• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Alola~! [M][IC]

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

Hello, hello passengers! Be sure to adjust your watches for the correct time, it is now... ah! Exactly noon! The weather is going to be sunny all day! We will be touch downing at the Hau'oli City airport shortly, so remain seated until we do so, and the plane as come to a complete stop. We thank you for flying with the PokeAirlines today!

And welcome... to Alola!

tumblr_ok01ft5UWk1rure7wo1_1280.jpg

A Pokemon RP rated M.

Cast List

Aquacorde as Emil Broca
QueenNothing as Jules Valentin Polnareff
Stinging Bea as Mika Belle
Kitty as Arden Trikkie
Mersie as Primrose Trikkie
Groc as Moira Shipley
Cubchoo as William "Will" Thompson
Cubeth as Penelope Colbert (Penny)
Hyzenthlay as Ilia Flowers

☀The Alola Travel Broshure!🌙
This contains all the inner mechanics of this RP, as well as the world-building here in Alola! It will be updated with more world-building concepts as they are developed, so check on it often in case you wanna refresh on anything!

8gI5xpL.png

Rules of Alola!

1. All PC rules apply.
2. Be fair, nice and respectful towards other players. This also implies no godmodding, bunnying without permission, or anything of the sort.
3. This RP has an M rating. Meaning that romance, violence, swearing and even minimal gore and adult themes are allowed. These principles are encouraged but do not overuse them!
4. Communication is key! Cooperate with your fellow players and discuss the RP upon our discord server.
5. Respect should always be given! As fellow RPers in this game, we should all work together to ensure that we all have the most fun and positive atmosphere that we can possibly have. So, please give others the respect that you would like to be given in return!
6. If you're unconvinced that any decision I made isn't the wisest, please tell me so! As I will be posting in this RP as well, and I do encourage some communication with me as well. I'm also not perfect, but I will do the best I can to help the RP moves along.
7. Let's all enjoy ourselves! Don't be shy; come right in! If you have any questions about anything, you're more than welcome to ask!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

☀Stage One: Finding Gentle Joy!🌙
Hau'oli City

gY6ZfUo.png

Stage One Start Date: June 1st, 12:00 p.m.
Stage One End Date: June 8th, 9:00 a.m.

Another peaceful afternoon in sunny Alola, even in the bustling city, Hau'oli City. Hau'oli City is a coastal city situated on Melemele Island of the Alola region. It has a Beachfront, a Shopping District, and a Marina, and is known as Alola's largest city. For tourists, it's the city that the PokeAirlines stop to, and is the location of Alola's best rated hotel resort for them to stay.

Meanwhile, those who live in Alola, continue with their day-to-day activities, whether it be fixing their hair at the salon, buying that all important item at the Shopping District, or even catching a ride with the Licensed Riding Pokemon to help with some side jobs, their day-to-day lives go on. For some kids? This is the start of their Alola Island challenge. What kinds of adventures await these characters? Only one way to find out!

⚠ This city is known as the home base! It's the place where all the characters live at once. You can live within your own house as an Alolan from here, or if you're from overseas and have family members here, you can stay with them as well. But for most people from overseas, they'll be staying at The Sun and Moon Hotel Resort. You'll start off with a few Pokeballs (around 5), but of course, you'll be able to purchase them at the appropriate shops.

Feel free to start off however you prefer! If you want to stay at the hotel, you'll just have to check in with your name, and they'll give you your rooms to stay in. Otherwise, Alola is your Cloyster - feel free to explore and do stuff around! You can travel to any and all places listed.

ThOtukL.png

The Sun and Moon

Here's where everyone on vacation will stay in! Welcome to Alola's most popular hotel resort: The Sun and Moon. This historic oceanfront resort features hundreds of rooms, including many suites­­ of which some are oceanfront. Located on the beach, The Sun and Moon is in the neighborhood and is connected to a shopping center. The Alolan Shopping District and The Hau'oli Mall are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore the outskirts near Route One and Two. You can check out the nearby beach, treat yourselves to pancakes and malasadas at the food shops, and even check out the Alola TV building! Be sure not to miss outdoor adventures like hiking/biking trails, or hop on a rental Riding Pokemon nearby and take a self-guided tour around the city!

Rooms can either have one king sized bed, or two, depending on one's needs. The hotel has a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center, all available at this smoke-free hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a bar/lounge, a poolside bar, and a coffee shop/café are onsite. All rooms provide free WiFi and free wired Internet, Smart TVs with cable channels, and conveniences like refrigerators and coffee makers. Other amenities available to guests include lanais and room service.

Guest amenities include air-conditioning, writing desk, in-room safe, flat screen television with remote control, in-room movies, high speed internet access, mini refrigerator, coffee maker, regular/decaffeinated coffee and tea, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, and bath amenities. ADA accessible rooms are available.

Property amenities
Spoiler:

🌙Room amenities
Spoiler:

Areas of Interest:

320px-Hau%27oli_City_Shopping_Mall_anime.png

The Hau'oil City Shopping District & Mall

The bustling center of the city, where you can get everything from fashion items to popular treats to eat. The open-air stalls in the shopping district especially has a wide range of food items and treats for people to buy and enjoy, while the mall has some of the best items you can find in Alola. You can find anything you'd practically want between the open-air stalls, the mall, and even some of the full sized shops all around the city! You can find anything and everything in this city's market!

The Alolan Apparel shop is located to the west of the Tourist Bureau. It sells fashion items, offering tops, bottoms, socks, and hats. It's run by a few fashionistas, while eccentric and energetic, they're all pretty nice people. Gracidea, on the other hand, is another clothing store in site the mall. They offer more expensive, yet more popular wear and offer more of the latest trends.

The Salon is a cute place for people to cut, and dye their hair. If you decide to pop in to do that, just be prepared for a nice conversation with the hairdressers.

The Battle Buffet is located in the center of the mall's upper level. People are allowed to eat a variety of meals, or also battle while they dine. They can battle against the staff, or with other fellow Pokémon trainers! Don't be surprised how much excitable it gets around there during lunchtime!

The Masalada Shop is one of the most popular chain of food stores in all of Alola! Masaladas themselves can be bought in a variety of different flavours, for both you and your Pokémon. When you have a chance, give it a try!

Aina's Kitchen is another restaurant with a casual vibe. They offer a bar for drinks like coffee, or Pinap Juice. It's run by Abe, a kind old man ready to listen and help those in need.

The Alola Tourist Bureau is located in the Shopping District, next to the apparel shop. It exhibits a promotional video of the Alola region and hosts plenty of local goods and souvenirs.

The Rotomrolla store, is inside the mall, where one can buy the coveted Rotomrolla, now for a fair price in the market. The staff there will help you set it up; (turning it on, helping you with apps, etc.)

Other Locale

320px-Alola_TV_Station.png

Alola TV

The Alola TV station has been the main television production and broadcasting hub in Alola for the past 55 years. The facility has several film studios and rehearsal studios, and is surrounded by large open spaces ideal for larger production sets. Alola TV employs many people from directors, camera operators, and makeup artists to actors and actresses.

It's the place for many productions of shows, and even airs some shows that are produced from other regions, like Unova and Kalos! It even airs that one popular show! You know the one. Yes, that one! Some celebrities from other regions even travel to Alola to come here to be part of some television and movie productions!

Sometimes people audition for roles for upcoming episodes of shows and movies, so if you think you have the talent, you can try and audition! People also gather to watch movies and shows together in the building, for a nice past time.

The Thunderbolt PokeRiders service center, near the heart of the city is the place where you can rent out one of many rideable Pokemon. They're partnered up with Aether Paradise, meaning the list of Pokemon they have available to rent is massive; they even branch out to other parts of Alola. You can visit their center rent one Pokemon of your choice to ride across Alola, or if you have a device like the Rotomrolla, you can download their app to rent out a Pokemon. All you have to do is provide your name and current location, and they will send it to you via in-Pokemon transfer (meaning, the Pokemon will be given your location, and will race to your location, as you've entered it). You can rent up to three Pokemon, and there are a variety of Pokemon that can even Surf, or move heavy objects in your path.

The Hau'oli City Hall is located in the Shopping District, south of the local Pokémon Center. Its motto is "Serving the city's every need!". It's a Alolan-Government type building where clerks working here deal with the process of moving to the region, amongst other things.

There is also the Hau'oli Police Station is located in the Shopping District, on the way to the Marina. The police(may or may not be competent) are there for everyone's needs, to help stop... certain troublemakers from causing a ruckus.

And of course, there is the Hau'oli Beachfront, a popular spot where locals like to gather to swim, play in the sand, and even to relax and bask in the sunlight. Even people from other towns come to Hau'oli City to visit this beach.

(???) Building under construction

A little bit north within the city, you may find there is a new building of some sorts that is under construction. The peculiar thing about it is, no one in the Alolan locale has any idea of what this building might be, beyond rumors. So, what exactly is being worked on? You can visit, but for safety reasons, it's advised you stay at a watching distance.

The Pokémon Center

A cozy, familiar building of red, the Pokémon Center, lying in the heart of the city. It is here for trainers to relax, and to heal upPokémon, free of charge. Pokémon Centers consist of one large room. The nurse's counter is in the center of the building. On the right is a PokéMart counter, staffed by one or two attendants depending on the Pokémon Center. On the left is the Pokémon Center Café, where people can purchase a drink.

It also features a board, where anyone can pick up a part-time job request, or can assist anyone with what they request on the board. So, for those who are looking for part-time work, can pick up one of the many tasks that people have posted up on there. They offer awards like money, or valuable items! Rumor has it, people have found rare Pokémon while on site for work too.

⚠ You can pick up one of these optional missions listed. Missions can only be done once, to be claimed by a single player. To claim a mission, please post in the OOC, with your claim. You'll only get the award once you completed the mission. But, you are allowed to JP with other players, to complete the task together, and all involved will receive the same award. If you see a symbol like this ♻, it means that the mission can be continuously claimed and cleared by everyone.

OPTIONAL MISSIONS

⚠ Can someone teach those Team Skull punks a lesson?! Normally people just let them be, but they're on the streets AGAIN, trying to cause a ruckus! The police don't even care about em' either. Or maybe they're not that threatening? Urgh, just show em' a thing or two!
Reward: x1 Evolution Stone of your choice

♻ The Battle Café is looking for people interested in some part-time work! For those interested, head on by! There are many tasks you can choose to do, from cleaning, cooking, or battling with the guests! Any and all help is wanted!
Reward: Pokédollars! + As appreciation for your first time at work, we'll give you one of your choice: Strawberry Sweet, Berry Sweet, or Love Sweet.

♻ The Fisherman's Guild is now accepting new members! Those who love to fish, come on by our HQ! It's right by near Melemele Sea! We'll give ya' a free Fishing Rod, and some lessons, if you're interested!
Reward: Fishing Rod

⚠ Um, I need help with something... My pet Poochyena... I think she might of scampered off to Ten Carat Hill, but the place looks kinda dangerous without anymore Pokémon of my own... I'll give you something worthwhile if you can help me find her.
Reward: TM: Work Up

♻ We're always looking for new Talent at Alola TV! Stop on by, and give us an interest if you're interested in becoming an agent for us! We're looking for talented people who excel in acting! Or, if you have any ideas for a live show, hit us up at Alola TV!
Reward: Future Prospects?

⚠ A Tauros from the Thunderbolt Pokemon Rider Service is acting very aggressively and is causing a rampage around the outskirts of town! I, your loyal and faithful Hau'oil police can not can done such actions! Please take care of Tauros and return it to the The Thunderbolt PokeRiders, while I try and fix my blasted coffee maker! I promise you, I am not scared, I just need my coffee first, and therefore, I will be useless in the struggle! But, you shall be awarded!
Reward: Honorary Hau'oil police badge...? + Silk Scarf

Any Custom Missions? If you have any missions that you yourself wanna do, and make your own awards for it, please let me know, and I'll see if I can approve it for you!

Route 1

800px-Professor_Kukui_house_anime.png

Pokémon that can be found and caught:

010.png
019.png
019-a.png
165.png
167.png
731.png
734.png
016.png

278.png
403.png
446.png
438.png
427.png
172.png
819.png
835.png

East of Hau'oil is Route 1, a beautiful path filled with flora connects Iki Town at its north end to Hau'oli City. It is bordered by Melemele Sea in the southeast; the southern half of the route is also known as the Hau'oli Outskirts.

Key Areas:

Professor Kukui's lab

Professor Kukui is the Pokémon Professor of Alola, with his lab sitting neatly in the southern Hau'oli Outskirts, Woo! His lab remains open for different types of Pokémon to peer in and out, and guarded closely by his faithful Rockruff.

If you want to attempt the Alolan Island Challenge, this is important! If you want to do the Island Challenge, this is the place to go where the Professor will give to you, an Island Challenge Amulet! This is for Trial captains and for the rest in charge to recognize your status as an Island Challenger. You won't be able to attempt the challenge without one!

----------​

30WIqlx.png

Melemele Sea

Pokemon that can be found and caught (fishing only):

222.png
129.png
223.png
366.png
370.png
746.png
118.png
060.png

Southeast of Route 1, you'll eventually reach the Melemele Sea. The eastern part of Melemele Sea makes up the majority of the location. It has two islands, one of which lies east of Route 1's Hau'oli Outskirts beach. The western part of Melemele Sea is smaller than the eastern part. It has an isolated beach area at the base of the mountain that houses Ten Carat Hill. This is also a good, quiet place to fish for most fishers, so you might spot some here and there. There's a hut nearby called the Fishermen's Guild, a place where fishers come and gather for group fishing, and discussions!

----------​

3Fvim1N.png

Ten Carat Hill

Pokemon that can be found and caught:

041.png
050-a.png
524.png
703.png
302.png
303.png
054.png
633.png

066.png
327.png
744.png
433.png
074.png
095.png
293.png
557.png

West of the Professor's Lab is Ten Carat Hill, a great hill formed by the activity of an underwater volcano. It is famous for the hollow in its middle that is open to the air. The cave part of Ten Carat Hill is a linear path connecting the Route 1 entrance to the Farthest Hollow. There is a second exit to a cliff overlooking the Farthest Hollow too. As the name implies, the Farthest Hollow is the deepest part of Ten Carat Hill, which is a small clearing with patches of grass, connected by a path from the cave. It's a good place for an adventure; to go hiking through it's many tunnels... but what will you find? Only one way to find out!

⚠ Oh and, watch out for Onix. There are a few in there, but they're extremely territorial. Not very friendly Pokemon.

----------​

800px-Pok%C3%A9mon_School.png

The Alola Trainers' School

A separate eastern path from Route 1, instead of leading back to Hau'oil, will lead you to the Alola Trainers' School. Young Alolans study here to become well rounded Pokemon Trainers! Alongside the school, there is a nice courtyard for all sorts of activities like sports, or even Pokemon Battles.

⚠ There are also many... odd mysteries or rumors about the place. Especially at night... could it be... haunted?

Last edited:
Years
June 1st, 12:00 PM​

Primrose stepped outside of the hotel her sister and her had been staying at. It was about a quarter after 11 AM, she wanted to take initiative in the day and explore on her own for a bit. She had a little brochure in her pocket listing off things to see and do in Alola and her camera around her neck. She took a deep breath and did her best to relax. Okay. Today was her first day going out in a new place- Without her sister. She was nervous, but felt it might be good for her to set off on her own this time. Plus she had her eyes set on something she had seen advertised earlier that would show her how to fish. She opened her smartphone, looked up a map to the Fisherman's Guild, and started to head in that direction. She ignored all the sights of the city as she walked, the sounds and the people were all a bit too much and she was eager to step away from it all. Not to mention seeing the beach again, it'd be different from Oblivia's beaches, but she was eager to see it nonetheless.

Once she got outside the city, she let Shiver out. "Thought you might like to get out of that silly little ball and stretch your legs a bit!" She cooed to the Girafarig. Shiver trilled in delight. She could see the Fisherman's Guild just up ahead and checked her phone, 12:03 PM. Quite the walk, but it was worth it. The beach was absolutely gorgeous and the day was nice. She was excited to see all the water Pokemon.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Emil Broca
► Entry #001
► June 1, Midday
► PokéAir Hoenn Flight #462, Hau'oli City Airport

Emil bounces in place, grinning widely even at the boring tarmac of the runway as the airplane skids against the ground. He made it, all the way to Alola! Amazing!

"Ah, youthful exuberance," sighs the old lady next to him, who had given up her window seat to his pleading eyes. Her name is Elodie, and she has been happy to talk to Emil almost the whole flight from Kanto to Alola, saying he reminded her of her grandchildren. Though she's so prim and strict, he doesn't think she'd be so happy if she actually knew what he was doing. He's actually very impressed with himself, that he's managed to not let slip that he's here fully illegally and without permission from his mothers.

Emil turns his grin on her. "Miss Elodie, you're so lucky to live here!"

Elodie chuckles. "I think so, too. Though it's a longer trip for me yet- I don't live on this island, remember?"

"I remember! Um… Ula'ula is your island, right?"

"Not mine alone, of course, but yes. You will have to come visit me in Malie City, when your adventures take you there."

"Yeah!"

Disembarking is a tedious process, he knows. He's been on airplanes before. But now, for some reason, he is anxious rather than simply bored of procedure. He worries about Magnemite, who he hasn't been able to check on this whole time, hidden away in his backpack. He worries that he'll be caught, now, at the end of his scheme- or perhaps he worries he won't be, and that he'll have to navigate Alola on his own. Of course that was the plan all along, but now- now that it's all at his fingertips he finds himself backing away, afraid of what lies on the other side of the gate.

Elodie catches his hesitation, and catches him by the hand.

"Airports can be confusing," she says. "I will help you get on the right bus."

Emil nods, despite knowing there's no "right" bus for him, not really. By the time they get there, he's decided simply to go into the center of Hau'oli. Elodie pays for his ticket, and he waves until he can't see her anymore.

The gentle buzzing from his backpack is growing more insistent, so Emil settles down and unzips it halfway.

"Hi, Mags!"

The Magnemite glares at him sleepily.

"Once we get off this bus, then we're really adventuring! Can you believe we made it? I bet the teachers are gonna be so mad."

"And so are your moms," Magnemite beeps gently. Emil winces.

"Well, they'll just have to deal with it! They can't take time off of work to come all the way here and get me, can they?"

"Can't they?"

Emil bites his thumbnail nervously. He didn't think they could just do that, but maybe they can! And then his adventure will be over.

"What if I never tell them?"

"You can't call them at all, then. You'll have to pretend you died. Change your name, go hide in the wilderness. And they'll be in mourning for years, and their relationship will fall apart, and they'll get a divorce and Mama will find a man and Mom will throw herself into her work to ignore her feelings-"

"What do you watch while I'm at school?"

Despite the daytime-TV drama of it all, Magnemite is probably right. He does have to call his mothers.

Emil waits until he's off the bus and settled in the shade of a tall palm tree in the bustling shopping district to switch his XTranceiver on for the first time since takeoff. He takes a deep breath, puts on a brave smile, and presses call. It rings only once before his mama's face fills the screen, scared and tired and furious.

"Alola, Mama!" Emil greets her cheerfully.

"Where the HELL are you right now, I'm coming to get you-"

"I just said!"

Mama pauses as she tracks what he's saying, then turns to yell into what Emil can tell is their bedroom. "FARHA! Your son made it to Alola this time!"

"... my son when he's being a menace…" Emil's mom pops into frame. "Why."

In the face of his mothers' stress, Emil's bravado is fading quickly. "I- I wanted an adventure!"

"You can have adventures and be safe, Emil! Just because you have someone with you doesn't make it less exciting!" Mama pleads.

"I have someone with me! I met a lady on the plane and she helped! And I brought Maggie."

"He brought the Magnemite. On a plane. Without a PokéBall." It's Mom's turn to be speechless. Mama brings her Holotch to the living room couch so she can open her laptop.

"Do you have any idea how many missing persons reports and search parties I have to cancel?" Mama sighs, typing aggressively. "Tell me you're at least still in Hau'oli."

"Yeah, I'm in the shopping district." Emil really is starting to feel a little bad. They hadn't been this upset even when he spent almost a whole day in Shoal Cave.

"I'm booking you a room at the Sun and Moon. It's a famous coastal resort, it'll be easy to find. I'm sending you the location. And I'm booking myself a flight- you go to the resort and stay there, you hear me? You can do whatever you want, as long as you're on their property. I don't know when I'll be able to get there but you'd better be ready to come home when I do."

"...Okay."

Mom pops back into frame, and she knows he's upset. "Emil. You are allowed to have adventures. But this kind of adventure is a really big one, and I think you need to be a little older to take it on.

"We just need you to be safe," Mama says.

Emil nods, knowing full well he's going to cry if he says anything.

"We love you," his mothers say in unison.

"Love you too."

He hangs up before they can hear him sniffle.

Magnemite settles into his lap. "Now what?"

Emil sighs, rubbing his eyes. "Did you hear what Elodie told me, or were you asleep?"

"I was bored in your backpack and fell asleep right away."

"Oh. Well she said it's really hard to book tickets to Alola unless you do it really far in advance."

"So…?"

Emil grins down at his friend. "I think we still have time for some adventures!"

MAGNEMITE - Magnet Pull
Thunder Shock | Light Screen | Supersonic ◄
Thunder Wave | Magnet Bomb | Magnet Rise ◄
Emil's Profile & Post Log
Current Adventure

Years
Jules Valentin Polnareff
June 1st, Noon
Hau'oli City
702.png

"Bonjour Alola!"

Jules takes a step outside of the airport to soak in the scenery, nearly blinded by the sunlight- fortunately his sunglasses are resting on the collar of his pink Alolan shirt, so that issue is solved right away. Clementine sits atop his braided hair, and she's fully charged up after a long nap during the plane ride. "The view is even more beautiful in person! It's a nice refresher after staying in one region my entire life- not to say there's anything wrong with Kalos, non non- but seeing the same thing everyday is exhausting! Isn't that right, Clementine?" His Dedenne lets out a series of merry squeaks, presumably in agreement. Jules giggles, charmed by the tiny mouse, and gently scratches her belly with his index finger. "Now then, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" With that, he stretches his arms out and walks down the sidewalk, dragging a large travel bag behind him. He's ready to take on this new world.

He has a set destination, The Sun and Moon Hotel, but rather than head there directly by bus or any other means of transit, he'll be arriving by foot and making plenty of detours along the way. By doing this, he can scout out what there is to do here, and by all means there certainly is a lot to check out- there's a TV station, a Pokemon Center with a unique Alolan flair, a variety of new restaurants, a salon, a clothing boutique, and even a city hall!... well, there probably won't be anything interesting there. But he can't wait to check everything else out!

While on his stroll, he does turn a few heads. Jules understands why, afterall a young man wearing a pastel pink and yellow floral skirt isn't an everyday occurrence, but the looks he gets are harmless and short-lived. Given how many tourists visit Hau'oli, the residents here must be mostly unphased by things usually considered unusual. It's probably nice to not be stared at, although he can't really play off of brief glimpses. How boring. Since he hasn't been presented with any opportunities to make connections he should probably quit dillydallying and go straight to the hotel-

"Ow! Oh, uh, fuck, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I was just-"

Jules rubs his nose after bumping into somebody, and when he opens his eyes he sees a bulky young man towering him. His deep tan gives the impression he might be a resident of the islands, and he's not very well groomed. His face is a bit scruffy looking from not shaving for a few days and his fashion is an eyesore (he has this awfully tacky tank top and not only is he wearing socks with sandals, but Detective Greedent socks no less!)... Yet this all only adds to what Jules sees in the young man. Perfect!

"My my, it seems I've been blindsided." Jules smirks, making direct eye-contact with the young man. "No need to feel sorry though, it was merely an inconvenience- besides, I have bigger issues at hand. You see, I really need to get to The Sun and Moon, and fast, but I'm afraid I've lost my bearings... Oh, if only I had someone to not only lead the way, but some muscles as well to carry my luggage around… with my scrawny arms I'm not sure if I can do it by myself!"

The young man's face starts to grow more and more flustered. There's a bit of hesitation on his end before he works up the courage to reply. "Uh, well if you want some help I know my way around the city pretty well, just sayin'..."

"That's just lovely! Oh, by the way- my name is Jules. What might yours be?"

"For some reason all my friends call me Nick, but I don't really know why because my name is actually-"

"Nick it is!" Jules grins, shoving his luggage towards Nick. "Don't you worry though- I'll make sure your efforts won't go unrewarded."

Nick's face flashes red and he nods hastily. "R-right! Well then, just follow me!"

☀️Later...☀️

"Well, here we are!" Jules announces, pausing to take a sip from a drink. Clementine joins in with jovial squeaks. "The Sun and Moon Hotel! Of course, I couldn't have gotten here without your help!"

"Thanks…" Nick releases a hefty breath, moreso from mental exhaustion rather than physical. "Y'know, I don't really mind heavy lifting, but didn't you say you were in a hurry? I mean, was it really necessary to make all those stops?"

"Of course it was! If I'm going to be in Alola I can't not get myself a Tapu Cocoa!" He giggles.

"It wasn't just the drink! There was also the lei, the ukulele, the charm, the hat, the water bottle- you almost made me buy you a Rotomrolla for Arceus' sake!"

"I guess you caught me in the act- saying I was in a rush was a bit of an exaggeration." Jules snickers again. "But how could I resist when there's so many new experiences waiting to happen?"

"Whatever." Nick groans and hands Jules' bag back to him. "Well since I got you here, I'm just gonna go home now." He turns around and starts to walk away, but a "Wait!" from Jules stops him in his tracks.

"I'm a man of my word- I said you wouldn't go unrewarded, remember?"

"Reward…?" Nick scratches his chin. "Oh yeah, I guess I-" He's cut off when Jules suddenly stands on his toes and leans in very close, caressing his arms around Nick's shoulders before finally delivering a gentle peck to his lips.

"Well then," Jules detaches himself from Nick, leaving the other young man speechless. "It was nice getting to know you. If you would ever like to meet up in the future, you have my number. But until then, adieu!" He then turns around and makes his way towards the hotel entrance while Clementine still faces Nick, waving goodbye with her miniature paws.

Looks as though my vacation is already off to a good start!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Emil Broca
► Entry #002
► June 1, Midday
► The Sun and Moon, Hau'oli City

A text from his mama with the hotel's location and the ominously phrased "Go now. I'll know when you check in." is what forces Emil over to The Sun and Moon right away, despite his aim to begin adventuring. The clerk raises an eyebrow at him checking in on his own, but apparently his mama had left instructions and he is given the key to room #233 without fuss.

The first thing he does, in his new room with a single, giant bed and a beautiful view of the ocean, is plug in Magnemite's charging pad. After a few too many blown fuses and complaints from his mom that she's "a rocket scientist, not an electrician," Emil had done some experimenting. A simple foldable pad, much like a wireless charging pad for phones but larger, with a higher output and a built-in surge protector- this is what he can plug into any wall and allow Magnemite to happily absorb energy.

The second thing he does is order lunch.

So when someone knocks a few minutes later, he is not expecting to see a surprisingly tanned, green-haired teenager.

"Oh, no," he can't stop himself from saying, and the girl's got him trapped under her arm, knuckles mussing his hair.

"What kinda way is that to greet your auntie, huh?!" she complains cheerfully as he struggles valiantly.

"Nooo, Ryan, let me go-!"

His terrible auntie does eventually give into his whining, but not before his bangs have fully fallen from their glittery purple clips. The foot and a half of height she has on him is too much of an advantage, nevermind her actually having muscles these days. Emil sighs and finger-combs his hair in front of the mirror. "How did you get here so fast? Mama said it might take a while."

"Was already here, duh!" Ryan flops backwards onto his bed, kicking off her grimy sandals. Glancing at her in the mirror, he can see she's definitely just come from a pool or the ocean, swimsuit and all, and is probably getting his bed damp. "Same hotel and everything. I was having a good vacation, too! And then Lexi called, and now I gotta babysit your stinky butt?" Ryan huffs dramatically. "Why'd you have to come to Alola? Shoulda stayed home with Martin, he likes you better."

"I like him better too!" Emil sticks his tongue out at Ryan, brow furrowed. "But he went back to Fuchsia two days ago. Did your twin telepathy break?"

"Maybe." Ryan crosses her arms and pouts at the ceiling. "He doesn't tell me everything, you know."

"Of course not, you just tell the whole world right away." Ryan's always been the loud one, not like her brother Martin. Martin is gentle, and listens to what Emil wants to say, and lets him help with projects. Ryan is hyperactive, and noisy, has too big a fondness for wrestling, and lords it over him that she's his auntie and therefore she's the boss of him.

"Not the important things," Ryan snaps.

Emil pins his last section of bangs back. "No, not the important things," he agrees, regretting that jab. Ryan never even hinted at Martin's most important secret, not until he started telling people himself. Their whole family had been more shocked to find out she knew than to find out what Martin had to say, much to Ryan's dismay.

It's weird that Martin isn't telling her everything now. He used to.

Maybe that's how being fifteen is.

Magnemite beeps from their charging pad, apparently waking from another doze. "Oh, someone get the popcorn, the drama train has arrived!"

"You don't even eat," Emil counters. Ryan sits up.

"You still talk to Pokémon?"

"Yes," Emil sniffs, "you still refuse to believe it?"

Ryan is quiet for a long moment.

It's weird. She's always been volatile, jumping from one place, activity, and mood to the next, but he doesn't think she's ever quiet. Not until now.

But this whole day has been weird.

"She's been annoying and needy. Tell me what's wrong with her," Ryan demands, and clicks the release on her PokéBall before Emil can complain about an entire Mantine in his hotel room.

"Hi, Carolina," he sighs.

"Not happy to see me, Emil?" the Mantine cooes, undulating gently above the bed. Ryan scoots back against the headboard to allow her Pokémon more room.

"No, it's nice to see you! Just not nice to be demanded things of," Emil brings a hand up to pat her as he levels a halfhearted glare at Ryan, who rolls her eyes.

"And what fuss is she making now?" Carolina has been with Ryan for a few years, and knows how she is.

"Fussing about you, actually." Ryan is paying close attention, even though she can only hear one side of the conversation. "She thinks something's wrong."

"Is it wrong to be lonely?"

"Why are you lonely?" Emil asks, baffled. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees Ryan clenches her fists. Magnemite's focus is solely on the teenager.

"It's been a long time since Dakota and I played," Carolina's sigh smells of ocean breeze. Emil nods. Dakota is Martin's Mantine, so of course she'd been with him during the months Martin interned with Emil's mom. "I stay in my PokéBall most of the time these days."

"But this is Alola!" Carolina makes a quizzical noise. "Mantine surfing is a popular sport here, I don't- I don't understand why you don't want to play like that?"

"Do you think it's my choice to stay in my PokéBall?"

"Oh."

They go quiet.

That breaks Ryan's patience.

"Well?"

"She wants to… spend more time out of her PokéBall. And play."

Ryan sighs.

And clicks the return button.

"I just said-?!"

"Yeah, and how were we gonna get her through the door? C'mon, let's go."

She pulls the door open and comes face-to face with a man, fist poised as if to knock. "Er. Room service?"

"Thanks!" Emil says, snatching the sandwich off the plate and hurrying after Ryan as she pushes past. Magnemite zips ahead, eye trained on the huffy teenager.

"Better than daytime TV!" they trill, which is something like a laugh for them. Emil is too busy trying not to choke on his sandwich to respond.

MAGNEMITE - Magnet Pull
Current Adventure

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023

Will Thompson - #001 - June 1st, 12:00 p.m.
613.png
Teddy the male Cubchoo Ability: Slush Rush - Icy Wind - Brine - Fury Swipes - Growl - Endure - Yawn

Will leaped out of the apartment and did a hard swerve towards the stairs. He jumped down three steps at a time before finally stopping to breathe and sigh in relief outside the apartment complex.

As it turns out, sweats, flannel, and coats weren't just "inappropriate" for the Alolan weather. Oh no, that would make life way too easy. His wardrobe had become a death trap overnight.

A small part of him could appreciate the sheer punk rock of it all. Another was looking up at the skies and foaming at the mouth. Because his mother had outright forbidden him to wear any of his clothes outside the house, which meant borrowing clothes from grandpa.

And that's how he found himself scurrying towards the market, wearing a broad yellow Alolan shirt with a red floral print. And the baggiest, daddiest pair of cargo pants he'd ever seen. He did appreciate all the pockets, but this was seriously cramping his style.

In theory, he could go shirtless. There were so many people walking around in what basically amounted to swimsuits, he was pretty sure he could just ditch the shirt altogether. But he wasn't sure which was worse: being seen with this crime against fashion or showing just how much of a stick he really was.

As he followed his GPS, only raising his head when absolutely necessary, he saw him on the other side of the street. His angel, his salvation, his hope of a better future. A punk guy.

Sure, his outfit was little on the simple side, and he really should have done away with the hat, but it was undeniably punk.

"Alola, dude," he said, in his finest deadpan, as he almost pounced on the man.

The man muttered something or other about normies (rude) before replying. "Yeah yeah, alola. Look, kid, what do you want?"

"Where did you get your clothes?" Will said, cutting straight to the chase.

The man stared at Will for a solid five seconds before stammering a weak "What?"

"This is an emergency," Will said, "I lost my entire wardrobe, and now, I'm forced to wear muk like this!" he waved in his general direction.

"I can't be seen like this, man. You gotta help me." Will completed, shaking the man as he spoke.

The man stared at the sky for a second, muttering something before turning around and saying: "Follow me."

Fifteen minutes later, they arrived at a Hot Topic, and for the first time in days, Will was feeling home.

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
b6e5b0fbc8c57037b15c42bb7aa23a2c1ebe37f0r1-250-250v2_00.jpg
Penelope Colbert
June 1, Hau'Oli City
Chapter 1: Part 1 - PokéBall Shopping
Early afternoon - PokéBall Shop, Hau'oli City's Shopping Center
Leah is lucky to be living in Hau'oli, she's been saying so ever since she moved here with Penny. The city's shopping center has everything and isn't too far away from her home, which is perfect for these situations.

It's not everywhere that you can find a specialized PokéBall shop in Alola, and Leah wants to make sure Penny has the best possible equipment now that she's about to begin her adventure, despite Ailani saying that only the basic stuff they have at home will do. They already have that surprise ready for her, anyways, which will probably be the most handy accessory for the girl.

She has mixed feelings about this, though. On the one hand she's happy that her daughter is old enough to leave her home, but on the other hand, she's also worried about what might happen to her while she's away. Leah can't help but think that Penny's childish behaviour might be an issue for her without any of her two moms to look out for her, even though her wife has told her so many times that she will be fine. But if it serves as consolation for her, Hopper will be with her, and he has always made sure she doesn't get into a lot of trouble.

"What about the Lure Ball? It makes fishing easier, right?" Leah asks, looking at the various PokéBalls on display.

"Am I missing something? Penny doesn't know how to fish." Ailani asks her wife.

"I mean, no, she doesn't. But nothing stops her from learning," Leah says. "There's the Fishing Guild here and you can fish Remoraid nearby, right? Penny likes Remoraid."

Ailani turns her glance at her. "Because it looks like a-"

"Darling, please. There's no reason to start this conversation now. It's-"

"Just a pokémon, I know," she interrupts. "I'm glad she likes pokémon, really, I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about why she likes them. It would be different if whenever I asked her about why she likes Remoraid she said something other than "it looks like a pistol", you know?"

"She's just eleven, of course she would associate it with things she likes. She'll grow out of it. That's why we are sending her on this journey, remember?" Leah says, putting an arm around Ailani's waist while her wife rests her head on her shoulder. She knows that what Ailani doesn't like is that Penny likes guns, though, and to be honest, Leah doesn't like that either. However, she is pretty confident that she taught her to differentiate on what's right and what's wrong and this is just an interest that will go away as she grows up. "Penny is a good girl. She wouldn't even harm a Cutiefly."

"Well, that would be problematic if she becomes a Pokémon Trainer."

"You know what I'm talking about."

"I know, I'm kidding," Ailani laughs and gives her wife a kiss before she lets herself loose from her wife's arm. "Let's decide what we are buying here, though, we have a lot to do today. Where's Penny?"

"Penny…? She went inside the shop with us," Leah says, scanning the shop with her eyes. Why on earth is a PokéBall Shop so big, in the first place? All that space spent in rotating display machines and really long shelves could really have gone somewhere else, like the shops that actually need that space to begin with. It's easier to look for Hopper, anyways, he is taller and is always following her ar- DRUM!

"There she is," both of them say in unison.

Leah and Ailani rush to where that sound came, just to find exactly the scene they had predicted: Penny floating in front of one of those shelves with Hopper holding her from behind with a lot of different PokéBalls laying on the ground together with the toys she brought with her.

"Oh my god. Penny, what did I tell you about wandering around like that?"

"You didn't hit your head, right?"

"Oh. Alola, mom…! Moms. Long time no see!" the girl says, waving an arm at both women and then scratching her head after seeing they don't react with the same enthusiasm. "I stepped on my pants and tripped. I think Hopper saved my ass… again."

"Penny, language!"

"Sorry."

Ailani sees another person laugh in the background and shoots them a glare, which is easily ignored by them. She shrugs it off and gets on her knees to pick up the PokéBalls Penny dropped, but is interrupted by one of the employees that does the job instead.

"Thank you." Ailani eyes at Penny and frowns, tilting her head forward. The girl takes a bit to understand the gesture, but complies once she does.

"Thank you, mister! Keep up the good work!" She says, giving the man a pat on his back. Ailani takes a hand to her face while Leah laughs.

"I'll… add more clothes to the list. Stay with us, okay?" Leah says, adjusting her glasses. "We are here to buy the things you need for your adventure, after all."

"Yes, sir!"

"Ailani and I were wondering if you were interested in learning how to fish before you leave, so we buy you PokéBalls that are useful for that."

"Remoraid and Octillery live in the sea. So does Mantine… and Clawitzer, I think," the girl says with her hand on her chin. "Yeah! I want to learn!"

"See? I told you," Leah tells her wife. "Three Lure Balls should be good, right?"

Penny nods eagerly.

"Okay, we are going to buy these then. Are you excited for your adventure?"

"Yes, sir!"

Leah laughs. "Me too. Don't leave our side now, okay? We don't want to cause more trouble for the employees… and everyone else. Sorry," she says lowering her voice as she speaks.

"Yes, sir!"
Current Party:
425.png
lureball.png
lureball.png
lureball.png

Inventory
Spoiler:

I'll draw Penny at some point, I swear.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023

Will Thompson - #002 - June 1st, 12:43 p.m.
613.png
Teddy the male Cubchoo Ability: Slush Rush - Icy Wind - Brine - Fury Swipes - Growl - Endure - Yawn

▸ Hau'oli Shopping District

Will sighed. Like always, the tyranny of the capitalist machine had reared its ugly head and reminded him of why we can't have nice things.

The amount of cash he'd gotten from mom just ... wasn't enough to get the really cool stuff. Or much of anything, really. He'd managed to walk away with a black tank top, a choker, and a couple of simple rings.

That tank top was way more expensive than it had any right to be, but he'd be lying if he said the fabric felt anything short of heavenly.

So while he mourned his wallet, he was in a pretty good mood on the way back home. It lasted about ten minutes before there was a pink blur, and he was knocked out.

▸ Hau'oli Police Station

"Hey there, buddy. Are you OK?" said a tired, wavering voice.

Will groaned. He didn't know who (or what) the voice in the distance was, but he felt the air conditioning, so it probably couldn't be that bad. Right?

As he tried to stand, he slowly massaged his temples before turning to look at the source of the sound. It was a police officer, a man somewhere in his late twenties, with dark bags under his eyes.

"What happened?" Will stammered while the officer sighed in relief. He started patting himself down. "Was I mugged or something?"

"No, no, that was ..." the officer sighed before sitting down in a nearby chair "that was my bad, actually. Sorry."

Will stared at the man.

"Our station recently received a Snubbul to train into a canine unit, and I accidentally set them into a fit of rage."

Will stared harder. The officer recoiled, and his voice took on a more defensive tone.

"Look, he's a very fussy thing. How was I supposed to know that he would react this badly to the wrong flavor of malasada?"

Will opened his mouth, but apparently, the man wasn't done talking.

"And sure, I should have double-checked the food, but do you know how much stuff do I have to do? There's way too much paperwork to do around here, I spent the entire night investigating the school because of some rumors," his voice started to crack, and his breathing started to get more labored as he went down a list, marking each entry on a finger.

Still, he continued, "then I had to take a couple of kids out of a construction zone because apparently nobody has any common fucking sense anymore. Some Tauroses are rampaging in the outskirts of the town, and the coffee machine just broke."

"I'm sure you'll figure something out?" Will said, his eyes darting between the man and the door. He briefly contemplated the merits of just sneaking away before he decided to calm the man down.

Having friends in the PD was probably a good move anyway. You never know when you're going to need that character witness.

"Don't you have a partner to help you or something, officer ..." Will said, trailing off when he realized he didn't actually know the man's name.

"Ben. Officer Ben. And I had a partner before she decided to retire, so now it's only me, really."

"So, you're clearly not in a state to go out and about right now. So why don't you calm down? Maybe get some coffee or some sleep. And I'll go try and deal with the whole Tauros situation for you?" Will wasn't much of a Pokémon trainer, but he'd rather take his chances with a raging 1500 pounds death machine than the overworked sleep-deprived officer. Teddy could help with the death machine, and he really just wanted out of that room.

Shortly after, Will was a man with a mission, speeding down the street before Ben could change his mind.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Emil Broca
► Entry #003
► June 1, Midday
► Route 1

Ryan manages to maintain her huffy, stomping pace all the way down the coast, despite the varying stretches of beach sand, road, and boardwalk. Carolina surfs the shallows some meters away, delighting in the play but keeping pace with her trainer. As a Mantine should.

His auntie doesn't seem to care that Emil can't keep up, which is fairly typical. After the third time he trips over into the sand, Magnemite picks him up and lets him dangle from their magnets as they zoom along next to Ryan. It's not too hard on Emil's arms anymore- they've done this often, after all.

Eventually, they turn inland once more, Carolina following sedately, and Magnemite lets Emil drop down onto a dirt path leading to a fair-sized beach house. "Where are we?"

Ryan starts, like she'd forgotten he was with her. Maybe she had. "Uh, a professor lives here."

"What's he a professor of?"

"Pokémon? I don't know," Ryan snaps. "I'm not here to learn anything."

"You-" wouldn't be, Emil catches himself before saying. He's not really in the mood to actually get his ass kicked. "Um, why are we here, then?"

"Alola!" calls a voice much deeper than theirs. Rounding the corner of the house is a man clearly used to the Alolan sun- his skin is closer in color to Emil's natural bronze than Ryan's peachy complexion, even with her week's worth of tanning. Most of his attire speaks to practicality and function, but the lab coat over a shirtless torso is a choice Emil has questions about. But, Emil supposes this must be the professor, and how else would he know that if not for the lab coat?

Maybe it does make sense.

A Rockruff bounds ahead of the professor, yapping and growling at Ryan and her entourage. "What do you want? Why are you here? This is MY house!" it barks. Magnemite wheels around it and it chases them, leaping up as best it can in a valiant attempt to catch the tinnily laughing intruder.

"Alola," Emil says, the greeting still unfamiliar in his mouth. "We're just visiting."

The professor's eyes flick to him, and maybe he's noticed that Emil spoke directly to his Pokémon, and not to him. Professors are smart, after all. But the man doesn't comment.

"That so?" he says instead, calling Rockruff off its chase with a snap of his fingers. "Well hey, my lab is always open to visitors! Name's Kukui, and I'm a Pokémon Professor specializin' in moves! But you already knew that, yeah?"

"Yeah, of course," Ryan answers smoothly. Carolina rolls her eyes fondly, while Magnemite laughs amid jeers of "Liar!" and Emil coughs to cover his own snicker. "You're the one that gives out the… the trial token things, right?"

"Yeah, that's me! You thinkin' of takin' on the Island Challenge, cousin?"

Cousin? Emil knows Ryan isn't this guy's cousin. Does it mean something different in Alola? It rolls off Kukui's tongue like it's natural and easy, like he says it to everyone. It must be a thing.

"I want to get stronger." Ryan tilts her chin up, hands on her hips and feet set wide. "All by myself."

Kukui's eyebrows twitch upward, just a fraction. "With your partners too, yeah?"

"Yeah, yeah- I mean, of course! Carolina wants to get stronger too! Right, Emil?"

Emil jumps, not expecting to be addressed. "Um- Carolina?"

The Mantine glides to him and pats his head gently with a fin. "Not exactly a goal of mine, but you can tell them I wouldn't mind it," she sighs, with the mixture of fondness and exasperation Emil is realizing is a common reaction to Ryan from all sorts of parties.

"She- she says sure…" Emil stammers, glancing shyly as the professor. Sure enough, Kukui is leveling him with a placid but calculating gaze.

"You've got an interesting point of view there, cousin."

"He talks to Pokémon," Ryan says dismissively. Kukui looks intrigued, but Ryan ignores his forming questions in favor of her own agenda. "Can I have the Challenge token thing?"

"Ah, sure, why not? Well- how old are ya?"

"There's an age limit?"

"Sure. Traditionally, the Island Challenge is a way to teach the youth of the region to love and respect the islands and their inhabitants, yeah? There's a certain age range we believe is best at bein' taught those lessons through that experience- eleven to seventeen. You fit into that?"

"I'm fifteen, I can do it!" Ryan cheers, but turns on Emil on an instant. "You can't, you're still too little," she teases. Emil crosses his arms in a huff.

"I didn't want to anyway! I don't need a, a challenge to go on an adventure, I'm not lazy, like some people!"

"Excuse me?!" Ryan starts, but Kukui steps in, gently motioning for calm.

"Hey now, settle down! The path one person takes isn't always the right path for another, yeah? Gotta find your way in your own time. It's not the right time for his challenge just yet, but I hope it is for yours. Come on! We'll grab your amulet and you can get started and see, yeah?"

Ryan clicks her mouth shut and follows Kukui into the house, Rockruff following intently at he heels. Emil crosses his arms tighter and scuffs at the sandy soil with his shoes.

"Did you actually want to?" Magnemite buzzes around his shoulders.

"Maybe," Emil grumbles. "Would've been an adventure. But I'm too little."

Carolina hums, floating just above his head and shielding him from the sun. Her gentle wingbeats stir the stand and grass below. "That man is right, you know. Now is simply not your time. It will come."

"Like the inevitable return of the hero once fallen from grace!" Magnemite cheers.

"You watch too much TV," Emil laughs, tugging on one of their magnets. It makes him feel better, though. There's no push for him to do everything right now. And anyway, if he was even able to do this Island Challenge, he'd probably have to cut it short when Mama showed up to bring him home.

He'd forgotten for a moment that he's not supposed to be here.

Emil sighs and stuffs his hands in his pockets, scuffing at the dirt once again. Too little to do the Island Challenge, too little to have an adventure, too little to be without a babysitter…

His time may not be now, but he wishes it was.

MAGNEMITE - Magnet Pull
Current Adventure

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

☀Stage Two Part One: The Giant Pokemon
Verdant Cavern

pokemon-sun-and-moon-verdant-cavern.jpg

Stage Two, Part One start Date: June 9th, 9:00 am.
Stage Two, Part One end Date: June 12th, 7:00 p.m.

Welcome, trial challengers, to the location of the first trial: The Verdant Cavern. Deep within the mountains that make up the most of Northern Melemele Island, one of the most notable locations known as the Verdant Cavern can be found. No one has ever been exactly certain of how the Verdant Cavern came to be, whether by natural causes or the Pokemon that have lived there over generations, but it is still one of the most naturally beautiful places on the island. Verdant Cavern is as its name suggests, a cavern within the mountains, but what makes it so unique is its size. A series of small dirt bridges, ledges, rocky mounds, and plenty of burrows from the Pokemon that live here, make up the inside of the cavern. The Pokemon here can get territorial, so it's best to watch for any burrows or holes in the ground to make sure one doesn't get to close. To reach this place, all you have to do is go north from Hau'oli City, and follow along Route 2.

⚠ Each trial is hosted by a Trial Captain. Before entering this cave, you'll be greeted by the Trial Captain, Ilima, who will give you the details of his trial.

Trial Details: All you have to do in this trial, is reach the Totem's Den, where you'll be able to seek your prize: The Normalium Z , a Z-Crystal. But, you'll have obstacles along the way: namely, the Yungoos who live there, will attack and challenge you on sight. By any means necessary, you must find a way to travel through the cavern's maze, getting past any wild Yungoos you see. Once you get past the cavern, eventually you'll reach the Totem's Den, where you'll be challenged by the leader of the wild Yungoos: Gumshoos... a The Totem Pokemon.

735.png

TOTEM POKEMON: GUMSHOOS
Moves:
Tackle
Bite
Take Down
Odor Sleuth

Helper Pokemon:

734.png

Yungoos
Moves:
Tackle
Leer
Scary Face​

The Totem Pokemon are especially large and powerful compared to other common Pokemon. The scariest thing about them, is how sudden they can get stronger in the start of the battle. When Totem Pokemon feel cornered, they summon helper Pokemon ) to assist during the battle. At this time, you're allowed to bring out another Pokemon to fight, or just find a way to play it out.

When you first battle Totem Gumshoos, it will start by raising its Attack. It's main battle strategy is to try and overpower and overwhelm your Pokemon with powerful attacks, using Take Down as it's most powerful move. When it starts to feel cornered, it will summon another wild Yungoos, who will try and use moves to lower your defense and speed, for their boss to go in for an easier finish.

Upon a successful completion of defeating the Totem Pokemon, you will complete the trial, and finally be able to obtain your reward: the Normalium Z!

There are wild pokemon for capture in this cavern, but, as rules say: you will not be allowed to capture any wild Pokemon until after you complete the trial.

734.png
041.png
050-a.png
714.png
019-a.png
443.png
837.png
559.png

Route 2

Pokémon that can be found and caught:

063.png
096.png
235.png
021.png
058.png
742.png
296.png
739.png

066.png
152.png
023.png
676.png
206.png
701.png
001.png

North of Hau'oil is Route 2, located on the western coast of Melemele Island. Route 2 is a long stretch of worn dirt and grass paths that connect Hau'oli city to the Verdant Cavern further North, and leads to the Hau'oli Cemetery. Because the route is so long, and there are no other settlements until one either goes back to Hau'oli or makes the trek around the central mountains back towards Ikki Town, Route 2 has a remote Pokemon center located on the north western coast of the island in order to tend to those traveling trainers and islanders.

Key Areas:

The Berry Fields

our-blueberry-field.jpg

A gentle old man known as the Berry Master owns this field: it's where he grows and produces fresh berries for Alolan citizens, all over the region.

----------​

Pikachu.600.889288.jpg

The Hau'oli Cemetery

Pokemon that can be found and caught:

092.png
200.png
425.png
607.png
353.png
198.png
355.png
677.png

Melemele Island, while only the third largest island in Alola, it is the location of some of the oldest settlements and most well known places and structures in the region. Many know Melemele as a place of beginning where many young islanders begin their island challenge, but it is actually because of this that Melemele Island is known as 'The Gathering Place'. The people and Pokemon share their lives together on Melemele, gathered together to live beside one and other, and in the Hau'oli cemetery they have also shared their graves for generations to come. The Hau'oli cemetery is a sacred place for Alola where both humans and Pokemon are buried, where all generations and all walks of life can gather in the heart of Melemele to celebrate life and pay their respects.

Back