• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
OMG cannot wait for it looks likes a great hack and cannot wait for the mystery and exploration aspect of it love the good work keep it up

Hm I have an idea
So reggiggas is the main legegendary...
(Aside from this give him someting other than slow start and lower his stats)
Maybe the evil team could be working to use him to destroy the world
And you try and and stop them (with help) and they need the regis to awaken reggiggas and you are going to try and foil there plans and they awaken reggiggas but cant be controlled and goes on a rampage destroying a whole town and then you go after it and catch it with the master ball and defeat the rest of the evil teams forces

Hope thats a good idea :)

EDIT: all regis get released and can be caught in their respective areas

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
this is not another april fools prank right.its looks awesome and story is also great.
Haha, nope! This is the real deal! Thanks!

looks fun might want to try it
Thank you!

OMG cannot wait for it looks likes a great hack and cannot wait for the mystery and exploration aspect of it love the good work keep it up

Hm I have an idea
So reggiggas is the main legegendary...
(Aside from this give him someting other than slow start and lower his stats)
Maybe the evil team could be working to use him to destroy the world
And you try and and stop them (with help) and they need the regis to awaken reggiggas and you are going to try and foil there plans and they awaken reggiggas but cant be controlled and goes on a rampage destroying a whole town and then you go after it and catch it with the master ball and defeat the rest of the evil teams forces

Hope thats a good idea :)

EDIT: all regis get released and can be caught in their respective areas
Thanks! Your enthusiasm is appreciated! I don't want to divulge too much of the plot, but, yes, Regigigas is the "main" legendary and the Regis do play a part in the narrative.

The story is looking very promising! And the screenshots look powerfull! Good Luck with the hack and I'll be looking forward to LPing this on my channel!
Thank you!

Hack looks great congrats on the nomination.
Thank you, it's an honour to have been nominated at all!

8UR9TCC.png
xX77fCk.png
FC37NtD.png

Years
This hack looks incredible my friend, and i really hope we can see it fully completed!

Although, the starters you have chosen are not balanced at all.... Swinub has advantages on both Yamma and Tangela because of their types, and because it has a third evolution. Moreover, Tangela has a smaller move-pool because it only has 1 typing while the other two have 2 typings.

i would like to make some recommendations:

1. Make sure the 3 starters have the same amount of evolutions, preferably 3, because they usually have higher stats and better move-pools.

2. Make sure the typings are fair. For example, in the original games Fire is weak against water, water is weak against grass and grass is weak against fire. This cycle is VERY important, to make things more balanced. There are many cycles like this that you can choose from (Google, 'Pokemon type chart' and go to the first link, for help)

3. It would make "recommendation 2" much easier if all three starters had only one type (only for the first evolutionary stage of course)

I can't wait till the first beta comes out and i wish you luck!

Regards
That Guy You Can Always Depend On

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
People already told you this but, your custom sprites are superb! They fit the FR style very well.
The reason I'm looking forward to the completion of this hack isn't only because of that though:
I liked Cobalt a lot, so I can expect this one to be good as well. :)

Years
Wow.... Just took a look at this thread for the first time and just... wow...
The Relicanth wall looks amazing, as does the Ho-oh building on the mountain top... And actually all of the maps do.

Mhmm... A region full of secrets, treasures and nature ? Awesome. I like that :D I love exploration.

Really looking forward to playing this game !

I also love the starters... Btw, how is Tangela a hard choice ? It's supposed to be a fully evolved pokemon before gen 4... I think ima take that cute Yanma though <3

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
The screenshots look amazing! I think the new tiles look very well with FR tiles.
I can't wait to play this!

Best of luck, I'll be playing this once it's released. :)

tokohana

Years
This hack looks incredible my friend, and i really hope we can see it fully completed!

Although, the starters you have chosen are not balanced at all.... Swinub has advantages on both Yamma and Tangela because of their types, and because it has a third evolution. Moreover, Tangela has a smaller move-pool because it only has 1 typing while the other two have 2 typings.

i would like to make some recommendations:

1. Make sure the 3 starters have the same amount of evolutions, preferably 3, because they usually have higher stats and better move-pools.

2. Make sure the typings are fair. For example, in the original games Fire is weak against water, water is weak against grass and grass is weak against fire. This cycle is VERY important, to make things more balanced. There are many cycles like this that you can choose from (Google, 'Pokemon type chart' and go to the first link, for help)

3. It would make "recommendation 2" much easier if all three starters had only one type (only for the first evolutionary stage of course)

I can't wait till the first beta comes out and i wish you luck!

Regards
That Guy You Can Always Depend On
Thank you! I agree with your sentiments regarding the starters. In fact, I'm increasingly leaning towards just using the Generation 4 starters.

People already told you this but, your custom sprites are superb! They fit the FR style very well.
The reason I'm looking forward to the completion of this hack isn't only because of that though:
I liked Cobalt a lot, so I can expect this one to be good as well. :)
Thank you!

Wow.... Just took a look at this thread for the first time and just... wow...
The Relicanth wall looks amazing, as does the Ho-oh building on the mountain top... And actually all of the maps do.

Mhmm... A region full of secrets, treasures and nature ? Awesome. I like that :D I love exploration.

Really looking forward to playing this game !

I also love the starters... Btw, how is Tangela a hard choice ? It's supposed to be a fully evolved pokemon before gen 4... I think ima take that cute Yanma though <3
Thanks!

I got bored and made this userbar for you :P

Code:
[PLAIN][URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326118"][IMG]http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a551/Lehux/Userbars/PokeacutemonGaiaUserbar_zpsa48ad59c.png[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]
Thank you! I've added it to the first post, with credit.

I think I would do a Let's Play of this game when the beta comes out!
I look forward to it!

I can't wait to play this game, it looks amazing!!!
Thanks!

The screenshots look amazing! I think the new tiles look very well with FR tiles.
I can't wait to play this!

Best of luck, I'll be playing this once it's released. :)

tokohana
Thank you!

Can you make TMs reusable like X/Y
If I can work out how to, I will implement this, but it isn't my priority at the moment.

Enjoy your sticky for a month, you deserve it ^___^.
Thank you, and thanks to everyone who supported the hack in Hack of the Month. It means a lot!

Nice hack i like the screenshots cant wait to play
Thank you!

Would you be able to change sprits of heros? AND CANT WAIT FOR THE RELEASES :/
Yes, eventually all of the characters will have unique sprites and designs (i.e. the player, Professor Redwood, the rival, Gym Leaders, etc.).

Progress has been sort of slow because of RL reasons, but here's a screenshot of the Letter item:

mQ4VaXg.png

anaphysik

Wahahahahawntah~!
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2019
I agree with your sentiments regarding the starters. In fact, I'm increasingly leaning towards just using the Generation 4 starters.
Meh, I like the Ancient Power theme; feels like a good fit with the rest of the hack, and makes it even more different from the 'standard pokemon game.' Just consider editing the stats a bit to make them more close (and/or consider the earlier suggestion to give a stat-lowered Piloswine instead of Swinub). "Type balance" is really only meaningful for the rival who picks a starter after you - and even then it only *really* matters in the early game, before you get a chance to build up a team, as you can always add someone who's strong against your rival's mon.

The one thing that I would note is that it would be weird for the Ancient Power mons to be presented as the standard league starters, and I don't think that they should be presented as such - instead:
a) you could have them be given out by a 'follower of the old ways' person instead of the professor;
b) they could be a part of the professor's research into ancient pokemon;
c) they could be featured prominently in the iconography on the local ruins, and so have mysterious cultural meaning (easily combined with option a);
d) the player could encounter them when a quake exposes their home, and the player has to choose which one to assist out of the danger zone, leading to them and the chosen mon bonding (a rival could help another, and the professor the third, if you want).
Or e) some mix of those ideas.

Basically: matching with the hack's themes is more important than achieving 'balance.'

Back