• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Digimon: Operation Digipedia

Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?

• Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No, keep them how they are

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Played the beta after I got it. So here is what I found:

In the 2nd town *forgot the name & too lazy to find it lol* the sign you can walk on it if you to the right or left of it. It's fine when you go up or down thou.

In Pewter city, you can walk on the pokemart building.

When you get the running shoes & try to run the character chances to a funky version of the original hero/ian.

Also don't know if its just me, but when I try to leave Pewter city & try to go to the 2nd gym after the 1st battle the rom gets funny. It does 1 of 2 things, either my character gets stuck & I can move the screen a bit until it gets stuck or my character gets stuck & I see a dis-colored version of the character taking over 1 of the other trainers & can move a bit until it gets stuck.

One more thing if it's too much hassle, I thing you should a dd a .txt in the .zip that includes how each digimon can digivolve & what their stats need to be. Bc there are a few digimon I'm trying to find like veemon.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2020
Awesome beta though I cannot seem to get to Mt. Moon I get glitched on the route. Also on the route heading towards Viridian Forest there is an unknown digimon that some times pops up.

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017

In the 2nd town *forgot the name & too lazy to find it lol* the sign you can walk on it if you to the right or left of it. It's fine when you go up or down thou.

When you get the running shoes & try to run the character chances to a funky version of the original hero/ian.

Also don't know if its just me, but when I try to leave Pewter city & try to go to the 2nd gym after the 1st battle the rom gets funny. It does 1 of 2 things, either my character gets stuck & I can move the screen a bit until it gets stuck or my character gets stuck & I see a dis-colored version of the character taking over 1 of the other trainers & can move a bit until it gets stuck.

One more thing if it's too much hassle, I thing you should a dd a .txt in the .zip that includes how each digimon can digivolve & what their stats need to be. Bc there are a few digimon I'm trying to find like veemon.
1st of all: There are many places that you can walk through them, this is because our 1st released didn't mean to focus on mapping, just about the sprite.
2nd: the running sprite isn't complete yet :( so it is a bit uncomfortable then
3rd: The txt should be there, but i'm not the one who compressed the .zip so I'll ask stocko or Epi later to include them :)

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
1st of all: There are many places that you can walk through them, this is because our 1st released didn't mean to focus on mapping, just about the sprite.
2nd: the running sprite isn't complete yet :( so it is a bit uncomfortable then
3rd: The txt should be there, but i'm not the one who compressed the .zip so I'll ask stocko or Epi later to include them :)

I figured that was the case when I read the read me. txt that was in the zip. I thought I would post the errors I found to let other aware of them, & so you don't don't have a lot of people repeating the errors.

There is a txt in the zip but it doesn't mention about the digivolutions.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I've been looking forward to a beta for so long now, glad it's finally out. It's looking great so far. Are the master balls going to stay free in future betas? It kinda makes things more fun to not have to worry about having low level Digimon to weaken the wild ones.

The only trouble I've had so far is after T.K's gym when I get the running shoes. It's been mentioned here a few posts above actually, when I run it changes my sprite a little bit, and then after a trainer battle (especially if I hold spacebar to speed up the game) I take control of an NPC until the game freezes.

One last thing, I'm thinking about playing through this on youtube while it's going through betas just to see what digivolutions I can find and hopefully show other people. My channel isn't big or anything, but I wanted to start uploading again. Would you guys mind if I did start uploading this?

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2020
So yeah I have found that it's the 1st Lass trainer on Route 3 glitches after I have beaten her.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
It could be me, I'm not sure. But I'm positive my Koromon digivolved into Agumon at lv5, but in the next wild battle, my Agumon was at lv4 & I had to raise it up to lv5 again. Wish I would've taken a snapshot, sorries. But I'm still enjoying the hack ^.^

Loonie

Mischievous Gamer
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2012
I had the same thing happeand to me too .. DarkRisingGirl ... My puttimon evloved into viximon at lvl 3 but it cameback to lvl 2 agian ...

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
By the sounds of it, it's because the 2 Digimon have differing Base EXP (I think, maybe also EXP growth). This is fixable in YAPE, in case you wanted help fixing it.

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years

Awesome beta though I cannot seem to get to Mt. Moon I get glitched on the route. Also on the route heading towards Viridian Forest there is an unknown digimon that some times pops up.

I'm not sure about this glitched route problem, but I fixed the tile errors. I'm gonna have to look into this glitch a little later in the week when I have time. Hopefully I'll have a patch for it by then.

I've been looking forward to a beta for so long now, glad it's finally out. It's looking great so far. Are the master balls going to stay free in future betas? It kinda makes things more fun to not have to worry about having low level Digimon to weaken the wild ones.

The only trouble I've had so far is after T.K's gym when I get the running shoes. It's been mentioned here a few posts above actually, when I run it changes my sprite a little bit, and then after a trainer battle (especially if I hold spacebar to speed up the game) I take control of an NPC until the game freezes.

One last thing, I'm thinking about playing through this on youtube while it's going through betas just to see what digivolutions I can find and hopefully show other people. My channel isn't big or anything, but I wanted to start uploading again. Would you guys mind if I did start uploading this?

I'm not sure about the master balls. That's mostly there for testing purposes. The running shoes do that because we haven't made a running sprite yet, and we changed the original character palette, so what you're seeing is a palette error that will be fixed soon.

It could be me, I'm not sure. But I'm positive my Koromon digivolved into Agumon at lv5, but in the next wild battle, my Agumon was at lv4 & I had to raise it up to lv5 again. Wish I would've taken a snapshot, sorries. But I'm still enjoying the hack ^.^

I had the same thing happeand to me too .. DarkRisingGirl ... My puttimon evloved into viximon at lvl 3 but it cameback to lvl 2 agian ...

That's exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for. I'll be sure to start making a list of these. Believe it or not though, it's kinda a benefit because you're getting an extra level of EV's lol.

By the sounds of it, it's because the 2 Digimon have differing Base EXP (I think, maybe also EXP growth). This is fixable in YAPE, in case you wanted help fixing it.

Exactly right.

quick question, does anyone know what level Gatomon will digivolve in this hack

Gatomon doesn't digivolve into Angewomon yet because we haven't completed her sprite yet, but you can fuse her with Ankylomon to create Shakkoumon at Gennai's lab, or digivolve her with the firestone to Lynxmon.

I'm thinking it evolves with the light stone, but I could be wrong.

& here is another question, how can you get veemon?

Jyarimon will digivolve into Demiveemon at level 3 if his Attack is less than his Defense.

To help you out a little, I'll post the EVs of the first few digimon you'll encounter including those on routes 1 and 2, and the starters:

Poromon - 1 Speed
Budmon - 1 Speed
Jyarimon - 1 HP
Punimon - 1 Speed
Puttimon - 2 HP
Tanemon - 1 Attack
Poyomon - 2 HP
Tokomon - 3 HP
Chichimon - 1 Attack

We haven't messed with EV's yet, so really what you'll be concerned with is Tanemon and Chichimon. If you want Veemon, make sure you don't battle either of those pokemon with Jyarimon and just use save states to help you out. I didn't realize none of these Digimon had Defense EV's until now. I'll be sure to fix that by the end of the week since it's very important to the hack.

I'll start working on a text document to let you know how to digivolve most digimon too.

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I'm not sure about this glitched route problem, but I fixed the tile errors. I'm gonna have to look into this glitch a little later in the week when I have time. Hopefully I'll have a patch for it by then.

I'm not sure about the master balls. That's mostly there for testing purposes. The running shoes do that because we haven't made a running sprite yet, and we changed the original character palette, so what you're seeing is a palette error that will be fixed soon.

That's exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for. I'll be sure to start making a list of these. Believe it or not though, it's kinda a benefit because you're getting an extra level of EV's lol.

Exactly right.

Gatomon doesn't digivolve into Angewomon yet because we haven't completed her sprite yet, but you can fuse her with Ankylomon to create Shakkoumon at Gennai's lab, or digivolve her with the firestone to Lynxmon.

Jyarimon will digivolve into Demiveemon at level 3 if his Attack is less than his Defense.

To help you out a little, I'll post the EVs of the first few digimon you'll encounter including those on routes 1 and 2, and the starters:

Poromon - 1 Speed
Budmon - 1 Speed
Jyarimon - 1 HP
Punimon - 1 Speed
Puttimon - 2 HP
Tanemon - 1 Attack
Poyomon - 2 HP
Tokomon - 3 HP
Chichimon - 1 Attack

We haven't messed with EV's yet, so really what you'll be concerned with is Tanemon and Chichimon. If you want Veemon, make sure you don't battle either of those pokemon with Jyarimon and just use save states to help you out. I didn't realize none of these Digimon had Defense EV's until now. I'll be sure to fix that by the end of the week since it's very important to the hack.

I'll start working on a text document to let you know how to digivolve most digimon too.

thanks man I'll wait for it & good luck fixing the glitches.

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
I forgot to say this so I'll just put it here.

You can feel free to edit your patched roms if you want, but only to the following degree:

You may change digimon locations/levels in advanced map
You may change EVs in yape
You may change move sets in yape

You may not upload your edited roms, or patches unless stocko or I give you permission.

You can look in yape to check out evs and digivolutions while I put together the text document, or maybe even put together your own text documents.

Also if you post any youtube videos covering this hack please post a link to it here and post a link to the thread in the video description.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I was on route 2, when I ran into a ????? Pokemon. You know, the circle with the question marks in it. Is that something you wanted to know about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back