• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years

user49351_pic42806_1274630763.png
"the slumbering beast from the haven has returned"

ROM Information

Code Base: FireRed [BPRE]
Author: Manipulation
Co-Author: Chibi Robo
Language: English

Awards

rF1O4Sr.png
BestMapping-1-1.png
BestScripting-1.png
MostGraphicAppeal-2xy.png

MostEngaging-2me.png
BestGameplay-2.png
OverallFavourite-1.png
FanFavourite-2.png

HotY-2-finalist.png
HotY-1.png

Features

• New Region - The beautiful and rugged region of Voultan will be home to many different kinds of Pokémon
  • Decision Based Storyline - Your decisions in-game will affect the direction of the story
  • New Tiles - Realistic and beautiful new buildings in each city
  • Focus Punch Trees - A larger tree can be hit with the move Focus Punch and rare Pokémon will fall out
  • New Pokémon - The region of Voultan is home to many exclusive species of Pokémon
  • Moves from 4th Generation onwards - Sienna has moves from the 4th generation onwards on top of every single 3rd generation move
  • Travel Between Different Regions - Visit old and foreign lands, meet new and familiar people
  • New Music - Sienna features excellence new music for some of its routes and cities

Storyline

The day has finally come, the day for your era to begin. After months of waiting, you hear of an opening at the Indigo Plateau trainer school in Kanto. After sending off your letter, your CV is rejected. Mostly because of your lack of experience; but, your alternative is to go out on your own journey. Challenging the gyms, and finally the plateau, in Kanto, should be no problem. But, the region is being disturbed by the up-rising of a mysterious team. This 'team' have been going around the region and causing havoc, stealing Pokémon and mugging shops. Will you merge in with the group, let them be, or will you stop them on your journey? It's all up to you!

Screenshots

s9KfPW9.png
fqJDdz9.png
fbMCwqq.png

KwTC50J.png
BF8UvXt.png
TFtPvFq.png

SvFqIAs.png
c370xpC.png
sienna12-2.png

966vk0U.png
HvRqqAv.png
j6YfcKC.png

mCUAMNV.png
X8et0BP.png
ExaSKqb.png

Team

• Manipulation - Everything
Ex-Team Members

• giradialkia - Music Creation
    [*]DrFuji - Mapping
    [*]Chibi Robo - Spriting
    [*]Luck - Mapping
    [*]sasquatchd00d - Mapping
    [*]Spherical Ice - Spriting/Ideas
    [*]Vrai - Ideas

Credits

• Fangking Omega and Mateo - New Tiles
  • Flandre Scarlet - Music Insertion
  • giradialkia - Music
  • DrFuji - Mapping
  • Chibi Robo - Spriting
  • Spherical Ice - Sprites
  • HackMew - ASM and General Help
  • thethethethe - ASM
  • jambo51 - ASM
  • Darthatron - ASM and General Help
  • cuddlesthefatcat - New Tiles
  • Truality - Sprites
  • mindfreak - Graphical Help
  • Riceeman - Sprites
  • Youji - Pokémon Sienna Thread Logo

Current Releases

• Final Release - With thanks to hacksrepairman
    Released: 13th August 2020
    Length: Complete
    Download: Complete Version
  • Beta 4
    Released: 8th January 2018
    Length: 8 Gyms
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dl43442jm2zi7dj/Sienna Beta 4.1 Fixed.ips
  • Beta 4
    Released: 27th April 2014
    Length: 8 Gyms
    Download: Beta 4.ips
  • Beta 3
    Released: October 2010
    Length: 7 Gyms
    Download: Removed
  • Beta 2
    Released: Early 2010
    Length: 4 Gyms
    Download: [removed]
  • Beta 1
    Released: Winter 2009
    Length: 2 Gyms
    Download: [removed]

Last edited:

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Sought of sounds like an original Pokemon game with a few little twists, I like the idea though, I think you just need a few more things to just spark this game into life.

Good luck!

The Ominous Plains

I'll make Userbars for You!
Years
I like the sound of this hack, although, what makes it unique?
What gives it that extra "zing" that will compel people to play it?

Logan

Years
Sought of sounds like an original Pokemon game with a few little twists, I like the idea though, I think you just need a few more things to just spark this game into life.

Good luck!

That was the main objective, stick to the old, Pokémon formula. Not nine million regions and fifty seven gyms.

I like the sound of this hack, although, what makes it unique?
What gives it that extra "zing" that will compel people to play it?

The thrilling game play of course. :3

Totally agree with Ominous Plains. You need to give it a little more, put some spice in it.

;) Wait and see.

2wnaa2h.png
ivk65t.png
2wqxu81.png
nbud86.png

Screen 1: Preview of a level script, that explains ongoings and where you need to go next.
Screen 2: Preview of the 'road block' event.
Screen 3: A preview of Atlantic Town, showing off the front hero OW frame.
Screen 4: Showing off the hero's trainer sprite.

Currently working on two more level scripts in Atlantic City, then going to start to work on Heathen Pass.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
From what I see on the first four screenshots, you're mapping like the original style, right?
This looks good. Very intriguing story. And, if you don't know, the "Spherical Ice" on the Credits is a link.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
I like this idea. But I think going through and fighting Team Rocket again will be a bit repetitive for some people. But it sounds like your really confident about this, so good luck with that!

Years
Yeah, I'm not really loving the Team Rocket aspect either. If it's a new region, and their aims are completely different, then why not make a new team altogether? But I'm sounding like a generic fool now, so if you have a good way to fit them into your story, then go for it :D.
Love that Trainer sprite, it's cool. Good luck with this, Manipulation.

Logan

Years
It's only really Team Rocket, because all their sprites and palettes etc. Are used in the ROM already. It was originally going to be Team Enigma, but we couldn't find any ideas or inspiration for making them. If anyone has an idea for their costume and all, just private message me or something. I'm willing to except anything that isn't basically editing or modifying original teams.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Team Enigma... how about using a Red-Black or Red-White theme?
And maybe give them hats like the lucario dude has. There's lots of possibilities when you make a hack based on a new region.

Logan

Years
From what I see on the first four screenshots, you're mapping like the original style, right?
This looks good. Very intriguing story. And, if you don't know, the "Spherical Ice" on the Credits is a link.

I'm making a mix of my own style, mixed in with the original style, I guess. Thanks, it's meant to be intriguing. But, I guess if people want a more detailed story, I can whip out the non-intriguing tl;dr version?

hmm, stick to the old forumal eh?
Like Rijon Adventures. Might be promising.

Of course.

I like this idea. But I think going through and fighting Team Rocket again will be a bit repetitive for some people. But it sounds like your really confident about this, so good luck with that!

I guess so, but, it's not really repetitive if the events are different, is it now?

Yeah, I'm not really loving the Team Rocket aspect either. If it's a new region, and their aims are completely different, then why not make a new team altogether? But I'm sounding like a generic fool now, so if you have a good way to fit them into your story, then go for it :D.
Love that Trainer sprite, it's cool. Good luck with this, Manipulation.

Thanks, Chibi Robo made it.

Team Enigma... how about using a Red-Black or Red-White theme?
And maybe give them hats like the lucario dude has. There's lots of possibilities when you make a hack based on a new region.

Hm.. Maybe. But, if you've seen my signature and avatar, the 'rival' has a hat like such. I wouldn't really want him to mix in with them. Red-Black is certainly an interesting colour scheme, might use that actually. Not sure about the hats though. I feel, with overworlds, you can express more about the person through their hair shading, than through clothing.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
>: Why do you have an awesome hero sprite?

Anyways, this loooks really good so far. I don't mind Team Rcoket, as long as they don't use repettive Pokemon, make them more than poison-type users. Your maps look nice and your use of tiles is good. The only thing I don't like is the generic red flower. I think you should palette edit it or change it. :3

And I hope to see good scripting, I can see you forgot to change the mom's text colour in the first screen. Also, I hope to see tha epic titlescreen you made, inserted.

Good luck!

And what's wrong with 53 gyms >:

Logan

Years
>: Why do you have an awesome hero sprite?

Anyways, this loooks really good so far. I don't mind Team Rcoket, as long as they don't use repettive Pokemon, make them more than poison-type users. Your maps look nice and your use of tiles is good. The only thing I don't like is the generic red flower. I think you should palette edit it or change it. :3

And I hope to see good scripting, I can see you forgot to change the mom's text colour in the first screen. Also, I hope to see tha epic titlescreen you made, inserted.

Good luck!

And what's wrong with 53 gyms >:

Different aims = Different Pokémon imo. Yeah, they'll use majorly different Pokémon. Be ready to be shocked, you'll have to train loads of different types to progress in this hack. I'm actually trying to find a nice new colour for the flower, any suggestions?

:)

Also, any thoughts on my change of intro colours?

dpej5x.png

Yes, it is Buneary, and yes they are the Platinum intro colours. Any haters?

The Ominous Plains

I'll make Userbars for You!
Years
Different aims = Different Pokémon imo. Yeah, they'll use majorly different Pokémon. Be ready to be shocked, you'll have to train loads of different types to progress in this hack. I'm actually trying to find a nice new colour for the flower, any suggestions?

dpej5x.png

Hmm, I would say go with Red, maybe thats just me.
I like the Platinum intro colours. This hack is coming along swiftly.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

dpej5x.png

Looks nice.
You could make the flowers a nice shade of red blue - shinx blue. :3

Hmm, I would say go with Red, maybe thats just me.
I like the Platinum intro colours. This hack is coming along swiftly.

Harry </3 red. D:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
okay, I realy like the trainer sprite. The overworld is great but the sides can be tweeked a little bit more for perfection. The Features are not that existing, nothing new :P. Oh, and Why is Buneray so low on the screen it looks odd. I also thought it looked odd where the dirt path then changes to bricks. Overall pretty good, Good Job.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023

dpej5x.png

Yeah, I'm a hater.
Robin Egg Blue>Everything.

And NarutoActor is right. It would look much better if the paths were separate.

Last edited:

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
I love it! I like the story, the sprites (,duh), BUT I don't like the the road connection on screen 2. Make those separate.

Back