• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate (21/01/2020 - New Patch Out)

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2019
Super excited for the new patch and to see the new demon pokemon. =D Will the BW repel system be in there? xDDD (And maybe the BW exp system but don't care as much about that...)

Years
@Sakakii
Can you set AegislashS can evolve into Sword form with Runic gem and Sword form to Shield form with Runic gem too, well we can choose what we want at any time we need.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
Welcome to Patch 1.2 of Kanlara Adventures: Remastered!

Following up on the '10th November release', this patch adds a nice chunk of new content to the hack, such as new routes, new Pokémon (including Demon Pokémon), a new Gym, a new Town, new Trainers, a whole new building known as 'Battle Facility' and more...

Let's get into it with the patch notes.

Kanlara Adventures: Remastered Patch 1.2 Patch Notes

Spoiler:

Download: Below in the attachment

Please follow this guide if you don't know how to patch.
Kanlara Adventures: Remastered needs to be patched on a clean 1.0 version of FireRed, such as Squirrels.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=333151

Please note that this patch is not compatible with previous save files of Kanlara Adventures: Remastered. Please consider starting a new save file for a glitch free experience.

Attachments

• Kanlara Adventures Remastered Patch 1.2.ips
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 15, 2021
This game is pretty much ok, I also like the concept of Demon Pokémons it is kinda original...
Anyways I pretty much enjoyed the game...

(P.S will you be changing the battle bg?)

NayaLove

Has probably played your hack
Years
  • Age 36
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2019
@Sakakii

Thanks for the reply =)

Have downloaded the new patch and I'll start a new run tomorrow as it's my day off. I'm happy to do some informal balance and bug testing feedback as I go.

Question: Would it be possible for you to leave a list of available demon pokemon and known bugs (if you have that) here while the original post is missing?

Many thanks! =)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
Super excited for the new patch and to see the new demon pokemon. =D Will the BW repel system be in there? xDDD (And maybe the BW exp system but don't care as much about that...)
No but I can look into BW repels sytem for the next patch.
@Sakakii
Can you set AegislashS can evolve into Sword form with Runic gem and Sword form to Shield form with Runic gem too, well we can choose what we want at any time we need.
I sort of like that idea. I think I'd just make a different evolution item altogether and have that change their forms. But we'll see.
This game is pretty much ok, I also like the concept of Demon Pokémons it is kinda original...

I don't think so :/
@Sakakii

Thanks for the reply =)

Have downloaded the new patch and I'll start a new run tomorrow as it's my day off. I'm happy to do some informal balance and bug testing feedback as I go.

Question: Would it be possible for you to leave a list of available demon pokemon and known bugs (if you have that) here while the original post is missing?

Many thanks! =)
I can.
List of Demon Pkmn:
Spoiler:

So most of these aren't even bugs, just 'oddities' as I would call them but anyways:
* The map remains unedited. You can fly to most places but to get to for example Kanja City from Kaji you need to use the Pidgeot standing outside the Kaji City PC.
* Old cries for Gen 4+ Pkmn
* Some new moves such as Quiver Dance use old move effects like in this case Dragon Dance, so +1 Atk, +1 Speed. (Maybe I can learn how to do new move effects in the future)
* In the Battle Facility, there's a couple Bikers that will morph into Kyogre as they walk towards you. That's kind of odd and the reason for that is editing that place is very different from anything else in the game, so I wasn't able to change the OW's just yet.
* Egg groups and such has not been properly updated so while you can use the Day-Care for breeding purposes I wouldn't recommend it until that's been fixed (should be able to do this for the next patch)
I think that's largely it for bugs.

Last edited:

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
Years
Lovely Additions to the Game Bro..thanks a bunch 4 adding Litten line! Kanlara Adventures Remastered is reaching towards it's pinnacle I Guess.. One issue I would like to point out is that don't make this game a bit too easy you know..Some difficulty should be there so that it remains challenging..Balance between painful grinding and Cakewalk is the key I guess! One stuff that can take this game to a new level is ALTERED FORMES. What do you think? I would love to see some new Typings!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2019
Still holding out for a demon Ninetales next time. ;D But cool! I'll be starting a new run. Really like this concept and can't wait for the additional patches.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I'm considering starting a new run, I was hoping this was complete already.

Screw it, I'll probably replay it in the future anyway.

Last edited:
Years

if you want battle bg u can use neon skylar's battle bg just search on google, and one thing its ips patch so ezly to use. =)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
One issue I would like to point out is that don't make this game a bit too easy you know..Some difficulty should be there so that it remains challenging..Balance between painful grinding and Cakewalk is the key I guess!
I agree with that, and I hope and believe the game is still quite challenging.

One thing I realized, while playing through the game multiple times is, I always had to make a detour at Happy Island or whatever its called, and farm hundreds of Chansey just to keep up with the late game level jump. So, it became clear to me that the game is not ready to end in a Lv. 100 fight just yet. That's why I made a significant level reduction to the late game level curve this patch, to reduce the amount of grinding we all have to do, in order to increase both mine and everyone else's enjoyment. I still would like for the game to climax in an epic Lv. 100 battle, but I don't think it's ready for that yet. For that, I need to add more routes and Trainers, more content basically, to allow for a natural progression towards Lv. 100 without the need to excessively grind.
I'm considering starting a new run, I was hoping this was complete already.

Screw it, I'll probably replay it in the future anyway.
That's the spirit :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2019
When you fight off Chanseys in Cardove, I noticed they use milk drink instead of softboil unless Chanseys now know milk drink...

Outwitter

Years
Hey Sakaki Bro I hv something brewing in my mind and I would like to share it with you. I know you're developing this hack single handedly and you hv your own issues to deal with. Please don't be offended. Here is my Idea - We all know that variety is the Spice of life and Luuma's Altered Emerald is the perfect example of that. Demon Pokemons are the USP of Kanlara Adventures and it's pretty original concept. They make this hack Unique. But, what if we also add Regional Variants to it; Kanlara Variants. With a certain precious item a Pokemon is converted into its Demon form, similarly, with some other mysterious rare item you can convert a Pokemon into its Kanlara Variant. This will add more mystery to the Kanlara Region. You can use the shiny sprites for its K- Form or some old gen sprite. I hv handpicked these 15 Pokemons and given them a unique typing. Hv a look:
01. Tyranitar = Steel / Dragon
02. Dragonite = Water / Dragon
03. Serperior = Fairy / Dragon
04. Rhyperior = Ground / Fairy
05. Haxorus = Poison / Dark
06. Braviary = Flying / Dark
07. Samurott = Water / Electric
08. Eelecktross = Electric / Steel (Levitate)
09. Arcanine = Fire / Water
10. Scolipede = Bug / Ground
11. Beartic = Ice / Ground
12. Chesnaught = Fighting / Fairy
13. Pangoro = Dark / Fairy
14. Bronzong = Steel / Ghost (Levitate)
15. Gyrados = Bug / Dragon
Well, that's all I had in my mind. KV concept will take this hack to a whole new level if implemented. Rest is up to you Bro.
Cheers..

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
When you fight off Chanseys in Cardove, I noticed they use milk drink instead of softboil unless Chanseys now know milk drink...
Right, so Softboiled was replaced with a different move, and any Pokémon that could learn Softboiled was given Milk Drink instead. These moves have the same in and out of battle effect and same amount of PP, so in that sense it's a harmless change.

Hopefully Chansey using Milk Drink doesn't detract too much from your experience..

Also, just as a sidenote, I have been thinking of expanding the move list, because I want to add more moves to the game than it originally supports. If I do this, Chansey can get her Softboiled back and some other moves that are missing (Splash for example), would also return.

@DefiantGeek

I respect your ideas, but I think what you're suggesting is sort of beyond the scope of what I want to do with Kanlara Adventures right now. It's definetely a cool idea, regional variants, but for the time being the sort of stuff I wanna do is things like new maps, new sidequests (or main quests), some new Pkmn. On top of fixing the egg groups, and various other things such as de-capitalization. That's what I have in mind for the next patch.

Last edited:

NayaLove

Has probably played your hack
Years
  • Age 36
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2019
Helloooooo again! Have some new feedback!

So 'Demon Flight' is Flying type, digs a hole and receives damage while in the sky/ground. Just thought I'd share this but presumably is known. I couldn't get the image tags to work so maybe next time I'll try a different host site. Here's the links anyway.
https://ibb.co/hW2GDtZ

And some shiny versions of demon pokemon. I like how the colours are affected!
https://ibb.co/R44Gg46
https://ibb.co/g9hW67f
https://ibb.co/bdJwSy4
https://ibb.co/vXkK1cY
https://ibb.co/WgbFyKd

After farming a lot of Sableye my team is complete! Except for Doubledge which I won't be evolving till lv50 (thanks for that). The stat changes seem to make cannons of them all which suits me for the level curve as it is still challenging and this helps me be a bit more successful.

I'll report back again much later in my play through but my initial personal observations on demon balance is:

Where Sp.Atk or Atk is higher I would have ignored the lower attack type for movesets even if not using demon pokemon which means I now have an extra powerful team with +30% resistance to all attack types and no change in Sp.Def or Def. There have been a few gym pokemon where this wouldn't have helped all that much and the level curve is challenging enough just now that I don't feel overpowered yet (for reference I'm about to head west out of Nahara town, past Groudon's location). But I am dubious if this will stay this way - but we'll see.

Regardless of the above, I had the thought which felt worth sharing that maybe Demon type can receive x2 damage from Normal Type. Demon types weakness being Normal types only strength. Anyway, just a thought.

The game's been a giggle thus far and I'm back to where I was prepatch so I'm embarking into undiscovered territories again! =D

PS: And I may have gone "ahem" exploring https://ibb.co/HHpW81B

Edit: It took me a while to realise I should try going back to kanja boulevard after Agatha and I did think the endless desert trainers were a little stronger than they should be for my team at this point. I wonder if you could have Agatha mention returning to the boulevard to help with clarity here. <3 Nevermind that's just the battle facility that's opened. I'm a bit stumped where to go next.

Last edited:

Outwitter

Years
Nevermind Bro.. I just shared with you whatever I had in my mind. I'm waiting for the final version to start my playthrough though. I wish you luck for future hacks.
Cheers!

Back