• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Best Dragon in Unova!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Zekrom is the only correct answer here

but Gen 5 had a lot of good Dragon types

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Hydreigon.

I was named after him on another pokemon forum I go on, so theres a soft spot right there :)

Also....he's kinda InSaNe. As in weird/silly/crazy/extish. It makes me think of the year 2004 a little :)......people who knew me back then might be the only ones to understand what i mean >_<;;;; aha....

Years
Druddigon and Haxorus seem to be cool... But when you see hydreigion .you think that it's the best .... Well I don't care much about legendary dragons... Like reshiram and zekrom or from other regions like guzzlord or rayquaza... Whatever but in unova I think hydreigion is the best

Years
Hydreigon without a doubt. It is one of the most brutishly cool pokemon in the whole series and is certainly nightmare fuel with its multiple heads and malformed arms/limbs. For me, it has the offensive power of Haxorus but being far more terrifying and able to fly - you can't escape from this monster. (I will concede that Haxorus has a better shiny though).

Last edited:
Years
Hydreigon was cool conceptually, but Haxxorus is just badass and could wreck stuff in game. Never really cared for the legends, but I did prefer Zekrom to Reshiram.

Years
Haxorus is definitely my fave Gen 5 dragon type. I think at the time it had the highest attack stat in the game (possibly not including legendaries, can't remember xD). Also had a good design, and there's something slightly funny about it having the word "hax" in it's name. Almost like it's officially overpowered. xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Haxorus is a really cool idea, a non-flying Dragon for once d: But Hydreigon is simply too cool an idea and good execution to not win here.

NewtonRPG

Newton
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 7, 2018
d201f987-dcaa-4be4-89eb-5ccff1ed05eb

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
I have always found most of the unova dragons to be trash, but now that in think about it reshiram is da bes' nuff said.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
When it comes to Unova specific Dragons, I'll go with Haxorus. Reshiram and Zekrom are the regional legendary Pokemon but if we exclude them, then that leaves the pseudo-legendary Dragons and I like Haxorus. Ironic seeing as that's Iris' best Pokemon in B2W2 and yet in the Anime, what do they give her? Axew and Dragonite 89 Episodes in. *facepalm* They even give her a Gible in her Johto special that no one in the USA got to see unless they watched it via Japanese Dub.

Years
I am entirely clueless about the meta, so I'm not in any position to be giving assessments of how good any Pok?mon is or is not, objectively.

However, my personal favorite Unovan dragon is easily Reshiram! It's so soft and fluffy-looking, and I love its pretty, elegant style! It's just really lovely in general, I think, and one of my favorite Legendaries in the series, actually! I'd love to cuddle up with it, or fly around on its back.

PokebladeRED

Trainer of Charizard since 1998
Years
For me, i really can't say who is the best one regardless of the meta, so i put Haxorus and Druddigon at equality.

I was also disappointed that Serperior was not a double type Grass/Dragon, 'cause it's my favorite pokemon for that generation (maybe i can hope a mega-evolution).

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
For me, i really can't say who is the best one regardless of the meta, so i put Haxorus and Druddigon at equality.

I was also disappointed that Serperior was not a double type Grass/Dragon, 'cause it's my favorite pokemon for that generation (maybe i can hope a mega-evolution).

You know... after thinking about it a bit more, Grass/Dragon would be an interesting typing. X4 weakness to Ice but still an interesting typing. A Mega giving it that typing might work.

Back