• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 20, 2018
I get the message for obtaining the thunderstone right when I talk to Raikou, like when I talk to it, it turns towards me for a splitsecond and then I get the stonemessage. And I dont know if its patched at all. I just downloaded the rom about 1 month ago and started playing it (I'm playing on android). Maybe thats the problem?

Years
I get the message for obtaining the thunderstone right when I talk to Raikou, like when I talk to it, it turns towards me for a splitsecond and then I get the stonemessage. And I dont know if its patched at all. I just downloaded the rom about 1 month ago and started playing it (I'm playing on android). Maybe thats the problem?
Yeah, I think it's because whoever originally patched the ROM and uploaded it probably made a wrong step somewhere (Nevermind, an MD5 checksum test proves this wrong). I am about 99.9% certain that this won't happen on a properly patched ROM, and this is why I seriously recommend that ROM hacks be downloaded from their true source. When they are uploaded elsewhere, who knows what has been done to them or what bugs they may have.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Thats where I got the rom from, thought it was legit and all, but I guess I gotta patch it myself lmao. Do I just need to use the latest Patch u posted here and use it on a clean rom?
Or do you have a link for me from where I can download the complete rom already patched?
You're not allowed to link to ROM sites here.

Anyway the ROM from that site seems to have the exact same checksum as the one I patched, so it seems alright. Unless I messed up too..

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 20, 2018
You're not allowed to link to ROM sites here.

Anyway the ROM from that site seems to have the exact same checksum as the one I patched, so it seems alright. Unless I messed up too..

Whoopsie didnt know that, sorry.
Anyways, just have to try out things then I guess.
I just hope something will work because so far I love this rom hack and I'm really looking towards future updates.
Thanks for your quick response and your help man. :)

Years
@xXJaXce97Xx
@solidsmeagol

Since the checksums are apparently the same, I don't understand why there could be problems.

Is anyone else out there having this problem? If so then let me know. Either way though, I have no idea why this would be happening unless the patch I originally made was in some way defective.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
@xXJaXce97Xx
@solidsmeagol

Since the checksums are apparently the same, I don't understand why there could be problems.

Is anyone else out there having this problem? If so then let me know. Either way though, I have no idea why this would be happening unless the patch I originally made was in some way defective.

Perhaps you made changes after the 8-11 patch?

It's also possible that you use a different Emerald dump than what I patched on. Could you confirm that your copy of the 8-11 ROM has an md5 of 146021fedf75610952b4b65dc60c4015 ?

Whoopsie didnt know that, sorry.
Anyways, just have to try out things then I guess.
I just hope something will work because so far I love this rom hack and I'm really looking towards future updates.
Thanks for your quick response and your help man. :)

I think it might be helpful if you could save (in-game) before the event and upload your .sav file. That way Sky0fBlades can confirm whether it's a patching problem or not.

Last edited:
Years
Perhaps you made changes after the 8-11 patch?

It's also possible that you use a different Emerald dump than what I patched on. Could you confirm that your copy of the 8-11 ROM has an md5 of 146021fedf75610952b4b65dc60c4015 ?
Just now I patched my usual clean ROM with the 8-11 patch I currently have on my computer, and checked the MD5 using my hex-editor - it was a 100% match to that one.

After that, I did a file compare on my personally patched ROM with the one from the site that was accidentally mentioned earlier, exact match again.

Finally, tested it using my save file that I made specifically for testing the Raikou event, and it worked as intended.

At this point, I am guessing that the save file that xXJaXce97Xx is using has been switched over between ROMs. The fact that a Thunderstone was given suggests that the original event somehow made it over into that save file, since it is apparently using its original script. I turned the Thunderstone item on that map into the Raikou overworld sprite, so it really looks like the sprite was being held in the game's RAM data at the time the event was activated in this case (and from what I understand, the event script itself is only pulled from the ROM data once the event is interacted with directly).

This suggests that the game was saved on the hacked version's map (by way of a savestate probably), then the event was attempted on a clean/different ROM by mistake.

So xXJaXce97Xx, I think exiting the map and re-entering it should solve the problem, provided that the hacked ROM is being played on.

Last edited:

TheRealIcepik

Hi, first let me thank you for making this hack. I was wondering why new mauville hasn't been opened up to me yet as I already have 7 badges and have cleared Aqua/Magma questline. Is this a common glitch? Also, if I could say, I think the swap exp mechanic allows you to overlevel very easily. I was @ 6th gym with love level forty poke and basically walked over her, this leveled out Abit as I gym 7 but definitely felt very easily between 4and 6. Please let me know about new mauville as all I need for full team is a good electric!!

Years
Hi, first let me thank you for making this hack. I was wondering why new mauville hasn't been opened up to me yet as I already have 7 badges and have cleared Aqua/Magma questline. Is this a common glitch? Also, if I could say, I think the swap exp mechanic allows you to overlevel very easily. I was @ 6th gym with love level forty poke and basically walked over her, this leveled out Abit as I gym 7 but definitely felt very easily between 4and 6. Please let me know about new mauville as all I need for full team is a good electric!!

New Mauville in this hack is only accessible once you have captured at least 170 Hoenn Dex Pokémon, since a special event happens there now. On the plus side, you will now get a couple of neat rewards for going there, one of which is a pretty strong electric Pokémon.

As for the EXP thing, since it appears to make certain parts of the game too easy it may be a good idea for me to increase the difficulty levels between Gyms 4-6 a little bit in the next release. However, when implementing this EXP system it was mostly for adding more options for training, at the cost of the more effective method taking more button inputs and effort (switching out and missing a turn, instead of just using EXP Share). I now realize that if one is using the "Shift" instead of "Set" battle style it may make things a bit too easy. Now if I could make it so that it is on Set by default (with the other option still available for those who want it of course). I don't really want to remove this EXP system (especially since I play Set style), but if many people want the normal one back then I may consider it.

Last edited:
Years
Awesome hack Sky, nice to see you active here :)

Great to see you too, and thanks!

Yeah I come here now and then, been pretty busy this year though so I haven't been able to work on this project as much as I'd like. Now that this college semester is over, I can focus on it a bit more.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 19, 2018
In the locations guide, Scyter is found in the NW area of the Safari Zone. This is the MACH-bike area, not he ACRO-bike area.

Years
In the locations guide, Scyter is found in the NW area of the Safari Zone. This is the MACH-bike area, not he ACRO-bike area.

Alright, this is now fixed for the next release of the guide. Thanks.

Speaking of the Locations Guide, the next version has several improvements and adjustments for locations.

===================

For anyone curious about the next release, or whether this project is dead or not:

The hack itself has had tons of work done on it since the last release. The current development in progress (unreleased) now features new, glitch-free encounter lists and map layouts for some of the secret Islands, giving reason for people to come back to them after the first visit. Plus I found out how to make the extremely annoying PokéNav calls from random trainers finally stop, and have created a script that will allow you to toggle them on and off at will. There are a couple more new music tracks right now, and a special Celebi event based on the one in Crystal Version (yes, there is a GS Ball now). That Moon map I have been working on is 95% finished aside from scripted events. This means Jirachi will soon be available as well, with its own miniature sidequest. The Entei glitch some people have mentioned (event not showing up) is now fixed too.

In addition, Steven is re-matchable daily, and several PokéDex/Event-based requirements have been changed to be a bit easier for those who don't really have tons of time to play this (me included), or want to demonstrate these things more easily in a let's-play. For everyone who is currently on a grind to get 170+ Hoenn Pokémon, take it easy for now since things are about to be more reasonable for you. To those who have already done this, you get a special congratulations from me for having put that much effort in. I may add some bonus content just for you in the next update.

The above is just some of what I've added, there are more improvements and tweaks, including increased levels in the 4th Gym and up as well. I have been play-testing this game a bit, and I see what people mean about it getting kind of easy around that part of the story.

I have also been tinkering around with getting Wild Pokémon double-battles to work without having to implement the Battle Engine Upgrade (because that would put a lot of Gen4+ functions in that I don't want for this project - I want to keep it Gen 3 style). Unfortunately it cannot be separated from the BEU without glitching it up, so I've been trying to port this over to Emerald. Haven't finished porting or tested it yet though. If I can somehow get it working, I expect it to be be a great improvement to the gameplay. It was even intended to be in the original Emerald at one point (hence leftover incomplete code in the ROM), honestly don't know why it was scrapped. Anyway, this is unlikely to be in the next release because of time constraints; it's already been too long since the last one IMO. If anyone would like to help me port it, that would be great - I'll add your contribution in the credits section as well as the original creator's. Same applies if anyone knows how to fix the tacky looking PokéDex text glitch in 'EXP on capture'.

Last edited:
Years
Great hack, I love it! Quick question, which version of Emerald is its base, 1.0 or 1.1?

Thanks.
I think there's only one version of Emerald (at least that's what I gather from Google searching)
EDIT: Apparently there actually are 2 versions, which can be determined depending on whether the Vigoroth 'movers' at the beginning of the game have Machoke's cry or not (and mine has the normal Vigoroth cries, which suggests v1.1. Not sure how true that is, but SOURCE). Either way, the MD-5 Checksum for the ROM I used is:
Code:
605B89B67018ABCEA91E693A4DD25BE3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Aug 11, 2021
Thanks a bunch for answering so fast! The reason I was asking was because my friend and I have the same version of Cosmic Emerald. I used the Rare Candy cheat with the Master Code active, and it worked for me. My friend did the same thing I did but the only thing that happened was she got a bad egg. Do you yourself have any idea why it did this for her and not me?

Years
Thanks a bunch for answering so fast! The reason I was asking was because my friend and I have the same version of Cosmic Emerald. I used the Rare Candy cheat with the Master Code active, and it worked for me. My friend did the same thing I did but the only thing that happened was she got a bad egg. Do you yourself have any idea why it did this for her and not me?

Well, I can't think of any definite reason why but there are some possibilities:

1) The emulators/equipment you two are using are different, or different versions that require different input styles or syntax for codes. If you are using the exact same equipment, try doing a direct copy/paste of the codes you are using and double-check that there are no letters or numbers that are not what they are supposed to be.

2) Her Bag may be full (though I'd expect an item to be overwritten in this case).

3) She probably has another code that is still active, perhaps a Pokémon Box/Party slot type of code.

If none of the above, there is always the option of using a Gen-3 save editor, such as A-Save 1.23 or 1.27. I find that this would be a much safer option, and allows for a lot of customization that may be harder to find codes for. Here is a link if you are interested, personally I tend to use 1.23 (which should be included in the download with 1.27).

Last edited:
Years
Do regular Pokemon Emerald cheats work for this rom hack?

Yes.

Status Update:
Almost all of the scripting and mapping for the Jirachi event is done. I intend on releasing the next version of the game once this event is complete, which should be sometime soon depending on if I run into any problems or not.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Its possible to allow legendaries on the battle frontier? I cant find an hackrom that do this, I ve see that soul dew its enabled, so maybe its possible to do it... Im not good enought with hacking roms so I cant do it myself... its useless to have legendaries if you cant use them for fights at post end-game battle frontier... and cosmic emerald its the hackrom that i like best

Last edited:
Back