• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

deets456

Uber Noob Wannabe Hacker
Years
hi great hack, but how come at the elevator I have a magnemite that knows thundershock it stil says that it's broken. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I like snakewood more and its his choice what he names it

And I just defeated the elite four...wierd I expected to battle Landon anyway I am stuck at trying to go to sootopolis how do I solve that maze through the cave that connects fortree and lilycove

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Heheh. Yes, I'm quite fond of my puzzles. The Inquisition Boardroom, the Madio Caves, the S.S. Cangrejo... and there are more to come, have no fear of that.

Also, there are 10 of them. Mikov, Bobov, Gunkov, Karkov, Robotnov, Rolv, Sputnov, Vladov, Adolv, and Asimov. Together, they are the Deadly Seven... or are they something more? Play on to find out...
What Ive found out is: All of them are insane. But right now, Ive gotten past them and Im now stuck in Madio Cave (the cave next to the Safari Zone) and I now dub that part your most evil creation so far....

EDIT: Im way past that stuff and Im taking a short break to get my mind ready for the Elite 4.

Last edited:

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
I am enjoying this hack immensely <3. It's definitely an awesome hack, and it was an excellent hack to play to pass Halloween.

I'm wondering though. I'm going to rescue Gaiels (or whatever the heck his name is) and I can't find their hideout, the desert is blocked by a rock smash thingy, and I can't cross the way to fortree because of blockages. So I'm like, "where do I go?" Q_Q

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Yep - but it may be a bad rom or a problem with the save (or something completely different). Unless it is vital to beat him, I think I can live without that fight ;)

BTW - I know that one of the catchable diseased Pokemon is Graveill, but I can't seem to find the second one...

And I think that the pets could be made more interesting - compared to the Pup and Sparkly pony, they are somewhat boring (mostly because they're old and well known creatures ;) )

Oh, and did You increase the chance to find a shiny mon? I've already found two random ones (a Zigzagoon and a Sandshrew)...

It's not vital to beat Norman. He's just a sidequest. And no, I haven't increased the shiny rate. I've never found any in Snakewood apart from the shiny Aerodactyl in the desert.
I liked my pets, but if you have any suggestions to change them - except the Thunder Cub and the Sparkly Pony - then I'm open to them.

The other catchable Zombiemon are Moulder and Yuck, and they will be available to catch in Senex's lair.

I like snakewood more and its his choice what he names it

And I just defeated the elite four...wierd I expected to battle Landon anyway I am stuck at trying to go to sootopolis how do I solve that maze through the cave that connects fortree and lilycove

You cannot yet go to Sootopolis; the hack doesn't go that far. I am in the middle of making that bit.

Now, the Madio Caves are a tricky puzzle, with a great many solutions. Only one route leads from the Fortree entrance to the Lilycove entrance, but tangents will take you to a hidden area where you may encounter the Pokémon Cinderco, to several trainers, to part of Fort Draco, to a secret area in Haruko's Gym, and even to alternate universe, although I haven't finished that part yet. In answer to your question, there is no easily memorisable way to get through the caves. All I can say is that, if you end up in the long, thin tunnel that's two walkable squares wide, go down the bottommost ladder and follow the path. I think that's the one that lets you out.

I am enjoying this hack immensely <3. It's definitely an awesome hack, and it was an excellent hack to play to pass Halloween.

I'm wondering though. I'm going to rescue Gaiels (or whatever the heck his name is) and I can't find their hideout, the desert is blocked by a rock smash thingy, and I can't cross the way to fortree because of blockages. So I'm like, "where do I go?" Q_Q

Head to the Island of Calm, that tiny island on Route 110. It's bigger than you think, and the guard should let you in now.

IMPORTANT EDIT: New IPS up! You can now progress after the Elite Four, all the way until you warp to Pacifidlog Town! No further than that, but still... It's good.

Last edited:
Years
hi i do not know what to do
i am doing the mission for spaner i got it but i don't know what to do next

Cutlerine

Years
hi i do not know what to do
i am doing the mission for spaner i got it but i don't know what to do next

Spoiler:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
I have recently finished the Elite 4 and made it to Pacifdlog Town. Im still wondering about the phone call my character got in the sewers, but Im in no rush to finish a good game. I will admit though, starting with Baltoy may have been a bad idea since even now, my Claydol is usually the first of my Pokemon to faint, and he's Lvl 100 now!

Cutlerine

Years
I have recently finished the Elite 4 and made it to Pacifdlog Town. Im still wondering about the phone call my character got in the sewers, but Im in no rush to finish a good game. I will admit though, starting with Baltoy may have been a bad idea since even now, my Claydol is usually the first of my Pokemon to faint, and he's Lvl 100 now!

That ringing phone... ominous, isn't it? However, you'll have to wait until I finish the abandoned ship in order to retrieve the Mystery Caller's artefact and discover what happens when you deliver it to him.

Otherwise... Wow, your Claydol's level 100? My six Pokémon (Radiorange, Buffalon, Zeburaika, Metagross, Emonga and Golem, as shown in the Hall of Fame screenshot in the first post) are all only level 60-ish themselves, and they've beaten everyone up to Pacifidlog reasonably easily...

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
That ringing phone... ominous, isn't it? However, you'll have to wait until I finish the abandoned ship in order to retrieve the Mystery Caller's artefact and discover what happens when you deliver it to him.

Otherwise... Wow, your Claydol's level 100? My six Pokémon (Radiorange, Buffalon, Zeburaika, Metagross, Emonga and Golem, as shown in the Hall of Fame screenshot in the first post) are all only level 60-ish themselves, and they've beaten everyone up to Pacifidlog reasonably easily...
Well......as per my username, I had to.....cheat. I used the MOD shop, inf money, and inf PP codes to actually make it through the game. Without the codes, I was never making it past the Mr Briny's hut.....That's how tough the game was for me....

EDIT: My team currently is Claydol, Exploud, Hariyama, Swellow, the shiny Areodactyl, and a Gyarados (from the Magikarp that held Surf). I would have never survived the game if I didnt use those RageCandyBars....And even now, my Claydol is usually the first of my Pokemon to faint, while my Exploud and Hariyama are my best two Pokemon.

EDIT 2: I dont know where this Meat House you talked about with the Water Pulse TM is...

Last edited:

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
Wow the Island of Calm was right under my nose. I passed by it like 7 times XD. So I just got to the intruder system part thing.

I can say two things about this part of the game.

1.) You know how to make a maze. Seriously, I got to the other side of the table and am trying to get past it. xD
2.) The Deadly "Seven" are so hilarious, I love them. XD

Cutlerine

Years
Well......as per my username, I had to.....cheat. I used the MOD shop, inf money, and inf PP codes to actually make it through the game. Without the codes, I was never making it past the Mr Briny's hut.....That's how tough the game was for me....

EDIT: My team currently is Claydol, Exploud, Hariyama, Swellow, the shiny Areodactyl, and a Gyarados (from the Magikarp that held Surf). I would have never survived the game if I didnt use those RageCandyBars....And even now, my Claydol is usually the first of my Pokemon to faint, while my Exploud and Hariyama are my best two Pokemon.

EDIT 2: I dont know where this Meat House you talked about with the Water Pulse TM is...

The Meat House is a hidden area only accessible after you've defeated Veracity. It's in an area that traditionally is of no use to anyone whatsoever. Maybe you haven't even visited it yet.

Wow the Island of Calm was right under my nose. I passed by it like 7 times XD. So I just got to the intruder system part thing.

I can say two things about this part of the game.

1.) You know how to make a maze. Seriously, I got to the other side of the table and am trying to get past it. xD
2.) The Deadly "Seven" are so hilarious, I love them. XD

Well, you can be reassured on two counts: 1.) The Deadly Seven return many, many times, and 2.) There are more thrilling mazes in store.

Since so many people have posted asking about the name, I'll explain it. Snakewood is one of the world's hardest and densest woods, with a specific gravity of 1.2. It even sinks in water. This is actually relevant to the hack, only I can't tell you why because it'll spoil the end.

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
The Meat House is a hidden area only accessible after you've defeated Veracity. It's in an area that traditionally is of no use to anyone whatsoever. Maybe you haven't even visited it yet.
EDITED: Now I understand what you mean....I had completely forgotten that place because, as you said, no one ever has use for that place...And now that I have explored there, other than Water Pulse and Meaty Bell, that place was a waste of time as far as I can tell...I still cant find Strength or get to the item at the end of the icy path near the monastery. Im gonna be steamed if that item is Strength though....

Last edited:

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
I love the Zombies thing keep it up.

Well, an interesting story, but I don't really like the ruby tiles. D: 80% complete, though, congratulations for an almost complete hack! :3

I'd rather see someone focus on the game than on the tiles, makes this hack a little different from the hundred's of clones out there.

Cutlerine

Years
EDITED: Now I understand what you mean....I had completely forgotten that place because, as you said, no one ever has use for that place...And now that I have explored there, other than Water Pulse and Meaty Bell, that place was a waste of time as far as I can tell...I still cant find Strength or get to the item at the end of the icy path near the monastery. Im gonna be steamed if that item is Strength though....

You can get to the item by going into the Frigid Way from the other entrance.

And the Meat House isn't a waste of time. Bringing a certain item to the Meatfather will yield interesting results...

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
You can get to the item by going into the Frigid Way from the other entrance.

And the Meat House isn't a waste of time. Bringing a certain item to the Meatfather will yield interesting results...
I was never really good with cryptic clues....@_@

As far as Frigid Way goes, there are only two entrances I know of (excluding the one near the cable car's old location), one of which, I recently found out, was the exit of Heated Path in the original Ruby. The other is the Sage's Path and when I start sliding on the ice to try and get the item, I map the place out, but there's no possible path to get the item from what I can see....And apparently, when I tried to use the Walk Thru Walls gameshark code, my VBA crashed, and right before I put the code in, I saved, but when I reloaded, I was back in Fortree City....

EDIT: What's even more interesting is the fact the Meatfather doesnt even want to see me. He keeps telling me I dont have a problem...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
This. Hack. Is. Amazing.
And about the damn part where I couldn't progress? I restarted my WHOLE game again, and I gotta say, Baltoy. Is. Completely. Useless.
The way I got through the entire game was to catch a Shroomish in Petalburg Forest, and then train it till it learns Leech Seed (Lv.10). Bingo, Leech Seed hurts everything in sight, and it saved my life on a fair few parts of the game. And I lol'd so hard at the following-

Like sprightly monkfish
We gamble away our souls.
There is no nutmeg.

All for your delight-
Though we are not here
Cinnamon is good.

Also, one question. At what level does Secretegg evolve?

Back