put it in a script like i did with the exmple above. Kernel32 is used mainly for ini functions like read private setting which could be handled by a vb class lib or some string functions in ironruby.
so as you said i could make the script load linux equivlent of the dll or i could rewrite it my self

PinkCatDragon

Years
To show this is still going on ill post one the scripts at the min
Script:Libs/RGSS/Graphics/RGSS_Bitmap.rb
Spoiler:

Back