• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Should Village Bridge have been a town?

Village Bridge as town - y/n?

• Total voters

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
It is a village which is just another name for an area where people inhabit. It's more of an established living area then other places like Pacificlog Town which was in the middle of nowhere. I personally found it more worth while of a settlement then Lacunosa Town.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
Years
I wish it was an actual town and that it offered more. Honestly it doesn't have too much to keep me visiting often, but maybe a cafe with trainers to battle daily would be cool to have. Plus I wish they reworked the waiter/ess job thing. A berry? Really? It's not even the -EV berries I need...

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
I've kinda looked at is as a town just on a bridge? It has houses and people inhabit it but i'm not sure changing its name to an actual town would do much.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Village Town? Seriously? That place is massive, it's bigger than Goldenrod City, you might as well Village City. Village Bridge is fine the it is for me, I'm more interested in an expanded Anville Town.

they shoulda atleast had sum kinda event thing there like those weekly things or sumthing

You can be a waiter or waitress everyday.

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2018
I think it should have been a town. It was definitely big enough to be one. I guess it wasn't because there was no Pokecenter on the bridge.

TheCondor

Noblesse oblige
Years
The entire feelings of the village was something really unique to the game. Actually, Black and White probably has the best environment design than Ruby and Sapphire. Although I think it suited it role nicely, since it has a slower pace and not at attention demanding as the other cities were. It suits the post-story part of the game in my opinion.

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
personally i would have liked to see more towns in the 5th gen games. it would make the most of the new graphics and add a little more to the game as well. and out of all the bridges in Unova the village bridge could have worked as a nice quiet town.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2011
I dont think its too bad....almost enjoyable if u ask me. Other games have too many towns lol

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
Years
Nah, since it's technically a "bridge," it should stay a bridge.

It's a relatively large settlement, but it doesn't really need to be a town, especially when it lacks a Pokemon Center.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
It is magnificent! It had the best graphics and scenery of the game!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Like others have said, it's a bridge and I don't think it would be necessary to have it be a town. Plus I think it's good for the games to have other attractive areas other than making them all into towns and cities. Village Bridge is a really nice touch for Unova, and especially the people and their given dialogue/effect for the area; such as the guy who begins to sing after you talk to him. It's the first part of the game to have an actual voice throughout the soundtrack, and I think it's pretty neat.

Anyway not to get too off topic here, the graphics and scenery are very well done and the houses really suit what Village Bridge is. In a way, it does look somewhat like a town and could have just been made into one if anything, but I'm glad it isn't so. I don't really consider it a town anyway and to be quite honest, I don't think there are many locations outside of the towns/cities and even the bridges that are well designed as Village Bridge. So I'm glad it's one of the couple bridges and wasn't made into a town, although I probably wouldn't mind if it was (I probably wouldn't have considered it a bridge if it was a town from the beginning anyway); I just think it's better that it hasn't been made into one to give Unova a better look with its variety of areas, if that makes any sense.

Years
I kinda like it more as the pseudo-town that it is. This way, it feels more like a hidden nook that no one knows about, so it can be your secret spot. It would have been nice to have a shop with some nice things to buy, but I weirdly kind of like not being able to Fly there.

pokelooker

Staraptor guy
Years
in a word:not really(oh, hang on..........)

i think personly, that i it became a town, it would lose the whole novelty of being a quiet, peaceful bridge and a pokemon centere would simply look out of place,

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
I wouldn't mind if it was a town, it's one of my favorite places to visit in Unova, but still, it is one of the 5 bridges and it's another thing that makes it unique.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What do you guys think?

Is there anything you would have added to it to make it more appealing? :)

Years
I would have considered Village Bridge as it is. While it does have houses, I wouldn't consider it a town because it has no Pokemon Center which is a staple of town and city locations. I wouldn't really add anything else, especially when you already have its calming music.

blue

gucci
Years
Nah, it suits how it is and I like that it feels like a small community off to the side rather than one of the main areas of Unova.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would have considered Village Bridge as it is. While it does have houses, I wouldn't consider it a town because it has no Pokemon Center which is a staple of town and city locations. I wouldn't really add anything else, especially when you already have its calming music.

What if it did have a Pokemon Center though? Would have it been suitable to be a town then?

Also @Blue: small towns and small communities are the same thing imo

Back